Sign in to follow this  
sorce

scorpion tanks

Question is: Can you afford it? It's not really the Tanks, it's their Scorpian Rockets. Avengers and Paladins for the USA are the best ways of preventing those missles from coming into contact with your defensive force, while the Paladins, Crusaders, and Missle Defenders wear away at the aforementioned Tanks plus the Quad Cannons.

For China it's a bit different, ECM Tanks truely shine here, and what's more, they can disable the Quad Cannons while your Tank Hunters do the Scorpian Tanks in.

Large numbers isn't -always- the answer you know. :wink:

What's more, you don't even have to use ground forces. For the USA, Commanches with the Rocket Pods upgrade will decimate both Quad Cannons and Scorpian Tanks. For the Chinese, Helixes upgraded with Battle Bunkers and filled with Tank Hunters will rip everything to shreads in seconds.

However, as this has all been mentioned before, this topic is probably considered a dud. :roll:

Indeed. However large numbers can be of help, with a few exceptions, which are as follows:

You are attacking a chokepoint. Forget it. They will mow you down until they are elite and heroic (ranked) then they will mow you down even more.

A pair of avengers will not let anythign get by them. Even hordes of stingers. It just doest happen when Avengers are around. And their targeting lasers give their allies a huge advantage in ROF.

If they have bombtrucks and such, larger numbers will only get more of your own killed.

SW. Ouch. nuff said.

If you're paper, ambush them with rock. But then counter with your scissors, but hope they ain't got a rock of their own...

I don't think terrain affected ZH as much as it did YR...:hmm: I may be wrong.

well a bit. i notice that untis still travle in single file if ya dont micromanage

If there are only scorpions then it is extremely easy when playing USA or China. Use Aircraft.
Yeah, bomb the Shiitake out of 'em!

AS GLA commander stupid enough to not have some sort of support units for their tanks deserves to have them blown apart. Example

You use your 'rock' so the enemy brings his 'paper' into play, so you make sure you have some 'scissors' support

Not only htat, but a squad of quad cannons can easiloy destroy their worth in enemy armor.

with the exception of Overlords, at least not very fast.

$700 for a quad cannon=best deal in the whole game.

And yet I still think people underestimate the Rocket Buggy and its offensive capability. They are one iof the ideal ambush units and I've seen so many people negate them for quad cannons and scorpions.

I used to never use rocket buggies

then on GLA ZH missions, i was like, may as well

WOW

amazing at killing everything. long range, heavy firepower, good against infantry, devastating against armor, pretty good reload rate, especially with buggy amo upgrade and armor piercing rockets

Rocket Buggys are by far the long range support weapon of choice for me, even against single avengers and paladin columns.

load you combat chinook with MDs should do the trick...

love to see 'em spread out the missiles...

We've gone over the Rock Paper Scissors before. Each side is capabale of countering and counter attacking a counter. Its the way the logistics of the game work.

Effective is the SCUD and Rocket Buggy for physically removing targets from afar and as support... Kill thy infidel! :twisted:

Scuds arent as efective as people make them out to be

unless of course, you are using hte Scud storm :twisted::twisted:

personally, i dont get hte Scud launcher most of the time, rosket buggies will suffice. Faster too :D only prob is rocket buggies are the only GLA unit now (besides bikes and radar vans) that cant get upgraded.

I've got a soft spot for scuds because of how powerful they actually are if used properly in a suppression fire manner. Their toxic missiles are the perfect anti infantry weapon IMO.

i compared 2 types of SCUD launcher..Thrax's version & Demo's version...

me & my fren experimenting it by force attack on each other..he using Demo, while mine was Thrax..

We attack at the same time (and of course got hit at the same time..)

Thrax's version was blown up upon contact with the missile, while Demo version was badly damage..

wow..it still can move & even got promoted..unless he left it in toxin residue, for sure it will blown up too..

its proof Demo version is powerful...but i still love toxin...the residue still can damage unit too..

I laugh at SCUD's while playing with Laser general. Their missiles are stopped by the avengers and the tanks clean up.

Although against the Chinese 2 or 3 SCUD's wreak havoc.

Demo Scud Storm = most powerful SW in game (aside from Deathstrikes which combines Anthrax Gamma and Demo scuds).

When battling against the GLA scuds as China, I think the idea should be to have some inferno cannons present or an air support column. That way you can strike the most harmful targets while continuing your advance.

NB - Black Napalm is a MUST.