ztz2019

Does anyone try to change spectre or Juggernaught's firing mode?

Since spectre and Juggernaught always make themselves into dangerous place to get better shooting range, I tried to make them become immobile firebase and succeeded in meeting expectation. I just change DeployStyleAIUpdate into normal AIUpdate and add corresponding SP/Upgrade/Attr... with unpacking and packing buttons and so on.

However, I want to let this kind of unit can both be mobile siege unit just like original game when meet with sudden enemy situation and immobile firebase by manual operation.

So I returned AIUpdate to DeployStyleAIUpdate, and it went wrong no doubt.

It will unpacking to deploy status after I click the unpacking button, the unit looks also in deploy model state. But it will unpack again when it is about to fire. And also it will pack twice, one for packing button, one for the true packing function itself.

So what should I do? I want it autonomously unpacking to immediately firing as original game and manual operation to be  immobile firebase if I click button and won't unpacking or packing twice.

And I uploaded the code which can be compiled by Wrathed.

testmod.zip

My guess is that you need to have 2 weapons that are visually the same. The reason for this is that when you use the button to manually deploy your artillery, it will block the 'automatic' weapon, and also the reverse will be the same for standard artillery usage. Look into weapon swap style coding (Firehawk is example of this), to look into ways of blocking usage of one weapon while another is selected.

On 24/09/2019 at 9:33 PM, Madin said:

My guess is that you need to have 2 weapons that are visually the same. The reason for this is that when you use the button to manually deploy your artillery, it will block the 'automatic' weapon, and also the reverse will be the same for standard artillery usage. Look into weapon swap style coding (Firehawk is example of this), to look into ways of blocking usage of one weapon while another is selected.

I could just make 2 weapons which the new one is "fake deploy" that firing without deploy needed and preattackdelay=3.5s and have an "deploying" anim, so it looks likev unpacking to fire but in fact it's just normal firing like tanks without unpacking.

But I still want to realize the true 2 firing mode with real deploy function like CC2 artillery and juggernaught.

I've already done this in my mod. (Tiberium Dusk - Marked of Kane Spectre)

Simply make a new Spectre unit that it deploys into with the deployed state as its base state (I made it as a structure so its similar to TS).

You can probably just extract the code with WrathEd or read it. :P

I mainly did it though because I wanted the Spectre to deploy into alternate states, but it does the same thing that you're asking for the most part, although mine is a structure that you can repair and sell. :)