Sign in to follow this  
BWare

'Splain Your Name

The different names used here interest me... please explain where you got them!

Mine is very simple. My first name begins with B, and my last name is Ware. My middle initial is even E, so it works out very nicely :)

It was my nickname when I played football.... so what about everyone else?

Im War-Addict because of my interest in military computer games and military hardware, ironically though I only believe in War as a last option... :lol:

I did this back in September 2004... but always good for an update...

http://forums.cncnz.com/viewtopic.php?t=1761

Mine's there since I can't be bothered to go into detail and write yet another essay on how I got my name... but I can cut and paste it just in case you can't be bothered to click the link and read people's previous entries :wink:

After I discovered TSNNZ I was searching for other sites, and this IRC chatroom was a big centre off a site called either CnC- Corner, CnC-Barracks or even the well known CnC-Central... anyway people were in there and needed somebody to help them with Tiberian Sun... oh lucky me! I came in with my old Area101 ID that I used on the TSNNZ forums, how that name was gonna change fast..

Anyway I and spent 3 hours in that room helping out over 20 or so people just on Tiberian Sun... after it had all ended people were amazed at the fact that I knew all the Tiberian Sun missions inside out from beginning to end on both GDI and Nod...

Then one of them decides to give me a test on my C&C knowledge, thinking that I was just a so-called n00b know-it-all who knew nothign but Tiberian Sun... So he asks me to list the elements and gasses of Tiberium and there percentages... I being absolutely eating sleeping and brething C&C at the time told him the correct elements, gasses, and their percentages.

Other questions came up, like on Red Alert what is mission 8 of Allies, Mission 5 on soviets, and in Tiberian Dawn what is Mission 10 on GDI, Mission 3 on Nod. And once again I instantly started typing down what the missions were about and even what countries they took place in.. Ask me to do that now, and I couldn't tell ya... that's how addicted I was to C&C at the age of 16...

The questions kept coming and I'd tell them correctly instantly. All this stunned the chat users and I was given the title "C&C King" through being a walking talking C&C encyclopaedia which was more accurate and had more information than the version on C&C Planet right now.

Some people think this name is my big EGO speaking, and that's generally why I don't have as much respect as many of the other community staff, as my name gives me a common misconception. Unless it's Renegade, I'm totally crap at C&C games online.... Single player that's a different story. But I hate getting e-mails with people saying that they can take my title... so I tell them this story and then I say,

Go on then, you tell us right now without searching on the net for every element, gas and their percentages in Tiberium, tell me these 19 other questions I've got lined up for you by just recalling from your own memory instantly. Then you can have my title!

They can't do it, it shuts them up and I get massive respect for telling them this explanation of how I got my name. :P

So there... as I wrote it back in September :D

I got mine by spelling artificial wrong when I first signed on renegade online. I thought it sounded cool and kept it.

And just as I posted in that same thread C&C King mentioned, my name comes from my favorite NBA team, the Seattle SuperSonics. Nothing to do with that small blue video game character.

Hehe, I got my name in a bit of a different way: actually playing over a LAN, however, not only was it Yuri's Revenge, it was also Battlefield 1942. Battlefield was by far the cooler account: I was playing as the Allies, and my mate Ryan was a tank hunter guy thingy on the Axis side. Not knowing that he was the tank hunter guy thingy, I grabbed a Sherman, and headed right for him, as he was racing for the control point. The right tank track went over a bump, and that launched the tank onto it's left track, and HOLY ****ING ****! A rocket flew under the tank track a split second later. Not wanting to move because seeing a tank do that was waay ****ing cool, gravity eventually pulled it back down, when I see another ****ing missle headed in my general direction, missing my Sherman by another split second. To this day I have no idea how I pulled that off. Then I made Tank Hunter Ryan pancakes under the tank tracks....mwahahaha. Then he, being the d*** he is, yells so everybody in the net cafe can hear: "Brendon, you ****ing aceing mother ****! **** you and your acerzing ****!" *slaps forehead*

Oh, and the 492? Just a random bunch of numbers. Picked randomly. Y'know.

