Alphabear

Old Commander reporting for duty

17 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Would be a welcome respite from the Facebook C&C groups. Those are.... Rough. Lol

The more things change, the more they stay the same I've noticed. The Steam Discussion forums aren't exactly a fun place either. 

At least here still feels like home.

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2020 at 12:44 AM, Saracen said:

Room for one more? ^_^

I'm still about too. I think this remaster will see a few more old faces reappearing. Hopefully, might even see a little resurgence in the community altogether. That can't be a bad thing!

Hello again! Good to hear from you

I feel like at this rate if someone doesn't return without posting the Kane Lives scene from TS I will be disappointed. My bets on Luc3us

• Upvote 1

On 22/05/2020 at 5:16 PM, PurpleGaga27 said:

Plus  @Luk3us , @BioBen, and other kiwis/aussies I cannot recall.

Is necroposting still a thing people complain about?

It's been a few years, and apparently I'm a 'veteran member' now? I'm kind of scared to look back on my old posts here, some classic teenage cringe-content I'm sure.

Looks like my sig got eaten by whatever image server was hosting it, and my avatar got borked by however many forum software changes there have been. I think i remember the image I used to use...

Hope everyone has been keeping well, I just happened to end up here looking for tibsun stuff and remembered having an account. I only posted here for about 4 years but somehow managed to spam myself into the top 30 of all users.

• Upvote 1

Well for what it is, welcome back. 

Definitely lots of old teenager cringe posting in the archives.... Oof. I think we're all guilty of that 

• Upvote 1

On 18/07/2020 at 8:15 PM, BioBen said:

apparently I'm a 'veteran member' now?

Yeah, Sonic lowered the requirement for veteran status from 2500 posts to 1500 posts a few years ago.

• Like 1

Yeah I think we are all guilty of the hindsight cringe.

• Upvote 1

I didn't have as much teenager cringe on here since I've been an adult for most the time I've been here... lol

On 12/08/2020 at 11:33 AM, Cygnus X-1 said:

Is that what you're calling yourself, an adult? :P

I mean, I guess? I'm not really one, I just pretend to be one at work. xD

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sith_wampa said:

Can we just appreciate the ridiculously good quality and work that went into the TS fmv sequences? Like seriously....

• Like 1

Yeah there is nothing else that comes close. I know people wanted a return to the 'talking directly to the commander' style after TS, but personally they were my favourite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1