Sign in to follow this  
Mavirregular

Kane's Wrath sudden desktop crash

I'm new to the forums and I'm frustrated that I can't play Kane's Wrath outside the campaign without issues. 

That being said, during gameplay in a skirmish match for example, the game will suddenly crash to the desktop without any error message or anything. I can play TW campaign and KW campaign just fine but will only crash in skirmish against the ai while playing.

What are your system specs? Which version of the game are you playing / where did you buy it? Do you use any mods?

Specs

DX: Direct X 12 (but I also have the direct x 9 required for the game since later versions don't have all the components needed for it)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X

GPU: 1070 TI

PSU: 650W Supply

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance

I'm using the disc version of both TW and KW with the 1.02+ and 1.03 patch from Command Post with no mods in use, just the base game itself.

EDIT: I've done a fresh installation of both TW and KW to start from scratch.

MORE EDIT:

Description:
Faulting application name: cnc3ep1.dat, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x49418bfa
Faulting module name: cnc3ep1.dat, version: 1.2.0.0, time stamp: 0x49418bfa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001ba66d
Faulting process id: 0x5f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a855f65b027c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\RetailExe\1.2\cnc3ep1.dat
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\RetailExe\1.2\cnc3ep1.dat
Report Id: e34ecb3c-4682-4209-872c-7be95af767d1
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

The above is a log from my event viewer. Hopefully this can help.

Edited by Mavirregular
More Info

Looks alright.

I'm told 1.02+/1.03 has a bug where the game crashes if the AI tries to build Mechapedes. Does the game crash if you play exclusively with GDI/Nod?

1 hour ago, Plok said:

Looks alright.

I'm told 1.02+/1.03 has a bug where the game crashes if the AI tries to build Mechapedes. Does the game crash if you play exclusively with GDI/Nod?

I'll be playing with all 3 factions on the same map for example and it will crash early/mid game. I've even completed matches with about 3 to 4 brutal ais and me as the spectator. Though I don't think I've encountered the mechapede bug.

I've also noticed that the AI shows improved behavior (no slingshot spam or nod harvester bug that was causing the nod ai to have a crippled economy) in comparison to it's 1.02 after updating to 1.02+/1.03. I've also did the money cheat with a billion cash to allow the AI to fight with all it's bluntness so to speak.

What kind of bugs does the AI have that caused potential game crashes?

Edited by Mavirregular