Burningmace

America, China or GLA?

Which side do you prefer to play as?  

28 members have voted

1. 1.

• GLA
    • China
    • America

Hahaha, example: "I live in Auckland." "Oh really? Cool. I live in Wellington, the capital." "Wellington is the capital?" :lol: If your that dumb that is. Speaking of politicians keeping 'clean', our Prime Minister, and Hounorable Man, Helen Clark, is getting sued. I can't remember what for though. :lol: Mind you, one of her MP's had this big thing where he said that he was sick and tired of things, I won't repeat them here. Then, of course, the media went into a massive frenzy about it. Mind you, he was only expressing his opinion, and he got slandered for it. :roll: Oh well.

Getting back on topic: China! But only if it's important.

USA is my favorite. Mostly because I am a very enthusiastic turtler. Nothing like watching eleventy billion Alpha Auroras leveling every building in the enemy base in a single attack. Plus, the whole screen goes white if it is done right.

Saw a National Geographic (or something like that) about Rich guys who collect tanks then drive them around for fun.

I think I know who you're talking about. Jaque Littlefield, right? He throws the block party at his house. Those tanks are big.

USA is the best obviously but

China can be good also

-Black Lotus is very good for stealing buildings as it takes longer for the enemy units to get to her and she can go back to stealth as soon as they are close

-if u load up a bunker with 4 tank hunters its a vry gd tank defense and air defense anyway

-Long range nuke weaponry, very good for "sieging" enemy bases.

-at least china actually has an airforce unlike the GLA

-hackers vry gd for getting funds, internet centre just totally rox

But then, as the USA superweapon general seems to be able to make an impenetrable defense against all teams other than another USA, it makes them the strongest, as well as the fact that their additional funding system can be built as many times as u want. and with the impenetrable defense, trust me, you just mass emp patriots, oh look no tanks or aircraft, and then build firebases in between them garrisoned with infantry to mow down enemy infantry assaults. gets u promoted very fast 2. then theres the fact tht SW general has the aurora alphas which can take down the enemy superweapons so they cant even get u tht way

I see you're getting better at typing :P Note that it's 5 tank hunters dude, not four in a bunker. Generally turtling like that shows that you're unwilling to come out and fight tank-to-tank, but to whatever suits you..just so you know that you only prolong your own demise. I'm not challenging you here, just so you know :lol: Besides, a few well-placed Nukes/SCUD Storms or a few squadrons of Aurora Bombers can either knock out your power, rendering you defenceless, or take out your own superweapon, in which case, your main option of attacking goes down the drain. :twisted:

Oh, and China? The Nuke General rules! 'Nuff said.

Thatd be a lot of superweapons flying around. Havent actually picked a fav. General. I prefer to use a lot of air power, but then again, with out tank support, you're not gona get very far. Then there's nothing like Nuking the crap out of someone, then Scudding it right back in :twisted: :lol:

PS: Dont Panic :thumbsup:

Don't worry, I hardly panic :thumbsup: I think I can safely say that Nuking someone to the point when you completly pwn them will never get old :lol: Or comepletly wiping out that shiny tank force :twisted: That also cost him an arm and a leg.

You missed the part were I said:

Dont Panic :thumbsup:

Oh,

Dont forget your towel :wink:

Engi rush is a good way to get some $$$, also could be done with suicide units to give 'em a nasty suprise :twisted:

:lol: :lol: I won't forget. :P

I love doing that with terrorists if I'm Cuba with Allied tech. Very very very nasty indeed. Also, ya gotta love the Iron Curtain Demo Truck rush. :twisted::twisted:

If you Iron curtain a M.A.D. tank (RA) then deploy it in your enemy's base, they will hate you forever. The Iron curtain gives the MAD tank about 2-3 times as much time to charge, so thats damgeX3.

RA2-the Iron curtain wont keep out terror drones :?

Magnetrons still pick up the tank and move it

Can still be mind controled

Erm, that's not right...in my game Magnetrons can't levitate an "Invulnerable'd" vehicles, Terror Drones can't do anything, and Yuri Clones, Prime, Pyschic Towers and Masterminds and the "Dominate" ability from the Psychic Dominator can't do anything. At all. Must be something wrong with your game mate...

