Sign in to follow this  
Thorak

Zero Hour China Mission 3

How to beat the 3rd mission with China in Zero Hour in hard mode.

The goal is to destroy the columns before the opinion rating drops to zero.

This is a most frustrating mission because of the time stress and constant attacks from GLA with scud missiles and buggys.

P.S.

Does anyone have any tips for defenses against the groundforces in GLA mission 5 hard mode? They keep cleaning out my defending forces at the 'entrances to my base.

As far as I know, it's not hard to finish that mission even when you're using the Hard mode. Use the combination of Nuke Cannon, Helix with bunch of tank hunters inside it, some battlemasters. And most importantly, use rush tactic, forget about building base defense, in this mission, your only defense is offense. If you're too slow, you will loss

You will loss? Lol. Anyways I suggest doing what he said. Just rush everything, don't worry about your base, they usually don't attack anyways. Remember that time is ticking.

As far as I know, it's not hard to finish that mission even when you're using the Hard mode. Use the combination of Nuke Cannon, Helix with bunch of tank hunters inside it, some battlemasters. And most importantly, use rush tactic, forget about building base defense, in this mission, your only defense is offense. If you're too slow, you will loss

Yes that would work IF you could build an airfield or even the nuke cannon.

In this mission you can only build the battlemaster who will get slaughtered by scuds within no-time (they are to slow) and other basic first mission units. You have no cash to start with so I only managed to destroy around two statues and then my rush force was gone (10 BM's 5 gattling, 4 of those AO's and 2 flame tanks). After that they came with around 3 scuds some scorpions and a load of buggys. So it was by by china..

Ohh, I forgot, it's been more than 6 months since the last time I played the ZH campaign. Just use the full capability of China's armory, especially the tank. The battlemaster isn't slow, it's pretty fast to build and have a quite good locomotor. Use tank hunter to guard your base from the enemy attack by garrisonning them to the nearby civilian buildings or inside the bunker. There are lots of building in that mission that you can use for your own benefit. To kill the enemy infantries, simply use the red guard, use hide and attack tactic for the red guard to kill the enemy infantries.