Kilkakon

C&C Dawn of Tomorrow 1.2 Content Update Released

The first content update for C&C Dawn of Tomorrow has been released! It includes three new missions, several fixes for existing missions, as well as a slew of bug fixes.

You can learn more and download the mod from my website, kilkakon.com/c&c

The following download mirrors are also available:
- EXE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc6iti71tuivoax/c%26cdotsetup.exe?dl=0
- Zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/znvdb4g47v16zrb/c%26cdot.zip?dl=0

New missions include:

• "Consicence" by Scionox. Play as the United States in this challenging mission as they seek to liberate a lost city and free a defecting scientist.
  • "The Hunt". A non-production mission where you have to take out a number of Tomorrow MCVs before they escape a mountain pass.
  • "Survivors", which incorporates a new terrain adapted from work by Tschokky. It's a brief glimpse into what life is like for the Company of Answers after the conclusion of the campaign.

hunt.png

cave.png

Other adjustments include:

• Cold Front and Checkmate have been made more challenging as they were easier than I had intended.
  • Nowhere has ownership of a few buildings changed around so the defences at the end of the level are powered.
  • Tear Gas APCs no longer disappear into nothingness when they're destroyed.
  • Mission Critical Structures are now labelled with a tooltip (thanks to Nyerguds).
  • The Propaganda Centre is no longer referred to as a Prison in FoT3 (thanks again to Nyerguds).
  • A few typo fixes and similar adjustments here and there.

Hope you enjoy the new content and have fun!

Edited by Kilkakon
  • Like 1

Somehow this game runs better on Windows 10 than on Windows 7 due to less video stability issues.

However there's a problem with one of the missions, particularly in the Company of Answers campaign, the one part where you have to destroy all enemy structures. The bug occurred after I destroy everybody and nothing happens. Also that mission lacked the ability to build a war factory airfield (which can automatically send in a reinforced unit every so number of seconds) despite only two rangers and two overseers.

• Upvote 1

Hi Purple,

Apologies that the mission bugged out for you. What I can do is attach this file, it'll make it that if you load your save of CoA4 and then restart the level you'll win automatically. http://kilkakon.com/kocb/scg04ea.zip Drop the file into your DoT directory and you should be good to go. It's an old version of the map (still has the helicopter problem) but as it's just going to auto-complete that should not be relevant.

Were you playing on 1.2? As in, you weren't playing on a 1.1 save? I removed the main reinforcement that was glitching out the victory condition (helicopters could spawn that if the player built over would then queue up off map and prevent more helicopters from spawning). If you did keep a save of the level I'd be interested in seeing it.

On the airstrip front, CoA aren't supposed to have vehicles after mission 3. They're an infantry/aircraft faction.

• Like 1

I am playing on the latest version, which is 1.2. And thanks for the file though.

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Very strange. I might play through the campaign again this evening to double check all is in order. Thanks for the report, and you're welcome for the file, hopefully it lets you continue without too much additional hassle. Did you wall off the bottom entrance of the map I wonder? If you did keep a save that'd be very useful.

Edited by Kilkakon

I've posted a bug fix update, 1.2a, that addresses some concerns that were raised in this or previous versions of Dawn of Tomorrow. Hopefully you weren't caught out by them! Thanks to Nyerguds for providing help with some of the more tricky ones here.

You can download the update from my website, kilkakon.com/c&c

The following download mirrors are also available:
- EXE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jc6iti71tuivoax/c%26cdotsetup.exe?dl=0
- Zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/znvdb4g47v16zrb/c%26cdot.zip?dl=0

Changes:

• Added Questionstalk move response sound.
  • Restored Technician voice lines.
  • Questionstalks can now board Chinook Transports without being evacuated.
  • [Company of Answers Mission 4] Added failsafe victory condition to prevent soft locks.
  • [Company of Answers Mission 7] Fixed a few wall corners.
  • [Conscience] Redesigned victory condition and parts of the map to prevent soft locks.
  • [Cassandra's Host Mission 1] Restored Village Well that was inadvertently replaced with a Power Plant.
  • [Cassandra's Host Mission 3] Added several money crates to assist in the final part of the mission should funds dry up.