TheHostileNegotiator

Kanes Wrath InGameUISettings Schemas

Hello Modders

While not as exciting as the Skirmish AI schema, this release will allow you to make edits to the UI such as the icon colors for the factions special abilities, change UI fonts.

Made as per request of commanderKW

Extract the folder and put it into the schemas directory "...\WrathEd\Tools\Games\Kane's Wrath"

As always, let me know of any bugs and issues encountered

InGameUISettitngs_1_0.zip

image.png.1a5dbf53e78c012a253b6de5acbd8e76.png
Figure 1: Dock Icon was changed to Green instead of Blue

We already can edit most of the UI images though, (but limited to some degree like this one, so thanks xP)

Really wish we could've edit the UI itself so I could add new buttons and change the factions names with icons on the skirmish menu :/

Edited by Egozi44

39 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

We already can edit most of the UI images though, (but limited to some degree like this one, so thanks xP)

Your not really editing the images, what I have shown is how you can change the color of unit ability and special power icons for each faction.
So you could have Scrin use dark blue with a tint of red, Reaper17 with green and Traveler59 with purple icons.

I am not entirely sure what is changed with the fonts

41 minutes ago, Egozi44 said:

Really wish we could've edit the UI itself so I could add new buttons and change the factions names with icons on the skirmish menu :/

Maybe I'll work on something, not sure about adding new buttons. I believe changing the faction names is already possible using the mod.str file.

As I stated, I mainly did this on request of someone (Also I thought WrathEd already had this schema for KW).

While I never did it myself, I'm pretty sure I saw some random TW mods who did two colors to unit's ability buttons, but I may be wrong

Maybe  I'll work on something, not sure about adding new buttons. I believe changing the faction names is already possible using the mod.str file.

I meant to completely replace the name with icon or maybe add the icon next to it, sure we can probably make text based icon but in KW it most likely will be displayed as a square since it not support unicodes, 

Jana said she have some tool for UI's changes she works on.. but it not her top priority and looking on WEd 2 process so far, I assume it won't see the light till 2030 xP

Edited by Egozi44

Hey really nice to see that file to be useable now.

Do you or someone else know if we can change the text offset of "military captions" with that file. I need that for my metamod to hide the "missing:..." string in the meta command menu. Moving the text up so that it moves out of the visible screen would be great.