You sure? In the 2nd to last Soviet mission in RA2 when you have to take out Yuri, my terror drones were still affecting his Iron Curtained Rhinos.

yeah, and i've had my own iron curtained apcos mindcontrolled by an AI yuri in skirmish and thrown back at me.....Thats not nice i tell u.....they really hurt....all 9 of them got caught by those damned masterminds

Same here, I've also lifted 2 Iron curtained Dreads outa the sea with magnetrns to drop them on enemy miners :twisted:

...That's never happened to me... :? I've tried to get a few Magnetrons to lift Iron Curtained Apoc Tanks and mind control them with Masterminds, but they didn't work. Then I tried the Terror Drones, didn't work at all. The Terror Drones wouldn't work anyway, because the Iron Curtain works by...oh how was it...something about stopping the movement of molecules in steel which creates temporarily indestructable tanks. Terror Drones wouldn't be able to get into them. Magentrons wouldn't be able to lift them either, I suppose because stopping the movement of molecules would negate the magnetic effect of the Magnetron's weapon. Bah, I dunno, I used to know how it all worked. I can't explain how mind-control wouldn't work, I don't know that one. I can't really explain why it does it in your game, maybe the international version was tweaked a bit or something. :? I wonder if anyone else has the same problems you guys have?

hmm.... as far as i concerned.... nothing can touch curtained vehicle even mind control and magnetron...

i think it probably mod...i guess...

I don't think it's a mod, cause if it was, Cygnus and GeneralZ wouldn't be able to play online against me. Very strange indeed. Perhaps Fenring could help? :P

I can't mind control iron curtained tnaks or magnetron them...ah well....

I chose the GLA for this one, because they're such a challenge to play as that when you get the hang of them, you do wield the surgeons knife and you will be able to eliminate your enemies with the greatest of ease. th fact that they center their attacks more around the units they do have and not on technology tricks (USA) or vast numbers (China) is a plus in my book - they upgrade to become an elite force that should be reckoned with. Practive makes perfect see.

GLA are pretty sweet..however I still prefer China just for the fact you can eliminate foes with vast numbers. Sure it's a strain on teh ol' economy, but if you're smart you invest in Hackers as soon as you are able to, and protect them at -all- costs. And of course, practise makes perfect. That's why China is the side that I play with. :twisted:

The good ole fashioned 'Swamp Em' approach to command and conquer games is what appears to lose it credibility with a lot of the people whop play games like rome total war - hence my preference for the smart playing side - The GLA.

I'm not knocking China or USA player, they're both great sides and I'd gladly play as them any day of the week, its just the GLA do it more for me.

The thing is, not many people are looking for a decent, drawn out match. Those kinds of matches are the ones which I like best. I understand whatcha mean Lee, that's why the GLA's main strength lies in resourcefulness and down-right trickery.

Much like Yuri! :twisted:

*sneak attack opens the ground up, Masked Shah steps out*

terroristswin.jpg

I chose GLA cus we can booby-trap their buildings!!!

AYEiiiiiii!!!

*runs back into sneak attack hole*

I havent had a decent match against anyone yet,l it all seems to be stupid hacks and obnoxious tricks. If you're playing as the GLA thats fine, but playing as anyone else, its just wrong.

GLA 

Pros: 1. They have sneaky and creative ways on attacking

2. They don't need generators. No more losing power

3. They are fast they could go to places fast just in case you will raid or need troops ASAP.

Cons: 1. They maybe cheap but they are also so easy to destroy

2. They don't have counters for many tanks specially overlord

3. They maybe considered the weakest among the three teams.

USA: 

Pros: 1. They have strong turrets and army

2. The vehicle can make drones to assist them and help them.

3. Their particle canon has the fastest recharge time

Cons: 1. They need really many air supply to get decent money

2. If their generators go down it will be a hard time

3. Some US Generals don't have tanks to fight tanks and made for air attacks

China

Pros: 1. Have strong tanks

2. Have strong nuke

3. Hard to counter

Cons: 1. Tanks aren't that cheap

2. Their black lotus can't do much (my opinion)

3. Their turrets ain't that productive like USA who can shut down tanks or like GLA who with their invisible turrets

A necropost spanning 12 years. FED2K forums' record of 11 years has been broken.

Watch the post dates. This discussion is so old that nobody who posted in it is active. Topic locked.