Sign in to follow this  
strat1

Need help with Final Alert 2 for RA2

Hey guys, I just made a pretty cool map, but i got a question.

I know there is no way to set where certain players start on the map with RA2 (you can with YR), but I was thinking, is there a way to set it through triggers in Final Alert, so that the human player ALWAYS starts at a certain spawn point?

is there any mods for RA2 that enables you to start at a specific spot?

thanks.

You might be able to code a trigger that activates when the skirmish is started, but that might crash the game. You shouldnt build a map where one or two spots are good and the rest suck. There is no challenge in that.

You might be able to trigger where the AI always starts at so and so spot.

You seem so sure of your self. Try something new. Back up your stuff first, then go for it.

Where there's a will, there's a way. And I have a way."-donkey

If its a skirmish then you can't. That simple. Single player is a different story but then thats single player.... ;)

You seem so sure of your self.

I know I'm right, not meaning to be cocky, I've just had a lot of experience with FA2.

You shouldnt build a map where one or two spots are good and the rest suck. There is no challenge in that.

Quite the contrary my friend. The game has become too easy, i've beaten 7-player games with all brutals with superweapons. I'm trying to make a HARD map where i am surrounded with big disadvantages. It kind of sucks when i spawn at a point where i made it specifically easy for the brutal enemy.

with multiple spawn points though, there are small chances that i can spawn at the point i want, something like 20% on the map i just made. ****ty odds, especially when i tried 10 times just before and i didnt hit it right.

I've found that if you go up against 7 brutals on a map with 7 locations to the east, and 1 to the west, you will spawn on the west location, away from the enemy.

I don't know if this is YR exclusive, or just a random event that happens to me.

You could make a single player mission that puts you at a dissadvantage AND your AI opponent could already have a base built up. Or something.

If you want a challenge, dont play RA2, build and play maps on TS/FS brutal oppenents. Theres your challenge for you.

Just change how often the AI attacks or increase the team types of units attacking. Trust me this will get you thinking real fast.

Do you mean change it in the rules.ini? or set some map trigger?

Or you could play online. People are much more unpredictable than the AI.

However some people........

Hey guys, just thought I should share something with you all.

When creating a custom map, you are MUCH more likely to spawn at the LAST spawn point you placed on the map in Final Alert. I have to say that this only really applies to Red Alert 2 since that's the only game i've tested this on.

I thought about this when I kept spawning repeatedly at the last spawn point i placed. It was so uneven in terms of "random" spawning points, that I figured it had to be something about the placement of the spawn points. Alas, when I changed the order of the spawn points, the first two times I started up the game, I spawned exactly there: the spawn point i placed last in Final Alert.

Try it out and give me some feedback 8)

That might have something to do with what I said aswell.

Interesting. Try this: When you make a new map, instead of deleting the start points give to you, then replacing them later, try moving them to somwhere out of the way, then when you know where you want them, just move them to that spot.

BTW I havent tested this yet, I'm still working on my current map. Unfortunatley, to do this, you will have to start a new map.

I am trying to make a map with teams that are placed together and I am running into the same problem.

I have found that if everything in the play options is set the same, you go in the same place. As an example, host, top on list, playing as blue korean is put in player 2 (3) space, highest location; human player, second on list, playing as red american is put in player 0 (1) space, second highest location; computer player, #3 on list, playing as yellow russian is put in player 1 (2) space, third highest location.

If anybody finds a constant connection, please tell me.

Make a simple map 60 high and 120 wide. Now place 3 player locations to the east and 1 to the west. Fire up the game and fill up the 3 other spots with brutals. Repeat 5 times.

Notice anything?

i know this is an old toic but i have an question i want to spawn a car drive to different positions 3 or more and i want it to leave the map (without destroying it)

Guest Rabbit

You make a trigger that sends it to three points, then put an ID number off the map, and when it hits that number, make it delete itself.

hey i don't know if that is only in yuri

bet there seems to bee an trigger teleport all to

meaby you can do it with that and actualy why does it have to be without yuri :?: