Nowaru

Faction-based Radar sound effects

Hello again. :D

Just a quick question, I'm wondering how plausible / possible it is to do faction based "radar on", "radar off" sound effects.

Ingame we already have Aeva_RadarRestored, Geva_RadarRestored and Neva_RadarRestored and WRadar_ona / off but I don't believe they're used.

I'd really like to implement this kind of feature into my mod as I'm planning on implementing sound effects from all 3 eras of C&C.

I've looked everywhere but I can't find anything in regards to this however. ;/

It would be nice though because I'd love to use Tiberian Sun Radar on ST and Tib Dawn Radar on GDI. (My mod forces Radar onto the command post rather than conyard, which is why I want this.)

Thanks everyone. :)

1 hour ago, Madin said:

Yeah, I know about changing the EVA as I've implemented a Marked of Kane EVA as Cabal which is pretty nice.

What I'm trying to change though is the beeps and boops heard when radar is enabled and disabled, the sounds currently ingame lead you to believe its part of the EVA.ini, but its nowhere to be seen. o.O

However I don't know where "WRadar_ona" or " WRadar_offa" is used, either which seems to be related to the same thing.

Sorry I didn't clarify beforehand. ^^'

Oh... I believe that the radar being enabled sound is a UI (or GUI) related sound. I do not think that you can have faction specific versions.

• Upvote 1

On 7/03/2019 at 1:39 AM, Madin said:

Oh... I believe that the radar being enabled sound is a UI (or GUI) related sound. I do not think that you can have faction specific versions.

Aww, damn. I've not really wanted to touch too much UI stuff yet, mainly from hearing the difficulties of others. Thanks anyway. :) 

I've got other things to work on anyway atm, I'm wanting to give Militant Rocket Squads Nod Combat Armor; I feel it was super lazy effort on EA's part changing the generic militant squad but not the Militant Rocket Squad to the classic design; I'm hoping to merge together all versions of the militants (including Tib Wars hoodie militants) into one mod. :D

Btw, EVA ini should be in
warthed\Game Files\Data\ini

iirc