Sign in to follow this  
ztz2019

How to let longrange weapon firing but still approaching to target?

Supposing a unit who has a longrange weapon, and it will approach the target to let weapon fire as usual(its VisionRange is longer than weapon range).

Now I need the unit still be approaching to the target until it can get in touch with( or contact with? Don't mind my grammar) it.

Once I tried to add a very short range dummy weapon and attempt it will run to target, but it stopped when the longrange weapon can open fire, never go further.

There's another problem which if be solved may helpful to the first issue, that's how to truely remake ZH's overlord modularization upgrade.

Now most of CC3/KW mod which try to realize Overlord sub turret upgrade function is in fact using unit's own weapon and model, by using the upgrade to show the hidden sub obj. and active the sub weapon. The ZH's overlord modularization upgrade is adding independent sub unit like spawned slave in KW such as repairing drone and invader fighter, but I always can't realize a totally same turret.

If Overlord upgrade could be realized, the first issue can be solved, too. I can using sub turret with longrange and parent unit has shortrange weapon.

I don't get the problem. But you can look at the scorpion tank (weapon/turret upgrade), mammoth tank(turret on a turret) and avatar (unit upgrades)

I may repeat my problem to let others understood.

Now the KW/TW original set is if a unit contains 2 weapons, it will just move to the longer range weapon's range and stop to fire, so the shorter range weapon is unused.

I need a kind of weapon or unit set, that when the unit contains two different range weapons, 1 for long weapon range, the other for short range, and though target is get in longrange weapon, it will still run to short one's range, so both 2 weapons could fire normally.

On 28/05/2019 at 10:14 PM, commanderKW said:

Try swapping the weapon order

Could you explain it more clearly? Is SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_1/2/3 in modelstate? And is any codes for example?

On 26/09/2019 at 3:01 PM, ztz2019 said:

Could you explain it more clearly? Is SWAPPING_TO_WEAPONSET_1/2/3 in modelstate? And is any codes for example?

'WeaponSetUpdate' in the 'Behaviors' module.

If you want the unit to continue to approach into the shorter weapons range, then place the shorter weapon in weapon slot id 1, and place the long range weapon in weapon slot id 2. If you want it to always stop when it reaches the weapon range of the long range weapon, reverse the order.

Even if you have the shorter range weapon in the weapon slot id 1 position, if the unit gets an attack order and does not have to move in order to hit its target with the long range (weapon id 2) weapon, it will not close into the short range (weapon id 1) weapon, but instead use the long range weapon to attack.

Edited by Madin

On 19/10/2019 at 9:21 PM, Madin said:

'WeaponSetUpdate' in the 'Behaviors' module.

If you want the unit to continue to approach into the shorter weapons range, then place the shorter weapon in weapon slot id 1, and place the long range weapon in weapon slot id 2. If you want it to always stop when it reaches the weapon range of the long range weapon, reverse the order.

Even if you have the shorter range weapon in the weapon slot id 1 position, if the unit gets an attack order and does not have to move in order to hit its target with the long range (weapon id 2) weapon, it will not close into the short range (weapon id 1) weapon, but instead use the long range weapon to attack.

I don't know why but still no use:(

42 minutes ago, ztz2019 said:

I don't know why but still no use:(

Show code, and or, show video that demonstrates your problems!