Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZ

Particle Cannon Concept.

The Particle cannon isn't just a different version of the GDI Ion Cannon. Its based on a real life concept.

A Particle Beam Weapon is a concept being developed by the U.S. It started in the 1930s. The method is to accelerate large amounts of subatomic particles or atoms (Like protons, neutrons, electrons, atoms) to near speed of light velocities and focusing those particles into a super high energy beam. (Particle accelerators) The energy is caused by the kinetic energy of the particles, with each particle moving at high speeds. The way the particle beam hits us by tranfering the enrgy into the target. The particles of the beam collide with the atoms, protons, electrons, etc. of the target and the target is rapidly heated and explodes. Also, the beam from the particles would create every type of ionizing radiation like X-rays, alpha, beta, neutrons, etc. An electromagentic pulse would also be generated by the beam knocking out all electrical items. The particles have great penetrating power and no methods of shielding or hardening or defending a target exist as they would not work. However many problems exist. When the beam is fired, it would not be a straight beam. It would be like a zig-zagging lightning bolt that moves unpredictably through the air. The beam would bend due to the earth's magentic field. Also, the charged beam would neutralize itself by hitting air molecules, creating enough ions of the opposite charge to neutralize the beam. The problems are aiming and power. A method is needed to precisely focus and target the beam. In Generals, a reflecting sattelite is used. The beam is a precise weapon supposed to hit a single target with dead on accuracy. The beam must be straight on order target accurately and must not bend or change directions. Power is needed at high amounts in a short period of time. (Power=Energy/Time) In general, lots of energy needed every moment.

An advanced technology called pulsed-power technology can be used to supply such high power needed in short bursts. There are 3 components: a primary power source, the storage of the power to build it up, and a device to regulate the beam's pulses and intensity to fire it. (Therefore the Particle cannon charge time in Generals) All this is still experimental as many problems have not yet been solved.

So Generals is completely reality based. Can anyone find a fictional, imaginary, thought up by EA, weapon in Generals? No. 8)

You're sad if you don't understand this. I'm only in 9th grade and my Science Teacher taught us that stuff. This is standard high school material. Well, I did also do a bit of outside research.

+-+-+ ummm kool... this is pretty bad ass. i wish i had a particle cannon... blow up some people....

+-+-+ but thanks for sharing, i only thought that the fuel air bomb was the most weirdest, yet real weapon in our glorious game.

LK

Fictional? The Scud Storm I guess would be realistic. The Avenger and Microwave tanks maybe. Sentry Drones like in the game maybe as well.

Yeah i read a book (yes i know that sounds hard to believe) about this project ages ago...

The SCUD storms a possibility...

The microwave tank would be too dangerous for our own troops (unless they have a way around it)...

Sentry drones would be useless thinking about it... One EMP and its all over...

+-+-+ they won't build microwave tanks as they already have "microwave guns" for hummers.

+-+-+ it's in the Time magazine issue about "non-lethal weapons". there, the Microwave hummer can 'excite' the particles in the area faced by the 'weapon' and can therefore control the temperature (faster they move, hotter it gets or visa versa) so the reason it's non lethal is because they set it to 'sizzle' not 'fry' like in ZHour.

LK

Sentry drones would be useless thinking about it... One EMP and its all over...

Sentry drones would be better than human sentries. Anyone can have a gun, but your normal terrorist would not have EMP or something that would disable electronics. It could be done...knock off the power if they operated from a central area, but imagine how effective they would be in places like Iraq where insurgents would not be able to destroy them like they have been killing off coalition troops.

but your normal terrorist would not have EMP or something that would disable electronics.

Oh i see, for fihgting terroists i suppose they would be good..

I thought you meant wars against countries...

The War on Terror? But certainly most people associate war with something such as the month of operations against Saddam Hussein, as opposed to the occupation and fighting against insurgents.

"General Leang wrote:

its easy. I have temporarily made everyone an admin so you can do this easily."

What the? What is this about?

lol, he quote the wrong word. I think he took that word from cnc-tomorrow.

What the f***, now thats what i call embarasing... How the hell did that happen...?

Curse my insomnia...

Ill go check if i put Gen. Leangs quote on CnC Tomorrow... :oops:

lol, I think t's only me and General Leang who knows abot this, so just keep quite :P

The avenger exists. It just doesn't use lasers. The real avenger is a portable AA system. Its like a howizter: you tow it around and set it down. It fires around 4 missiles and i think it has a radar to track aircraft.

little katie, do you live in New York City? Cause only the people living there like me get the New York Times Newspaper and its magazines.

Sheesh, you guys are friendly 8)

All weapons in Generals are real...istic

They are mostly designed for fighting terrorism, not a real war. A bit more in the way if firepower, and less stealthyness, also more recon for China, then a real war, we will have