Hi All  First post here and an admission to not having done any required reading..  Reason being i am awaiting eye ops and reading is possible but a real pain in the head after a few minutes. requiering an uber squint and ay too close for comfort eyeball near screen

My goal is to run all my CnC games on my brand mey larkbox pc..

I have installed all the games from cd/dvd

CNC First decde,  CNC3 Kanes wrath and RA3

By sharring a dvd drive on a networked laptop

A quick browse in here revealed the no-cd cracks are frowned u[on, I found this t when i went looking for them..

How should i best proceed?

Many thanks in advance for any help..  

16 hours ago, Plokite_Wolf said:

The TFD 1.03 patch and other unofficial patches for most classic titles include no-CD functionality.

The procedure is here: https://cncnz.com/features/technical-support-help-guides/fully-updating-the-first-decade/

HI and thanks,  After a few hours of copying sources and trying to fudge fixes of dubious origin with limited success, i relented and bought a $10 E-key for the Origin Ultimate collection..  I then fell down installing origin due i believe to a requirement for the 32bit dlls from some VC++ runtime so after visiting M$ and downloading all those i now have Origin installed and all bar cnc4 installed...  So i diligently deleted all the first decade sources and uninstalled DOH!!

Currently its all up in the air,,  I seem to have generals/zero-hour on ok,  Tiberian Sun is soundless,  as is Yuris Revenge,  but ra2 is just a black screen atm??  not got much furthrt than that atm,  cncnetlaunvher for skirmishes also runs soundless = no fancy sound set up its just the TV sound via the hdmi link..  

gonna have a tidy up and rebox all the old cd's  I had planned on laying back and playing cnc on the big telly this afternoon  So much for chilling ;) might start the Genrals campaign later ;) 

I may revisit First decade and follow your link   next w/end now..  

thanks again for the input.

46 minutes ago, Larkbox player said:

Currently its all up in the air,,  I seem to have generals/zero-hour on ok,  Tiberian Sun is soundless,  as is Yuris Revenge,  but ra2 is just a black screen atm??  not got much furthrt than that atm,  cncnetlaunvher for skirmishes also runs soundless = no fancy sound set up its just the TV sound via the hdmi link..  

The Ultimate Collection has a separate procedure: https://cncnz.com/features/technical-support-help-guides/fully-updating-the-ultimate-collection/

Many thanks for the help and advice...  Following your guides everything bar Ra2.. installed and played great, well the titles i want to play that is..  

Ra2 Played but NO-sound,,  ??  the setup is a basic pc with a hdmi tv display,  pc sound is generally carried over the hdmi cable ok for everything but ra2??

google-fu failed me totally i found 1 ea support post describing a similar issue with no follow up beyond the initial report ;(

after weeks of spare time tweeks to ini files dxgiag runs and head scratching i on a whim paired a b/tooth sound bar to the pc,   RA2 Played with full sound..  

I wonder how long it will take me to get hacked off with the extra 5x or 6x remote control button presses it will take to turn on b/tooth and reset the volume level when playing ra2 .. as of now its no hassle at all ;)

so all a-ok now..  

Thanks again ..