theoriginalcoleman

Yuri's Revenge Crashes to Desktop when launching

I used an old CNC TFD pack that I used back in the mid 2000s, so I know the discs worked. I'm using a Windows 10 computer now. Using the guide posted for fully updating CNCTFD I have RA2 running fine. When I go to run YR, I got a message telling me to disable Win 98 compatibility mode (which I guess the patch automatically checked). After I do this, the screen goes black to load for a few seconds, and then drops me at the desktop. I've checked Task Manager, and the game is not running somewhere in the background. Also, the online YR client works fine. I can run skirmishes that way no problem. I've played skirmishes as Allies, Soviets, and Yuri. This only happens on single-player YR. The regular RA2 also runs fine. Has anyone encountered this before?

Change the renderer in the CnCNet client until it works for the main executables. Different ones work on different PCs, so there's no single solution.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried each one now. Still no joy on the single-player Yuri's Revenge. RA2 still runs, and the client works on many of the renderer choices. Is there a log file I can copy and paste to show what's happening on launch?