Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

Which C&C game has the best overall music?

Feel free to leave your comments in this thread about the current poll on the main page of CNCNZ.com - Which C&C game has the best overall music?.

hmm... now that is hard to say. I would have to say Tiberian Sun. I just love that game's sound... a close second is the original C&C. It's music is just classic. Red Alert 2 is awesome as well, but I think stands just behind C&C. RA1 is right behind RA2. Generals comes in dead last... now don't get me wrong- Bill Brown's stuff is awesome, but he just can't touch Klepacki :wink:

Klepacki's first C&C soundtrack smashes anything else in the series. Red Alert was a great aspiringsoundtrack too, but just didn't have the range of musical styles like Tiberian Dawn.

Generals.. is a no no. The music was below par, and pretty boring in comparison.

I'm dying to buy star wars now, the land and space battles coupled with Klepacki's sheer genious of composition will definately make the game a sure fire classic that will do the franchise justice.

Its hard to say. I'd have to say Tiberian Dawn / Renegade is the best, they are the originals and are hard to beat. Tiberian Sun pulls a close 2nd place for me.

I'm dying to buy star wars now, the land and space battles coupled with Klepacki's sheer genious of composition will definately make the game a sure fire classic that will do the franchise justice.

Seriously!! Isn't that just an incredible match?? I'm salivating just thinking about it....

i'm getting the SW episode 3 soundtrack..it just came out here

Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun. RA has a brighter tone and feel to it but adds to deeply to the playing experience especially when it's maxed out on your volume control. I love the feel it conveys; it's bliss in a can so to speak.

Tiberian Sun is equally amazing. The techno beats are perfect for the atmosphere the game conveys. The tracks are somewhat dark and desolate like the game itself is.

Red Alert 1 and Tiberian Sun. RA has a brighter tone and feel to it but adds to deeply to the playing experience especially when it's maxed out on your volume control. I love the feel it conveys; it's bliss in a can so to speak.
More like bliss in a disk. Ok that was just really pathetic on my part :? But yeah RA1's music had many tranquil tracks like Fogger. The fogger Remix is even more relaxing but I forgot where I DLed it. Stupid me :roll:

I think TS was best.

Though I only liked the Nod music. Like Nod Crush. Also the few in FS were cool. Specially that core of the sytem one.. I think thats what it was called... Can't remember... :?:

Though I liked how in Generals when you went into battle the music changed tempo and beat and all that... Even though they're been doing that in games for years now. It's still something I suppose. :D

Though I liked how in Generals when you went into battle the music changed tempo and beat and all that... Even though they're been doing that in games for years now. It's still something I suppose. :D

They had that in Dune II, and it was hilarious since the music would change no matter what attacked your forces... seeing a long infantry attacking my base only to die in a second with intense music was just funny =)

I would say original C&C had best music.

Generals have pretty cool musics, but only for US. China's and GLA's just doesn't sound all that C&Cish =P

TD has the most variety, RA1 was the best individual songs, and TS fit the game the best. Didnt like RA2 as much, and dont like Generals at all

I like turning the music off, cause it makes it sound cooler actually listening to the shooting and stuff.

I like the music durring gameplay, but when the action starts up, I tend to not listen to the music anyway, it just sort of happens

i like the music on the first c&c but i love hell march from ra so i could not decide.. make a super game with all the teams and all the songs! :D

i like the music on the first c&c but i love hell march from ra so i could not decide.. make a super game with all the teams and all the songs! :D

erhem, my idea.

EA should've done that for C&C 10th anniversary. But they didnt :cry:

For me,

1. C&C

2. RA

3. TS

4. RA2

5. Generals

RA2 doesn't really have any specific tracks to be remembered for me, apart from hell march 2, however the original is a lot better. The music for generals wasn’t bad, though it just didn’t fit in with the C&C style, much like the game didn’t. Whoever the hell did the music for it is nothing compared to Frank.

Right, I'm sure I logged in.... :oops:

Edit: Oh, and I'd put renegade in between TS and RA2.

TD has the most variety, RA1 was the best individual songs, and TS fit the game the best. Didnt like RA2 as much, and dont like Generals at all

My thoughts exactly. As for preference, I enjoy RA's soundtrack better.

TS, even though it fit with the overall feel of the game... it was a little low key for me. Lacks "Pump" Up" style music. Just not as good as the originals.

I didn't care much for RA2 or Renegades soundtrack except for a couple of songs. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them and they were good but not that memorable.

Generals is your usual run of the mill war music.

1- RA

Fav: Hell March, Face the Enemy1, Backstab

1.0000000001- TD

Fav: Demolition, Just Do it Up

3- TS

Fav: NOD Crush, Killing Machine

4- RA2

Fav: None actually. Yea I didn't like the HM remix :P

5- Renegade

Fav: Stomp

6- Generals

Fav: None

Hellmarch 2 is ok. Nothin liek Hellmarch though.

RA-2nd hand and Arazoid are pretty cool songs

i beleave that we have to meany people out there that dont know the true glory of the time when this music came out electronca and amblent music was big and it still is. so i go for the orginals like CnC and RA.

Pendulum

RA is definetly still very cool and "modern" as far as the masses are concerned.

I played House remix at a party the other night and it got people moving :wink:

RA is definetly still very cool and "modern" as far as the masses are concerned.

I played House remix at a party the other night and it got people moving :wink:

mint when i do some dj ing with my mates at partys i allways start it with "Fight, Win Prevail" and mix in "Hold Your Colour" and then "Slam" by Pendulum

I prefer the more techno approach

and of course, throw some rock in there as well

I like the Generals battle songs, and renegade...I just don't like RA1

s songs that much

RA1 music had more of a "foreboding doom" type of feel to them

I think they fit their game the best of all the music, after TS

RA1 is my fav, but TS fits its game (TS) the best

then its RA1, then the others