Sign in to follow this  
ßúrn

Quick Renegade Modding Question...

Hey, I know C&C Renegade has a dying community (sad), but I'm still interested in modding the games engine. I'd like to make a mod for personal experience, and I might end up sharing it with a few people anyway when I'm done. I decided to come here because this seems like the only place where the last scrap of the Renegade community lies.

OK, so here's my problem-

I'm trying a tutorial right now, but I can't even get past step 1. I'm trying the tutorial AircraftKiller made, (It's here-> http://www.cncden.com/ren_map_tutorial.shtml) And, I've followed all instructions carefully. I've also completed the Official Renegade Map Tutorial successfully. However, I've come to a dead end on this tutorial- and only on the first step!

When I open RenX, and I merge the mgcon_ext.gmax file in, I get absolutley no textures. Though, I get the model/mesh. I viewed my material editor, and it appears that I have all of the textures in there, with their names and everything- though in the texture preview (little squares on the left) it's all blank. And, just to let you know, I downloaded the buildings.zip file and all of the textures it told me to.

My question-

I've obviously set my directories up all wrong. I've tried several variations to try to get the textures to appear- but no luck. Now, can someone please clarify to me how I properly set up my directories to get the textures to work, or better yet, where they go.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for your time!

- ßúrn

Well I'm not sure if there are any Renegade modders here. I guess the best thing to do would be to ask Aircraftkiller for help with his tutorial.