General Leang

Allies, Soviets or Yuri?

Which is the best side?  

8 members have voted

1. 1.

• Allies
    • Soviets
    • Yuri

Because people always say how great the armies are when they say their hero is the best, I made this thread where we can talk on the strengths and weaknesses of the armies and not the individual characters.

Yuri is easily the best defensive side in the game, forget patriots or grand cannons, gattling guns are lethal againsts infantry & aircraft, & it doesnt take long to down even a kirov airship, c4 couldnt get any where near one. Then there are psychic towers, not only can you either stop you opponant or limit them in the way they attack, but you can also make a tidy profit out of it. Tank bunkers can also be a worthwhile investment when used properly, increasing the range, armour & damage of any tank stationed inside, they make apoc tanks & prisms devastating.

Plus, although limited, yuri has some very useful units, infantry become extremely limited in use with exploding heads, your enemies main battle tanks can become you own best friend & i havnt even started on magnetron+cliff+gat tank/mastermind combos. Initiates are the most powerful cheap infantry (excluding para guns) & brutes are a big pain in the ass. Virus' are also far more useful than snipers, because of the mass devestation they can cause to a base, even if they don't have an exaggerated british accent.Not to mention Yuri clones, deviating your enemies to add that extra bit to your advantage, i mean no-one wants to attack when they know that half of their men are going to shoot each other. Flying disks are also the most versitile air unit, acting like the spies of the air, an few can disable a base ready for the main assault. Plus on sea courses boomas are indispensable, with just a few being able to surround a well defended base & destroy the con yard.

Yuri also has the most evil, nasty, superweapons, conscript rushes can very shortly become a way to turn the tide of battle in yuri's favour with the genetic mutator, & the psychic dominator is an all round cruel superweapon, bombing someones base & then to add insult to injury, attacking them with their own tanks!

As short I think Yuri is a very tactically sound army to use, with a hard to crack base backed up by units with some very nasty powers & superweapons to make your enemies squirm. Plus... chaos drones :twisted:

...no question about it. They Yuri side was RIDICULOUSLY overpowered. It was fun to play, no doubt about it, but with it a novice player could easily take out a player with far more skill.

Meh I like the Soviets, though I always find my self playing as an Allied Side.

Meh Yuri evil...

The Soviets before YR, they lost too many units in the expansion.

They have the only unit that can go in it's own, the Apocalypse. And they have units like the deso and the cheap fodder, the conscript. Also, in the rush, they have the advantage.

Have you ever tried to attack a properly fortified Soviet Base? Artillery fire doesnt work, they have the only non-rocket artillery, flak just downs the rest, including all the aircraft. No vehicle on the ground can go one on one with an Apoc, escept a mastermind, and they can only hold so much. Apocs also serve as good anti-air untis. And teslas that are being charged can own any number of attacking units with a few battle bunkers for close support, and some dogs to rush viruses with. And 2 typhoons can take a boomer, if narowly. And no infantry can beat desolators, except snipes, but that whats dogs are for. And with seige choppers deployed in and around the base, no ground unit lasts long, even without Apocs taking them apart. As for assaulting, boomers are better then dreadnoughts, but Yuri has no way to defend them from arial attacks. And there is virtually no way to stop an Apoc rush unless you have hordes of harriers and blackeagles to bomb them. Grand cannons only do so much, and the prism towers slow rate of fire means 1-2 shots before they get wiped. Add the Soviet industrial plant in for cheaper units built faster, The Soviets can be the hardest to beat. However, this takes great money magement, and many people I have played arent too good at managing their money. And remember, a spy cant walk through walls, tanks, or water.

The Apocalypse Tanks are sure hard, and great fun to use, but a good defence against them is the Prism Tanks and Magnatrons. Their range is longer than most anything else, and wheres you would need many Prism Tanks to stop an Apocalypse rush, you only need the one Magnatron per Apocalypse. But then you can counteract that with the Iron Curtain if you are using superweapons. I choose not to actually, no fun in it.

Apoc tanks aren't that easy to counter, all you need is a few masterminds, 1 mastermind can safely take 3 apocs, & then shove em in the grinder or blow them up. Also magnetrons are great at taking out any tank except fortresses, all you do is drop them on a cliff.

One of my favorite tactics is to pick up a war miner/ slave miner with my magnetron & drop it on my enemies con yard, it gets blown up instantly. But chrono miners are lighter & thus you need 2 to blow up the con yard.

