Nyerguds

Trailer of Dawn of Tomorrow released

After a decade of work, Kilkakon is finally  ready to release his massive storyline-centered total conversion mod for Tiberian Dawn, named "Dawn of Tomorrow".

It features tons of new units, structures and terrain, and a story line replacing the normal campaigns, which features a complete custom-made world map for mission selection, and animated briefing cutscenes between the missions.

The mod will release on the 30th of May.

Mod website: http://kilkakon.com/c&c
Mod Discord: https://discord.gg/dcJGAn3

• Upvote 3

Looks really good! I'll bet it's using OpenRA to make this possible, noticing other terrains used from C&C Red Alert.

• Upvote 1

Nope. This is 100% C&C95.

I mean, isn't the original sidebar a hint?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Nyerguds said:

Nope. This is 100% C&C95.

I mean, isn't the original sidebar a hint?

Well, yes. I never hear of total mod conversions like this one for C&C95. What was impossible back then somehow made it possible now.

Edited by PurpleGaga27
  • Upvote 1

I helped :angel:

• Like 1

This looks fantastic. I will have to give it a try. 

I would imagine though, after all this work, this TC would fall under one of those projects that would need a full rewrite from scratch to get working on the remastered edition? 

Shame if that's the case, because I could see it getting a massive amount of downloads from the Steam Workshop. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Saracen said:

I would imagine though, after all this work, this TC would fall under one of those projects that would need a full rewrite from scratch to get working on the remastered edition? 

Shame if that's the case, because I could see it getting a massive amount of downloads from the Steam Workshop. 

Digging the trailer's mention of the Remasters, but man, the possibilities of having the mod on the new Remasters would be wildly cool, if impractical (for the near future)

23 hours ago, Saracen said:

The changes are fairly well documented, but sadly a part of the mod-campaign relies on the mission option upgrades added by my 1.06 patch, like the custom remapping system, which the Remaster doesn't have. Not to mention, remaking all the custom graphics would be a ton of work as well.

• Upvote 1

You mean, doesn't have yet :D

Edited by Cygnus X-1
I can't spell

3 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

You mean, doesn't have yet :D

Exactly. The remaster has got Nyerguds working for at least another guaranteed 25 years! He just doesn't know it yet! 😂 

• Like 1

So I played the total-mod converted game and unfortunately the video performance is still having issues when loading videos, even on a map selection (and it hangs too). There are two missions during the game which had possible loading issues the author mentioned in the readme, so maybe that part needs to be fixed ASAP before releasing the whole thing. Even I thought about hitting the trainer or cheats section which currently don't exist under the latest version of C&C95 from Nyerguds.

Come to think of it after a long decade of developing a mod for C&C95 with limitations,  the game isn't as stable as I thought to be. But still it's a challenging game.

• Upvote 1