Sign in to follow this  
blakmaglc

Has EA Run Out of Idea's for CnC Games?

I think the making of games and production from EA Games is basically over with. All there going two keep doing is making ra3 or something retarded like that. A newer upgraded Generals w/ maybe one or to new things. Or just something other than that. "It's over with" in my words i think they should try something new. The thought of any new games is just retarded. They just need to work on selling merchandise's now like shirts, posters, ect. Maybe even make a movie. All together i think it would take a hell of alot to make a 1 more great game. I think there just out of ideas. So will they make another one? I don't know someone tell me? " It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a ghost " :twisted: Blakmaglc :twisted

I don't think EA have run out of ideas, they know what the fans want for the next C&C game. Either a possible Tiberian universe game (Yes please) or Red Alert 3.....thats the most likely choice I think.

A Tiberian based game would be best because the release of Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge really messed with storyline.

I wouldn't be surprised if they resurrect the cancalled Renegade 2 project sometime in the future either.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. EA would be stupid to drop a money making franchise like C&C.

See now i feel that maglc you are confused some what... You should have said EA Games have run out of ideas for the C&C series becuase EA Games havent run out of ideas in general... There will always be some sport that has be made into a game or some SIM type game...

Running out of ideas for the C&C part they might have, but like you said another Generals Expansion maybe and or RA3, which both would sell very well, becuase both have a lot of fans, i think RA3 probably more then Generals...

The people that play these days are only into a game for a certain amount of time, so EA Games has to realize they have to get a new game and before it is released they have to think about a expansion...which will keep the poulation happy...

EA Games probably eventually give up on the C&C line but not in the near future... :? :?

No way has EA run out of ideas. I bet they employ a hell of a lot of people just to think up ideas for games.

And they shouldn't really add any games to the C&C series at all. It's better if it just stays as Red Alert and Tibeiran dawn or whatever. Please note Generals does not count as it is just using the great C&C name.

:idea:

No way EA has run out of ideas. I bet they employ a hell of a lot of people just to think up ideas for games.

So they have or they havent run out of ideas?! im confused... :?: :!: :?:

And they shouldn't really add any games to the C&C series at all. It's better if it just stays as Red Alert and Tibeiran dawn or whatever. Please note Generals does not count as it is just using the great C&C name.

:idea:

If C&C just consisted of Red Alert and Tiberian dawn then there really isnt that much there and they cant really go very far with that... :roll:

Bad english

No, they can finish the series and be done with it. :twisted:

Bad english

No, they can finish the series and be done with it. :twisted:

ahhhh it all makes sense now...

nice sig man... very clever... :thumbsup:

Of course it doesn't apply to me. :P :oops:

Removed... Yes its a friggin conspiracy....

EA... if they would ever make TT they would need to do what Westwood did for TS. A large pre production into what will be included, actors (good ones), and a game that would be so addictive anyone would play it. Then the post production of fixing bugs, filming cut scene, and a cool story that flows from mission to mission. If TS took what three years to make then TT better be worth the wait. If EA cuts off quality control because the release date is coming up and releases a unfinished game. Don't waste the time and money into making the game. Better yet, I won't waste my time or money when I don't buy it. Just like I did for generals... How many patches are for this game because EA needed to release it?

Don't waste the time and money into making the game. Better yet, I won't waste my time or money when I don't buy it. Just like I did for generals... How many patches are for this game because EA needed to release it?

Just because Generals has had a few patches since its released doesn't make it a bad game. Just about every new game that gets released has some type of patch available to correct bugs.

Anyway, C&C is going to be around for awhile longer.....trust me :evilgrin:

I do have to agree with Sonic on this one. I really would love for a Tiberain Universe to come out. That would be great. Not ra3 or something gay like that. :twisted: Blakmaglc :twisted: " It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a ghost

Zero Hour should have been what Generals was all about. But they also could have added in game cut scenes and other minor things that makes a RTS game. I mean come on it was a Westwood game for pete's sake. That graphic stuff must have had them all hyped up for the release. I want game play. Not a game that will be collecting dust after three months of play.

Guest AreaTi

Some parts of me wants TT then again some of me Dosent...

TT would be closure in the community... aka an ending point. If it were to still keep us hooked it would have to be jammed with huge amounts on non repetiave content...

I'd rather see another flop like RA3 or Generals II, or some spare to fair game, just too keep our dream of TT alive.

EA have run out of ideas thats the dumbest thing i have ever heard there is so much more they can do they are no where near running out of ideas.

Just as long as EA don't try and force that LOTR RTS game onto the C&C Community. Chances are they will though.

Bah if and when EA release TT I don't think that will be the end of the C&C community. It would be ashame if it was.

That LOTR RTS game looks pretty crappy to me.

I agree with a few posts- Zero Hour should have been Generals in the first part - in Zero Hour, they have you fighting against (& choosing to play as) different ''General's". - Wasn't that the proposed idea for Generals!?

Also heres an idea I have:

C&C Tib Dawn or RA1, remade with Generals graphics.

Also heres an idea I have:

C&C Tib Dawn or RA1, remade with Generals graphics.

I would like that, seeing the original C&C in the SAGE engine, but I guess anyone with the time and skills could successfully make a total conversion mod doing the same thing.

Guest Legionnaire

ok people lets think, EA would never cease the CNC franchise(at lest in the near future) because of its huge fanbase, which means $$$, which is all a big corporation like EA desires.They gobble up small companys *cough*Westwood*cough* with the #1 priority of quality, and make their once thriving franchises into big name, money makers.

Ok 'nuf with the EA bashin ;). At any rate, Id like to see TT. If not TT they should rebound from the shriveled storyline that is RA2, and make a RA1/TD storyline bash, since all true CNC fans know that the story lines go with each other ;)

sup Sonic :lol:

First lets get some right here. In the beginning EA was about quality. Now they about quantity. And I have seen franchised names disappear from a merging company. No matter how big the fan-based support was. If the company thinks that making another C&C release is not valid they won't do it. RA2 in itself was a miracle to have been completed.

Unless EA are as dumb as they look. They won't trash such a great thing going. Heck that is why EA is taking over such company that did use quality over quantity. But that's all business sense there.

Yeah, EA use to be cool. :(

I remember in the good old days back when they were known as Electronic Arts. They made lots of cool games. Like Desert Strike. That game so kicked ass... Hmm.... Thinks back to better days... *sighs* :cry:

Now they're just a bunch of money hungry vultures. Seeking out game companys to devour.... :evil:

They are out of idea's let's face it EA is just ready to crap their pants for loss of ideas. Blakmaglc

It's hard to come up with original ideas these days - look at Hollywood. Most of the money-making movies coming out this are sequels, remakes, or based on some historical event. There is only so much you can do before you start running out of ideas, and I think games are coming to the same point.

They gobble up small companys *cough*Westwood*cough* with the #1 priority of quality, and make their once thriving franchises into big name, money makers.

Haha, as if. You think Westwood's #1 priority was quality of product? Why the hell did they release Sole Survivor then? C&C Counterstrike and all the other rubbish expansions? Westwood fanboys need to realise that Westwood was just as dedicated to milking it's franchise for all that it was worth as any other gaming company.

Who cares about them milking their goods. I liked Sole Survivor (not as much as their other old games) and all their games were good.... So whats wrong with giving us what we want, i.e. more C&C games.. :P:D