I got mine because i like to look snappy when ever i go out, ya know, dress for the occasssion, even itf its just to the local. And along with O' Brother Where Art Thou; 'I dont care Fopp, I'm A DapperDan Man', it sort of just stuck.

mine was picked at random when i was choosing a name for my character on ffxi and it came up with that so i thought i'd use it elsewhere as well

As I'm sure I said in that thread, I'm the uber assassin and friend of Emperor Shaddam IV from the Dune series. The last name sounded better than Hasimir so I took it instead.

Mine is nothing special, its my real name, though I got an online nick name called Thez

As I'm sure I said in that thread, I'm the uber assassin and friend of Emperor Shaddam IV from the Dune series. The last name sounded better than Hasimir so I took it instead.

ah yes... Count Hasimir Fenring. I know him well :)

i got mine from yuri's revenge online, i wanted just "FOX" but it was taken so i kept on adding numbers on until the dam thing would accept it and then ended up FOX34343.

Mine wasnt already taken, and its the first song by RUSH that I fully learned the base part for and am able to play it perfectly (or as close as can be) because of that it was my nickname back in grade school (6-14yrs)

As I posted before,

My name isn't anything really super-fancy. I was pretty tall for my size when I was about 10. and people just started calling me "tree" cause I was tall. It just stuck.

LOL, "Sorce" was a really bad- ass character i had in recurring past dreams a few years ago which i dont wanna explain.

Welcome to the mental club. :crazy:

My name is also a constellation: Cygnus the Swan

And: A black hole

And: A Medditerranean god-Cygnus, God of Hemispheres, Bringer of Balance

I got mine from Heavy Gear 2. The all mighty Dark Kodiak!!!! I have NEVER lost a game on that VT. (Black Mamba is another story :( )

Other names:

Avenger_999 - It all started when I was born...... then yatta yatta yatta, I got RA2. Eventually I got into the internet thing. So...when I was playing RA2 online, my partners or "woogies" as I like to call 'em, kept getting maimed, so I had to rescue them and most of the time I was too late... :crying: So I built up these HUGE armys made of every single unit on RA2, and I just swarmed in on them. It was crazy! :P Unfortunately, my computer couldn't take the graphics and it shut down just as I was sending in my last Howitzer (yes, I got it to work !:dance: yay!)Theres a lot more to this story. A LOT more and Im tired from hearing people talk about EVERY LITTLE STUPID things at school :evil: GOD! :evil::evil::evil: So maybe next time :wink:

mine is my name (slightly obvious)

though the interesting part is when you mess about with translations...

"mina" in japanese means "all" or "everyone"

and "synd" when said aloud is pronounced "sinned"

now tell me having a name like "everyone sinned" isn't slightly warped? lol

[other random facts here being that there is a Mina Harker in Bram Stoker's Dracula, in the book she has blonde hair (like me naturally) but in the league of extraordinary gentlemen she has red hair o.O

another fact being that my old favourite game when picking an AOL screenname years ago was syndicate wars, so chosen because it had robots in, had my name in it and was the only name i could think of that was free for picking]

My name is the same as that of my cat, Leona. Although there is a slightly funny story behind her name.

Origionally we assumed she was a male cat, so we decided to call her Leo, but when we got the details & discovered that Leo was female we had to think of a name that wasn't too deviant from the origional. I then came up with Leona.

damn I really wanna play Generals...

Well my name comes from C&C. As you know you play as some random General, I play as a General without a name, so it's simply The General...

Although if it had been taken I'd have used Typd666,which is my online ra2 name. Typd came from me misspelling 'Corpse' in Russian(Typn, I also thought it was Reaper at the time) and 666, well, I worship the Devil. Makes sense huh;)

Demonolith - Playinf FFX, I always got, my *** handed to me by these mostrosities ( untill i got the ultima weapon, sephiroths -?- sword, and the World Champ ball :twisted: )

Trainer - I train clan members in Generals and ZH. Im quite good at this actually :D