Sign in to follow this  
GeneralZ

Stealth Units in RA2

yeah, if u mass manage them. micro manage, no. if u have 1 boomer shoot 1 dolphin, boomer win. if u click all of them and fire on 1 target, then dolphin win

Like he said, if you put the same amount of $$$ into both fleets, then the dolphins will out number the boomers by more than 3 to 1, so they will probably somke the subs.

@ GeneralZ:

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I'll play with some other values as well.

You do know that Squad is obsolete, right? It's residual from Red Alert and does nothing in RA2.

From RA you would gain 5 random infantry units if you grabbed the crate. I know I have received like two infantry, two grenadiers, and one flame trooper the last time when I was Ukraine. I'm uncertain to some of tags in RA2/YR since their effects are unclear when in battle. I know Deezire talked about this a long time ago.

CrateRegen=3; to make the crates appear more often increase how many can appear or lower this tag. You could make it .3 if need be but if the max is at 5 only that many will be one the map at one time.

Dolphins rule all navy units. Just remember to force attack behind the real target, It will do more damage than you think.

The instant nuke wont work if you already have a silo up for the soviet side. Unlike RA where you could gain an extra shot.

Ah yes squads of random infantry. Useless for the most part, but if your in a tight spot, a real blessing.

Does anybody know of a way to make it so that if you have a nuke silo, and you capture another one, you will gat 2 nukes? That seems realistic, doesnt it?

it seems really realistic.. except i don't know how to do it.. i saw this guy who wrote up 2 nukes if you build separate silos... umm... maybe you want to ask fenring...

[Powerups]

Armor=10,ARMOR,yes,1.5

Firepower=10,FIREPOWR,yes,2.0

HealBase=10,HEALALL,yes

Money=20,MONEY,yes,2000

Reveal=10,REVEAL,yes

Speed=10,SPEED,yes,1.2

Veteran=20,VETERAN,yes,1

Unit=20,<none>,no

Invulnerability=0,ARMOR,yes,1.0

IonStorm=0,<none>,yes

Gas=0,<none>,yes,100

Tiberium=0,<none>,no

Pod=0,<none>,no

Cloak=0,CLOAK,yes

Darkness=0,SHROUDX,yes

Explosion=0,<none>,yes,500

ICBM=0,CHEMISLE,yes

Napalm=0,<none>,no,600

Squad=0,<none>,no

What do the one's in red do?

IonStorm and Pod are obsolete. Each do nothing but with some clever art editing you can make a new crate effect.

Gas spreads a gas cloud, Tiberium scatters ore (RA2/YR) or Tiberium (TS) and Napalm does nothing from the looks of things. It might spawn a flame animations that annihilates infantry... Can't remember.

I take it explosion kills the unit that takes the crate?

Oh and can someone send me the Rules.ini file? I can't download the program that extracts it.

Admin priveledges an issue?

If so, then theres really not a whole lot you can do. Except get admin priv.

If thats not your problem, then I'm just rambling, but you take that risk being in the room with all us nut cases.

And so it was that Sonic wielded the Mighty Stick of Banning to send the DemonHunter back to hell.

I wish he would JUST FOR THAT post. *sigh* Dumb asses never learn.

Unbelievable.... just unbelievable.

"OMG I nded teh n3xt r4nx0rz!!!11 lol lol lol" :roll:

Fenring, I like your thinking. Sonic! King! Someone! Help us!!

He could apply if he wanted too. Been caught "moderating" myself.

"I needed the next rank." Please, he could at least said something half useful, like , uh....well, he coulda made something up. Even about some random .ini thingy.

And I still havent seen how to code for if you have a nuke silo, and you capture another one, you get two nukes.

i dont know...i'll check the ini files. But u can lower their charge time...i remeber making chronoshifts 10 secs as a test....boy was it fun!

He could apply if he wanted too. Been caught "moderating" myself.

"I needed the next rank." Please, he could at least said something half useful, like , uh....well, he coulda made something up. Even about some random .ini thingy.

And I still havent seen how to code for if you have a nuke silo, and you capture another one, you get two nukes.

That is a huge pain in the ass. Even I haven't worked out all of the kinks with it.

Issues with the original silo. I can get new nuke shot to fire but you'll be able to have 2 missiles no matter how many silos you acquire.

Could you tell us how? Please? Even two is good, I mean how many people are gona let you capture Nukes? I would like to know how to get two nukes though, cause I got some maps where this getting two nukes is possible, with the modifications that your going to tell us how to do (hopefully)

It involves art editing as well. I'll have to dig out my old work on it... Might take some time to find.