Sign in to follow this  
General immeyourenot

Local Fauna

here is a quick question for you, what native animals live in your back garden (for those american hard of understanding i mean backyard)

Today i was tasked with empying my small sized pond, to my surprise i found, 4 fish i though had died a few years ago, a newt, the first ive ever seen out of capitivty, & no less than 42 small to big-un frogs, all i thought lived there were a few beetles.

*EDIT*

wow, uber d00ber exciting news :roll: , the newt i found is actually a great crested newt, an endangered species, so i have to report it to the rspca... maybe laters.

My garden is all patio with pebbles around the exterior. I have a bush surrounding the perimeter so really you might find a few ants about the place and the occassional earth dwelling insect, but thats it.

Same here...Harmless ants and bees....We do have mosqitos though.. :(

Same here...Harmless ants and bees....We do have mosqitos though.. :(

All three of my cats tend to keep the birds and rabits out. Not to good at squirrel control, but hey, thats life.

i have back yard with a young tree, and flowers...so theres ants, worms, spiders, mosquitos, flies, and the beetles and bugs u find in the soil... NAd the ocasional centipede. Once i found this big orange spider that had stretched its web out across out backyard. it was half the size of a CD-rom

c.C @ the big spider

good luck on the RSPCA report thingie ^^

the contents of my garden are... uhh... *squints outside* hundreds of random horrible tacky objects my mom put out there (concrete lion statues, wooden windmills, gnomes etc etc) and as far as i know we get birds and mice. one of our two cats regually brings in mice and moths n.n;

almost always alive o.o though when it's dead, he likes to make it real messy -_-;

Today i was tasked with empying my small sized pond, to my surprise i found, 4 fish i though had died a few years ago, a newt, the first ive ever seen out of capitivty, & no less than 42 small to big-un frogs, all i thought lived there were a few beetles.

You seem to have excluded the part when you slid halfway into the pond when trying to catch a frog, it seems even one of the least intelligent animals on the planet can out-do you.

Makes me really proud to be related to you.

LOL!!! SHOT DOWN!!! that is slightly shameful but acceptable... they may be dumb but they are fast and slippery o.O

True, but there was a perfectly good net lying in plain view on the grass, yet still he insisted on trying to catch them with his hands.

Strikes me as a bit braindead, but hey, maybe that is just me, maybe catching frogs in your hands is a really clever thing to do.

*shrugs* maybe the big bad hunter wanted to test his skills... or he just wants to lick frogs (he does know it's toads that get you high right?)

Yes, the "big bad hunter" really managed to impress me. Well, I was certainly not going to be the one to get him out, I ran straight upstrairs for my camera, but alas, by the time I got back he had crawled out, the best I got was a picture of him lying half soaked on the grass.

Licking frogs... somehow I doubt he would know that even licking toads would get him high, most of what he does know consists of "i r hungry, ug!"

*snickers* now is that just a brother thing or a boy thing? we shall never know... >>; this is why you should carry a digi cam/camera phone around at all times n.n i got a couple of good photos of one friend with a rubber glove on his head inflated... one of another guy attempting to wax using duct tape on his leg. would have been better with film though, the photos don't do it any justice to the humour level... and there is one of a friend passed out with graffiti on his face =3

The only difference between a boy & a brother is that you can choose when to be around a boy, but you get stuck with a brother annoying you all your life.

No offence to 99% of the people on this forum.

and your brother irritates you more o.O at least with other guys you get the bonus of possibly having a crush on them lololol

o.O; no, swimming pool is fun... ikky yukky goop filled pond is not lol... especially one filled with frogs an weird ikky creatures XD;

i think i'll stick to going in swimming pools and sitting in chairs looking at the ponds from a safe distance... one that allows me to see the natural beauty, but not be within range of any of the local wildlife... though on that point spiders make me scream so i often tend to just look out the window... lol

spiders! youre a genius, my sister has aracnaphobia, that is how i will get her back, what a good use of local wildlife!

of course... small problem, i have a fear of spider too. geez.

you know you could actually try being... nice... to her. if nothing else she might hold off from the next jab and may even be nice back *shock horror*

and spiders bad... especially big ones.

luckily only the biggest one i've ever seen in the wild here was about two inches in size (not a daddy long legs) in my shed. unfortunately it dropped on my head where i stumbled into the shed and ran into a nest or two of hatchings which dropped down from the ceiling on me

0.0 nightmare!

being nice to my sister is pointless, she will just laugh at me & my "pathetic attempts to make amends".

she is always uber nice to everyone except me, & people wonder why i dont like her.

so mean :cry:

well if you actually try to be nice all the time, and not do it once then start mean jokes or whatever then after a lil while she might start being nice too o.o

an yah it was scary. minorly traumatic... but i've got way way WAY worse traumas so no biggie. still dislike the garden though lol

yeah, but im sick of her, she always thinks shes better than me at everything. she is always the instigator, i never start it, like in this topic, i dont go slagging her off for her mistakes.

well keep being nice. and not "mans-man ha-ha-jab" nice... i mean actually try to be friendly o.o; sooner or later she will be nice back unless she just likes seeing you wound up/crying... kinda mean if she does but go figure.

sticking to the fauna thing... i used to have a patch at the back of the garden for fruit and veg, so i could make my own comfort-food y'know? two weeks, TWO WEEKS, after i plant loads of stuff, i just see sprouts appearing over the top of the earth... and a strong wind knocks a spare fence panel over. my whole patch, literally, is squished all in one gust of wind. i haven't gone in that garden since and my mom mutated everything so there are windmills and strange objects in my ex-strawberry patch q.p

yeah, but im sick of her, she always thinks shes better than me at everything. she is always the instigator, i never start it, like in this topic, i dont go slagging her off for her mistakes.

I just cannot believe you! How could you say these thing about me? You come here & tell this entire community that I'm some kind of crazy weirdo who makes your life a living hell for my own personal pleasure!

Well I'm going to clear this up, I'm not a bad person, I don't hurt people's feelings for fun.

Me & my brother argue a lot, yes, & the reason I make fun of him is because he comes up with some random crap, never admits that he is wrong when I counter his arguments, then I walk away to avoid taking it further, & the next day he boasts to his friends that he "beat me again."

I don't instigate, I don't randomly make attacks on my brother, & all round I try to be a nice person.