1. 1.

• Soviet
    • Allies
    • Cool Red Ants
    • Too hard to Decide

who ever used dogs besides AI

im talking lan games against mates...

pfft you could be a computer whether it be soviet or allie!? :roll:

WAS everything the same, like same buildings and maps and everything or were the slight variations?!?

PC vs PS???

has anyone tried both??

Guest LitBolt

In terms of power, they are about equal - it's all about your playing style and tactics.

I, myself, am a defense freak, so I go with the Soviets. Teslas, cannons, dogs... whatever else is just lying around... heh. Their units are strong, but you're likely to have less of them, depending on the situation, which proves a problem for me sometimes because I'm a swarming-type person, but I can get over it. Heh.

I'll use the Allies sometimes, but not often. There, I said it. Post's over. :P

hjeheheh riiight...

i dont think it is possible to not be a defense ferak... i mean you need defenses....

and swarming is natural so pfft i dunno i say

long live the queen...
:shock: :shock:

Guest LitBolt

Well, I'm more used to StarCraft where you can't really have both at once. ;)

You haven't played it?

Go down the shop you cheap one and buy it. It is real cheap now. So I'm sure even you can afford it. ;)

i have no desire to play it either...

would would rather go and buiy WC3 - but instead i will wait and ge tit off a friend... :roll: :arrow:

Starcraft is an incredibly awesome game. Still good for 8-player LAN games even today.

Guest Cncruler

!!!soviets all the way!!! only if u know what u were doing. I did.

Never played the game so i wouldn't really know . ALthough i think it's to laggy of a game and not enough players left in it. ALthough if i as just going to take a stab at it i would go with allies. :twisted: Blakmaglc

Guest Bang Bang Chitty Fo
WAS everything the same, like same buildings and maps and everything or were the slight variations?!?

PC vs PS???

has anyone tried both??

i have played and own both and there is no real difference. the controls are actualy easyer then you may think and the gameplay is still there!

Yeah I think Retaliation. Was just all the RA expansions rolled into one... Which was a smart idea.

take 35 mammies and that allied players base is gone.

i mean 4 turrets shooting at one mammie hardly scratch it

Guest Dude Man

*reply to top of topic, just incase of topic changes*

Mammoth Tanks! Pride of the Soviets! Soviets are much better then the allies, but in RA2 i say there both the same. The Iron Curtain is a lot better then the Coronashpere. But in RA2 other way around *but we aren't talking about RA2, are we!?) I say the allies beat the soviets in navel, but that's it. The Subs suck and the cruisers are better then the Missle Subs, but not by far. The Soviets worst turret (the Flame Tower) is better then the Allies best turret (the uhhh....turret) The pill boxes are only good on troops but so are the Flame Towers and they can also damage to tanks. The Turrets suck on troops but the Tesla Coils are good against both. So I say Soviets are better and it makes NO sence that the Allies win against them! But hey, it's better if the good guys win!

Guest RA2 Addict

i love ra1..too bad it wont run on windows xp :cry:

u know sometimes instead of playing all the futureistic games with enhanced graphics and stuff like that u just wanna play the old games...i feel like that a lot nowadays...

*cough* back to the topic though i personally think allies are better. I mean, they got those sweet cruiser that do so much damage, and they can sink submarines too(if u know how to use em properly hehe) yup just force fire on the place the submarine is on...too bad the soviets got the MiGs those are ownage in groups of 12+ lol...once, my whole base got destroyed andall i had left were 2 cruisers and 8 destroyers i destroyed my enemy's whole base and won lol

the allied naval units are THE BEST

and as for the ground units, the soviet tanks rule at that point, they have better equiped tanks,

but they're really expensive, so if the soviets build one heavy tank, the allies can build a medium and a light tank, so that evens

and a flight of longbow helicopters can cause some damage too

Yes those cruisers can wipe out a base in seconds....

What i thougt was unfair is the normal Sov. Sub was no matc for the destroyer..

You needed at least 3 to take out one...

ya but in turn their hard to find

so you can sneak up on a destroyer when he least suspects it and attack

and if you're badly damaged you can retreat without being noticed

Oh my god how in the hell can you say the Allies were better? Are you insane? (well, we know the answer to that now don't we.... :twisted: )

I mean come on the allies for example had the most STUPID base defences were thought of. Look at me I have a pop gun, see how it goes pop? And those useless pillboxs were so very very lame. In a very very lame way. :twisted:

Soviets have the best of everything. They have the mammoth tank I mean that betters those stupid little piffy small tanks. They have the V3, which actually had a firing range, as opposed to those idiot artially bits. And the Soviets had the MIGs. Lot better than those crappy little helicopters the allies had.

Soviets had the Iron current, allies get the useless chronosphere. Look at me I got a single tank into your base. Look out!!!

That game was the most unbalanced game in the history of games.

Please note that the allies Navy doesn't count of anything, as most of the games didn't have much ocean... ;)

Oh yeah the ants kicked a whole lot of ass!

And there we go, that my 2 cents. :twisted::P Srry for the sloopy english, but after a english exam, I just don't care anymore. :P

See? Soviet Ruled! Nuff said. 8)

u know sometimes instead of playing all the futureistic games with enhanced graphics and stuff like that u just wanna play the old games...i feel like that a lot nowadays...

l

ME too! It makes me feel like I'm back in the good old days before there was war to worry about and how things rocked in the 90s! Too bad it'll never be the same way again. :cry:

(Off topic? Yes I know) :)