Sign in to follow this  
Guest DGenerateKane

Less Options than the origional Tibed???

Guest DGenerateKane

Is it just me or is Tibed 2 missing a lot of options? I mean, I go to modify the health and power (attack) of some units, and I don't see anything like that at all. WTF?

its because koen the maker of tibed has only just started like, making tibed 2. did you also notice that the current tibed 2 is 'alpha 10'?

koen, maker of tibed, is trying to sort it out. so would you be patiant and wait until alpha 11/beta 1?

Is that what he was refering to as "keys?"

well koen, put it simply, needs to find the keys to unlock the abillties of tibed, in tibed 2.

Yes, partially. The keys you can edit need to be listed in a datafile for TibEd.

Note that alpha 9 could edit health and stuff in one of the submodules... but in alpha 10 it got disabled because I did not have datafiles for them. I've got them back in, but without the keylists (the part that comes before = in INI files), you cannot use them. And I'm pretty busy at the moment... and when I get to work on TibEd, I want to work on adding units support instead of the (boring) job of collecting possible keys lists...

I really should write a little tool to extract them...

yea i say you write the programme to extract thoughs keys. sounds simple. in theary.... how long will it take to make? lol.

add unit... mmm

thinking about that, there could be a few problems arising:

if you can add a unit, say a king raptor into an airport, when in-game, the airport will have both raptor and king raptor. it will fill up the airport and there is no known slider/scroll as its not needed. it will be too full and problems will arise.

in tibed you could add units, which would just add to the list. this time, there is no lists of units. because its not like RA2, and to top it off, in tibed you cant take away units, otherwise something might go wrong... an error would occur;

so in tibed 2 can you take units away from, usa, china, super weapon general, etc.?????

because i can see this part is going to go wrong, unless you have the take away tool.

so keep in mind that it cant be like tibed 1, and has to be built around generals and not RA2.. maybe when you figure out how to take away, or erase units, you could update tibed 1?

anyone reading my ubove message, id like to apologise as i wasnt logged in. i thought i was. aparantly it keeps logging me in, and out of this forum. i only noticed it because i couldnt edit it :(

You're right about the limited number of slots for building. Basically it means that adding a unit involves cloning an existing one (that's no problem, you can have unlimited of those), and then you have to change the command buttons for the War Factory, and add your unit in an empty spot or remove an existing one to make room for your new one.

you couldnt do it in tibed 1, will this be an option in tibed 2, 'removing units'?

yea i guess you will have to as its the only sure way of doing it. maybe you could even have a pop-up that pops-up and says that you have too many units in the war factory for example.

.... darn it all to pieces.. why does it keep doing that?, i acually made sure i was logged in b4 writing the post above... darn

The preferred way to 'remove' a unit is to make it non-buildable (TechLevel=-1). Of course, if the loading of the unit itself makes the game crash... then... hmm... well... currently it is not planned for TibEd 2 anyway. I'm still struggling with adding units (nobody will probably notice I updated the build found in the "Your chance to help" thread... hehe... but it's not finished, there's a big part missing. You'll have to save the project and then reload it to get your new object/weapon to show up. Still working on that). :roll:

does that techlevel -1 acually work?, ive seen the mammoth tank mk I (one not two) have it on tiberum sun/ firestorm. i guess it works then m8. well done. sorted out that problem then., not forgetting westwood never made generals, so wont have the same basic structure as RA2 and TS? will it allow a -1 tech unit?. like you said it could make the game crash then.

Generals does not have a techlevel. But you can directly control which units can be built through 'command sets' for the war factory, barracks, etc, which control which units can be built from it. If it isn't there, then it's automatically not buildable.

ok then. it sounds like it works. so you got that covered pretty well. now if only you could after making tibed 2 make a faq thing on it or something like a walk through.. like on tibed 1 where you hover over things and it tells you what it is and that..