Sign in to follow this  
aesir05

More on the next SW game from Petroglyph

Are there any screen shots yet?

Since the project was announced before Petroglyph wanted it to, expect more concrete news and screens within the next few weeks.

did you hear? Petroglyph's Star Wars RTS has appeared on the front covers of Computer Gaming World and PC Zone magazines ! Go to Petroglyph Games and see for yourself... or go to Planet CNC where there are pics of the pages from the magazines containing info on the game. You'll see that it's called Star Wars : Empire at War

The Petroglyph's game surely looks sweet. I want to see it out! But it needs to out with quality, unlike some games.

Just who would the Empire be at war with? Read the books, and a few years before Episode 4, the Empire is at war with nobody, just the usual trouble with bounty hunters and pirates.

Annoyingly, with the advent of eps 1-3 no books created before they were have no credence what so ever.

I have my doubts about this game anyway. This game could be just one of those game/movie tie in's to cash in on EP3 when it comes out. And we all know most games that come out the same time as its movie counterpart aren't that good.

Since Star Wars generates money, a game with the Star Wars logo on it will sell, especially to all the die hard fan boys. Plus Petroglyph being a new company will want a big seller for their first release.

That game looks like the Empire at war against the Rebellion. It looks good, and the team has quality, it may be a good game, I'll give it a look when it comes out. Better than Battleground it will surely be.

That game looks like the Empire at war against the Rebellion. It looks good, and the team has quality, it may be a good game, I'll give it a look when it comes out. Better than Battleground it will surely be.

Now these people are messing up the SW storyline. The Rebbelion does exist at this time, but their military power is insuficient to challenge the Empire anywhere in the galaxy.

Just who would the Empire be at war with? Read the books, and a few years before Episode 4, the Empire is at war with nobody, just the usual trouble with bounty hunters and pirates.

Many things are being worked out between Lucasarts and PG.

I doubt that Lucasarts or PG want to mess up the timeline.

The game might pick up right after EP3 and would show the actual rise of the empire with the game having an evil ending as the main one or perhaps the other ending would also be...evilish...or less so.

Annoyingly, with the advent of eps 1-3 no books created before they were have no credence what so ever.

What are you smoking?

There are books upto 5000+ years before the battle of yavin.

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/starwars/timeline.php

might help, although I had the link of a better more accurate timeline...will try to find it somewhere.

I have my doubts about this game anyway. This game could be just one of those game/movie tie in's to cash in on EP3 when it comes out. And we all know most games that come out the same time as its movie counterpart aren't that good.

Movie comes out in May, game for the movie is coming out before the movie, this game is expected 5 months after the movie at the earliest.

Could be a dvd tie in....or maybe not :P

This is a seperate game not tied into the movie.

From the time that PG announced the game, a lot of people seem to have already decided that this game will suck beyond anything that has ever been installed anywhere.

That is the kind of attitude that should be diverted towards games like C&C Generals.

Very similar to all the die hard original trilogy fans who 'know' that EP3 will be the worst movie ever.

The game has a very solid crew working on it, lucasarts -no matter how many people hate them, does good stuff to SW...ocasionally.

*goes back to BFME*

They should do new versions of the SW classics. Like Yoda stories, X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Tie Fighter. You know, the classics. Of Star Wars.

BTW Republic Commando looks good.

Only classics and no news do you want? If they are making a good game it's great for me. Where is written that this game is before episode 4? I can see in the photos some Rebels fighters attacking Empire Destroyers, so I think it is after (or I need to put glasses).

I didnt say I wanted only classics. I said I would like too see the classics I mentioned redone for XP.

Only classics and no news do you want? If they are making a good game it's great for me. Where is written that this game is before episode 4? I can see in the photos some Rebels fighters attacking Empire Destroyers, so I think it is after (or I need to put glasses).

Check out the 1up preview (link is in this thread)

Previously they mentioned that the game is set 2 years before EP4.

In the preview they do not mention and date however they do mention that the game will be set in the period between EP3 and EP4.

Sorry, I didn't saw that before. :bang:

It's strange then, I used to thought that AT-AT were developed while fighting the Rebellion.

Now I'm confused :crazyguy:

But I'll look that game anyway, the team is good, and the screenshots too.

The AT-AT walker unit was developed WAY before the Rebellion. The Rebels were the first military force ever to bring down an AT-AT in combat.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swempireatwar/

Some new info on the game as well as a estimated release date.

Availability: Fall 2005

Genre: Strategy

Platform: PC

ESRB: Rating Pending

Press Release

Marin County, Calif. – January 21, 2005 – LucasArts revealed today that it will give PC players the opportunity to control the fate of the galaxy in an all new real-time strategy (RTS) game titled Star Wars®: Empire at War™ (tentative title). Set a few years before the events of Episode IV A New Hope, the game will let players rewrite history as well as experience the aftermath of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, the creation of the Rebel Alliance, and Darth Vader’s rise to power. Star Wars: Empire at War is scheduled for a release in Fall 2005.

Using an entirely new game engine created by the Las Vegas-based developer Petroglyph, the game will feature beautifully rendered land and space battles set on memorable planets such as Hoth, Tatooine and Dagobah as well as never-before-seen environments taken directly from the Star Wars films and expanded universe novels. In the game, players can choose to join either the Rebel Alliance or the Galactic Empire, building and setting up tactical forces that can be unleashed on the enemy in real-time 3D. All of the gameplay and action within Star Wars: Empire at War is a persistent, meaning that strategic and tactical elements from previous events will have a permanent effect on the galaxy.

Read more of it http://www.lucasarts.com/press/releases/96.html

Since Star Wars generates money, a game with the Star Wars logo on it will sell, especially to all the die hard fan boys. Plus Petroglyph being a new company will want a big seller for their first release.

Hmm you may say that, but in fact that is exactly what EA are doing with c&c.

I agree, games of films usually fail tremendously, however certain SW games which don’t try to re-enact the films exactly (like the Jedi knight series) usually turn out to be extremely solid titles. Of course I can't say that this game will be any good yet, but I do believe that Petroglyph will most likely do a better job with this, than EA will do with RA3.

Lets cross our fingers and hope that EA does a stellar jod with RA3 and TT. Rember, the glass is half full....