Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Act Of War: Direct Action

KOTOR 2 is good. Quite an improvement over the first. Mercanaries looks interesting. I havent seen it though.

Bah I can't get MGS3 till the 17th..... Well least I get a t-shirt... Which I'll probably never wear but yeah. ;)

Just one question... How can you hold off the Playstation's signature franchise? :?

Mercinaries is a good game, but not good enough to put it in your A-list of games! Promote MGS3 to your number 1 spot, you'll be glad you did :wink:

mercs is on x-box as well u know

The latest issue of PC Zone came in through the post today with an UK exclusive review of act of war. They gave 84%.

It also reveals some C&C units like a stealth tank and wolfverine like mech units.

That's PC Zone though. The real score to look out for will be PC Gamer UK and websites such as IGN & Gamespot, they've got good strategy reviewers. PC Zone never gave a C&C an honest score. The other 3 did :wink:

i played more mercs 2day yippe its really spiggin awesome i want it so bad but i cant afford it :( :cry: but hopefully i will be able 2 pick up kotor 2 2moz yay :D

Bought a DivX certified DVD player yesterday, so didn't buy a game... but who cares when you can play DivX PC movies on your TV... no more DVDs :P

wot cheats there aint no cheats 4 kotor and ive completed it more times than ive had hot dinners

there are cheats. it involves opening the game properties and editing the target line, then bringing down the console and typing stuff in

go to gamespy or ign.com, they have cheats for it

wait, its not doing that, its opening a files, and changing 1 line EnableCheats=0 to EnableCheats=1

ah on the pc i got it on x-box

PC Zone gave RA a 90 +% for RA and for Tiberian Sun 90% and RA2 was reviewed in the higher 80's aswell. The reason why hey werent rated higher as they compare the games to other in the genre which was TA and AOE2 in the past and the Total War Series now.

C&C is still better in my opinion. Not that it matters much. As long as EA keeps pumpin em out, and they're good too, then I'm happy. :D

I'm giving C&C one more go.... RA3 will be the maker or breaker on whether or not I leave the franchise alone. If it's all too similar to Generals and a blatent copycat to other CTS games then I'm not gonna buy any more C&C games. It seems pointless when there will be so much more variety out there.

Not much longer until we see a release!! I just hope that this game isn't so good that I'll slap RA3 in the face.

Afterall an expansion pack and Act of War 2 is already confirmed, so I'm just joining their community to get aquainted... Aparently this game is easy to mod, so a C&C crossover might be on the cards for a small community merger :wink:

Not much longer until we see a release!! I just hope that this game isn't so good that I'll slap RA3 in the face.

Afterall an expansion pack and Act of War 2 is already confirmed, so I'm just joining their community to get aquainted... Aparently this game is easy to mod, so a C&C crossover might be on the cards for a small community merger :wink:

Then I'll join the fun. :D

RA3 will get slaped real bad because the sage engene is getting old new tecnoligy is out there that is why i push saying that RA3 needs a new engene to keep on top generals was a bit shotty eh!

i say good on act of war, i hope it does slap RA3 even though i love CnC give EA a big challange

To be true this game does kick the ass of Generals... I was playing it for almost 13 hours the other day... No RTS has done that for me since Tiberian Sun!

Ahhh TS. The godd old days. I've been playing Rise of Nations at a friend's the other day. Preety cool. Could use some work, but I'm going to get it. An Act of War sounds pretty good too.

Rise of nations single player game is cool cos it's just a standard game of Risk, except you actually fight the battles and not watch terribly animated characters do a quick 5 second battle.

OK the game itself is just Age of Empires that adds in all the ages up to modern day technology, but its still cool.

OK I lie, it's so much better than Age of Empires!

Only thing that I'd say is that the Act Of War campaign is short, but don't let that put you off, it's better than Generals in terms of polish and the budget attached to it.

The multiplayer and Skirmish modes are both good, and provide more of challenge than the AI of Generals and many other recent RTS games. But as I said before there is an expansion in the works and a sequal has been confirmed...

But if you do like Act Of War, be sure to get Dale Browns book, which is exactly the same story as this but in more detail. The reasons for the book is to fill in the gaps that the game and the expansion do not fill in.

Act of War is pretty fun. I wouldn't say that the missions are short by a long shot. They make take less effort than most recent games, but they are seperate objectives and they flow together really well. I very much enjoy that fact alone. It keeps you involved in what's going on in the game.

I also really like the cutscenes and I hope it shows companies like EA that live action cutescenes are still viable. Not everything has to be done in engine and feel so impersonal.

I almost wish this game's opening sequence ended with a "Welcome Back, Commander"...

You never know....

Maybe EA will get smarter, or dumber.

i read a review of this this morning and apparently its not all its cracked up to be and was given a 6/10