Besides, coming near a Yuri base with a massed force of apoctanks is suicide, im thinking psychic towers, yuri clones & mastermind are going to have a field day :lol:

1. How often does a Yuri player have time to send his capture units to a grinder durring the middle of an assault without losing his pychics?

2. deployed seige choppers will waste the masterminds. So will undeployed ones for that mater.

3. A magnet tron will bring the Apoc closer, then boom! goes the magnetron.

4. Terror drones are fast cheap, and a pain the rear end if you are going against them. Unless you have lots of prisms.

Ah, the Terror Drones. Think they were the most hated unit until the Gattling Tanks and cannons. Think I'll make a thread on the unit people hate the most.

allied...

i love soviet's massive variation and power... but unfortunately... they are too expensive... i mean the are very very expensive.. but thinking again... soviet's apoc has 200+ than battlefortress... so soviets are cool... i like the terrorists especially... soviet have a pretty bad economy...

Yuri's army is over abusive... seriously... the annoying initates are frigging pain in the 455 especially when they occupy... holy.. a nice 80 damage... seriously... they aren't suppose to be that powerful... virus is ok... i don't find the partical system perticulary useful.. but never the less.. at least a sniper.. yuri prime annoying... that's all... yuri clone is weak.. yuri is nearly all about outlasting the opponent.. defense and more defense.. with a few good offensive people... dish is pretty good if you have about 15... against an average player... brutes are nice.. but slow.. get wasted too easily by heavy defenses... virus is good... somewhat... yuri is pretty good.. as in against a computer.. otherwise he sucks... seriously... mono yuri prime gets kill by a mob.... magnetron is pretty good too... gat + magnetron= nice offensive team.. pretty weak against the towers and Grand Cannons though...

Allied i say are the best... why? because of their relatively cheap and effective GIs... they waste things very quickly.. especially in battle fortress... IFV is awesome.... great speed (tied with terror drones), variety of weaponry.. best with GGI or GI.. or you can go nuts with tesla trooper if you get the soviet barrack... terrorist IFV is pretty good.. but dangerous and not too effective unfortunately.. downside with IFV is that it does not have a lot of armour.. otherwise.. keep 10 of those in your base and waste Kirovs.. Prisms are great at attacking buildings.. weak in speed and armour.. but if you team them with mirage.. killer... Mirage is great... 200 armour sadly.. wastes infantries quickly.. same with tanks.. then the prisms just need to take care of the buildings.. Harriers not used a lot... very sad for the allies... good at weakening tank attacks.. especially demo attacks... otherwise.. don't use them.. what a waste... GGI, sidekick of GI kick 455... use america to gain a large armies...

Conclusion... Allied=best... then soviet.. then yuri.. all my opinion... not a fact.. don't accuse me like it is a fact..

allied= great price for great offense... decent defence.. low armour for the tanks..

soviet= great offense, great armour, decent defence, too costy

yuri= overpowered defense, pretty costly, average attack... very good economy.. especially if your oppenent attacks with tanks...

1. How often does a Yuri player have time to send his capture units to a grinder durring the middle of an assault without losing his pychics?

That is probably true, but the apocs aren't going to last forever, especially against a well defended Yuri base. After the assault though its big money. Sprinkle in a few cheap chaos drones & I'll have your apocs destroying each other faster than you can say thud me crunkets & dungle me crampons. Remember, apoc rushes aren't exactly uncommon, most people will anticipate one.

2. deployed seige choppers will waste the masterminds. So will undeployed ones for that mater.

I could see a deployed one managing that, but a weak machine gun can't kill a mastermind very quickly & gattling tanks are perfect for taking out choppers, they are fast & cheap so they can aviod the gun & keeping it in the air is crazy.

3. A magnet tron will bring the Apoc closer, then boom! goes the magnetron.

Not quite, the apoc can't fire while its being magnetised, all i would have to do is order my magnetron to drop it on a tree, rock etc & it will be instantly destroyed, or I could pull it next to a mastermind, which can fire much faster than an apoc & so I could take it over.

4. Terror drones are fast cheap, and a pain the rear end if you are going against them. Unless you have lots of prisms.

Two or three gattling tanks can cut swathes in terror drones, but they are really annoying if they get into a tank, because then I have to send it to the grinder, of course that means i get the money you spent on the drone :wink: . The most annyoing thing that terror drones do is get inside my chaos drones, first it doesn't make sense because chaos drones are far too small & second they are expensive & have very little health, so they die quickly.

