Sign in to follow this  
Devils Line

Sky textures not appearing in TW: A New Experience mod

Well, title pretty much says it. I don't see any sky textures when I run this mod, even though I should be seeing them.

Also, if I try add them to another map, according to this tutorial https://www.moddb.com/mods/cc3-a-new-experience/tutorials/add-sky-in-your-favorite-map they do not show up.

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong? I wanna point out that when running this New experience mod, none of the maps that came with the game show up (like rift, arena, rocktagon etc.). Only custom maps show up.

Whatever the reason may be, if you compile the map after adding the sky dome, and run compiled map with  Tacitus revolution mod, you can see sky textures. Maybe it helps someone.

Now idea why skies won't show up on your side, as long as your installation isn't broken they should show up like anything else, what game version you have? (steam? origin?), did you updated TW to the last version?

TW 1.09, retail version. My installation is not broken for sure. Proof is that they show up in Tacitus revolution mod, after compiling the map. Even then, they don't show up in New experience mod.

Edited by Devils Line

You haven't seen the public source code of my C&C3 Tacitus Revolution mod, have you? The sky textures are put as ArtGUI and can be compiled in Bibber's modified RA3 Buildstudio for the C&C3 Mod SDK, but the maps must mention a waypoint of a sky texture name in the center of the map. I did it on all skirmish/MP and SP maps. Plus, the camera angle setting I set in GameData.ini needs to be mentioned as well, so when you zoom in the map, you can see the sky texture of that map like as if it's a dome. It wasn't an easy task though.

It's not that I have not seen the public source code for your mod, or that I could not be bothered viewing it. It's that me viewing it is a waste of time, since I know pretty much nothing about PCs or modding and can only do stuff after seeing a step-by-step tutorial on how to do it. I mean, honestly, I have no clue what you even told me.

Although, I have been able to make some great maps thanks to your texture mod for C&C 3 that can be found on moddb. Thanks for that.

tw1.bmp

I've got more screenshots but can't upload them. Seems total limit is 2.51 MB.

Edited by Devils Line