Sign in to follow this  
TheHostileNegotiator

New ObjectsGDIIonHull and ObjectsNODIonHull shader files

In Kane's Wrath, when units utilise Adaptive Armor and Railgun Accelerators (swapping models or subobjects), the Model uses ObjectsAlienIonHull shader file. Because it use an Alien shader, this causes the diffuse texture to be darker and the HouseColor extremely bright and pulsating.

Therefore, I made two new shader files so the units will retain it's original look and style.

For reference a video showcasing the differences (Because its hard visualise ObjectsGDIIonHull with just images)
First part shows adaptive armor using ObjectsAlienIonHull.fx (with fixed Specular Texture), Second part shows the new ObjectsGDIIonHull.fx

What should the shaders be applied to?
ObjectsGDIIonHull.fx for Adaptive Armor
ObjectsNodIonHull.fx for RailgunAccelerator subobjects

How can I use it in my mod?
Download IonHullfxo_1_0.zip, extract the fxo files and in your mod directory, put it in ../YourMod/Misc/Shaders/Compiled.
Then any models that you want to use the new shader on, reference it in the FXShader section of the Mesh

Source:
IonHullSourcefx_1_0.zip *These files were from the mac version of TW, modified to be used in KW for IonHull shader purposes only

Edited by TheHostileNegotiator
  • Like 1

So the other shader supposed to do something with the railgun accelerator effect too or is just part of the adaptive armor effect you showed in the video?

I personally like the default look since its dark texture makes it looks as if it really enable some anti emp meansure and more visible to the eye if you see it from afar, I'm not fan of the HC changes along with it though...

Also not fan of the accelerator effect, your shader (which seem to be base on the accelerator's?) would probably look great for the accelerator over the armor (imo at least)

Edited by Egozi44

6 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

So the other shader supposed to do something with the railgun accelerator effect too or is just part of the adaptive armor effect you showed in the video?

ObjectsNODIonHull would only be used for the Railgun Accelerators as base Railguns use ObjectsNod Shaders. I assume because they wanted to add Scrolling Mask if you notice the FXShader in railgun subobject, that's why I made the shader. Should not be used for Adaptive Armor as their base shader is ObjectsGDI.

6 hours ago, Egozi44 said:

I personally like the default look since its dark texture makes it looks as if it really enable some anti emp meansure and more visible to the eye if you see it from afar, I'm not fan of the HC changes along with it though...

The AlienIonHull shader is really just the base shader with a scrolling additive texture (IonHullTexture) over the top. That is how the new shaders were designed.

Edited by TheHostileNegotiator