I didnt say apoc rush, I said use apocs in a Soviet defense. A lot. Apoc rush with rinos, flak traks, drones, troops, choppers (lots) and Kirovs.

Plus a nuke and an Iron curtain (if available)

Overall, Allies have pretty good attack forces, weak on armor, decent dfense. Decent economy.

Soviets have powerful attack force, excelent armor, excelent defense (battle bunkers get the guys inside ranked, and telsa troop-powered coils are almost unbeatable. They're stronger and hav a higher rate of fire.) Soviets have decent economy.

Yuri has poor attack forces, (excelent at harassment), excellent defense, and a very good economy. Until a sniper shows up and gets elite status on killing your slaves. Or a mirage tank. Or a chrono dude, or Tanya, or aircraft, or Boris, or desolator, or.....(on and on)

Allies have pretty good navy.

Soviets have better navy.

Yuri has best navy until aircraft show up.

Not quite, the apoc can't fire while its being magnetised, all i would have to do is order my magnetron to drop it on a tree, rock etc & it will be instantly destroyed, or I could pull it next to a mastermind, which can fire much faster than an apoc & so I could take it over.

I like to put Magnetrons near a bunch of Gatling Cannons or Tanks so the unit gets wasted whilst it's being levitated :twisted:

Yeah we all know how fast artillary can move, it just means more expensive targets for the mastermind, which is much faster than any V3, not to mention that a magnetron is invaluable at killing ships. Oh look a dreadnought, lets pull it onto land :lol:

Soviets have decent economy.

heck no... their economy sucks.. seriously.. at least allieds can call their tanks back instantly when being harrassed.. and yuris has economy dealings when people decide to trade with them.. but soviets war miners sucks like h311.. so no.. soviets definitly have bad thing to have with expensive vehicles...

Yeah we all know how fast artillary can move, it just means more expensive targets for the mastermind, which is much faster than any V3, not to mention that a magnetron is invaluable at killing ships. Oh look a dreadnought, lets pull it onto land
Counter fire with artillery and V3's

yeah yeah.. stop arguing you two.. you know it is pointless to argue what you will do unless you did it.. there is no point saying that you would do what and what out side of game because you might have it during game.. say parts of your strageties.. and others comment on it.. don't say that you would do what and what.. you're not against AIs and people are definitly smarter.. i think they are....

I say the Soviet economy is decent dbecause their miners carry twice as much ore as the Allies, and the Industrial plant makes all vehicles cheaper to produce.

And the Soviets do have slow artillery, until the Seige chopper arrives. It takes a scond or two to dploy and undeploy, but int groups when deployed, magnettrons cant last long, and neither can masterminds.

True, but any decent yuri player will back up a magnetron with gattling tanks so that they can rip through any unit pulled in, & seige choppers don't exactly last long agsints them. Although a lot of them does get very annoying, constantly harrasing you with seige choppers being pumped out from 3 factories.

Then lets leave it at that. Every unit has a counter (or two). So any strategy can be countered.

except one... mass assult.. that is if you can protect your base until you wipe out your enemy... i mean about 50 tanks should do the job... any tank... ok.. let's say 100.. people got the time.... hehe

While youre mass building, youre being straffed by aircraft, pounded by artillery and naval fire, assaulted with infantry, tanks, aircraft, and terror drones *shudder* Magnettrons are lifting your tanks out to yuris and masterminds to be captured, and paratroops constantly assault your base from the sky.

See, a counter strategy. A rush (like, within 5-10 minutes) will put a stop to production. Seige of orefeilds will stop production. Airstrikes will stop production. Assaults will stop production. Artillery fire will hamper your efforts to mass produce tanks.

If half the money you spend on tanks is aloted by your enemies on deployed gaurdian GI's, then your tank rush will be for naught.

A 50-100 tank assault is a good stategy, but not against aggressive, quick players, who assault fast in the begining.

lol... true.. but i don't think air is much of an assult.. because i build IFVs most of the time.. but rushes... they are annoying... lol.. counter strageties is all over the game...

i agree.. the more strageties and counter strageties there is.. the better the game... but we don't want too much variations of the units or infantries... it's never really nice...