Sign in to follow this  
CNCKid

IonCannon-like weapon

Ok, you must first understand, I am insane when it comes to weapons and their strength. So, now that you know I'll tell you what I want to do. I wan't to make a weapon, that fires an IonCannon beam at its target. I am having a few problems though. First, I can tell that the IonCannon warhead is there, but I dont see a beam. Second, when it fires, it shows a off-color thing which I can only guess to be an IonCannon beacon. Can somebody help me with this matter. I really want an IonCannon beam! Thanks. :D

Because of my craving for powerful things but hate of the time for superweapons to charge, as a firing weapon! :crazyguy:

This is simple to do but you need Tiberian Sun. You'll have to copy the ion beam to PCX using the TS animation palette. You'll need to change the background color to the proper color, then you must apply the RA2 animation palette.

The rest is simple. Simply put the converted animation into an ECACHE mix file and you'll be good to go provided you didn't change the name of the file.

Ok, but I have a few problems. First of all, I got the ion cannon to work. However, the imgae of the beam is really ugly because I used the OS Shp Builder color replacement function to replace the colors so the beam would look good. Second of all, when I fire it, it doesn't hit the target, it hits the place where the unit which is firing is. What I want is an Ion Cannon attack, which a unit can start and then the attack will continue for a period of time even after the unit which fired has left. So, the Ion Cannon moves around and destroys stuff and the unit doesn't have to stay there. Can you tell me how to do that in simpleton terms? I had no idea what you meant before. Thanks!

I was telling you how to clear up the color problems which is easy if you do what I said.

You're not going to get that weapon effect. It can't be done. Once the unit moves, the attacking stops.

i know... make the image for the warhead... so when it "hits" the unit.. the beam appears.. just an idea...

actully, a mod (can`t remember which) had what you are looking for so it is possible.

The beam is doable as well as the rapid fire beam shots. Once the unit exits the attack mission, it will cease to fire beams.