Sign in to follow this  
commanderKW

Stock KW sound settings editing

How do edit the settings of the default ingame sounds in KW, without extracting and re-importing them?

When I integrate the modded sound XMLs, those sounds simply become completely silent -  I think it's because the game cannot find the sound files/it dones't realise that those sound files already exist in the game

You have to add a type to the sounds or it won't be able to find them, which is either Multisound if the filename ends in MS or AudioEvent if it doesn't.

For example I gave the Mantis to NOD and I made a copy of it. I had to change

<AudioEntry
				Sound="NOD_Mantis_VoiceAttackMS"
				AudioType="voiceAttack" />

into

<AudioEntry
				Sound="Multisound:NOD_Mantis_VoiceAttackMS"
				AudioType="voiceAttack" />

and so on.

You'll have to put back the W3DContainer etc. for models too. I am making a SciTE script to automate a lot of this but it doesn't work very well yet.

Sorry, I wasn't clear with the first post;

When I edited "AudioEvent" xmls... for example, making AudioEvent: "NOD_BlackDisciples_Upgrade" louder by changing the volume setting in its AudioEvent xml, the sound will become completely silent ingame

Edited by commanderKW

I don't get it... has no ever tried modding the default sound effects in KW and encountered my problem?

This should to be a simple/easy to solve issue.

Edited by commanderKW

You tried to changed existing xml file right?

if it audio event that is already in the game and you just edited it a bit, It need to be in static folder Not in global,  global is only for new files or for changing existing file's locations when it come to audios.

Edited by Egozi44