Sign in to follow this  
Guest Neufusion

Best way to destroy patriots

Guest Neufusion

What is the best way to destroy USA patriots? Especially in the early game? A pack of 4 rocket guys got worked. 3 tanks got worked.

What is the best way to destroy them?

1 method for each side would be great. I'm especially interested in china tactics.

:?:

early in the game ey....

gla is easy - just send in rocket buggies they are the best against defenses, or motor cycle guys with suicide bombers...

early in with china, have say 4 or 5 rocket men, and 2 or 3 migs have the men just out of range hit the patriot with the migs so its slightly damaged then send in the rocket men and use the dynamite ability all 5 will most probably have to do it becuase it is a pretty weak ability...

usa send in humvees with rocket men in the back and upgrade tow missile...

to destroy the patriot, the suicide bombers will do the trick. But if I using the USA air force, the stealth bombers are quite fine to do the job.

GLA

if you have already built your war factory, and the first general point that you should use is the scud launcher. They are efficent.

China

the nuke cannon is the best option. Use the first general point -the nuke cannon.

of course you should be careful of air attacks, send the anti-aircrafts along with them.

Basically, artillery or planes will do the trick...

USA (except Laser Gen)- build a group of 4-5 Tomahawk launchers and launch 'em to the Patriot. Carefully guard them from any incoming units. Commanches, Tanks, Avengers etc... Laser Gen don't have Tomahawk. A pack of Auroras or other aircrafts (except Commanche) is the option for Laser Gen. Their advantage is counter measure and laser point defence (for Airforce Gen). When I'm using Air force, a group of 8 King Raptor should do the trick.

China (except Tank Gen)- again artillery is the key... a pack of Nnfernos/Nuke Cannon should do the trick. Again, guard them... If you using Tanks, well, the airforce not that good... Eventhough they have composite amour upgarade, but it won't protect 'em from EMP type Patriot. Normal Patriot, yes... but there will be a lot of suicide.

GLA- Be creative.... a bunch of buggys and SCUDs (except Stealth Gen) can be devastating as from their Chinas counter part. But be cafefull to protect them. But if you using Scorpion Tanks, make sure they're upgrade with rocket and give a boost to their fire power (example like Toxin upgrade for Thrax forces). Suicides... If you got money, then go for it...

But I usually utilize the airforce to do the trick... Counter measures, laser point defences....

By the way, the use of carpet bomb, MOAB, EMP bomb can be handy.... Super weapons too...

Or you can disable the power.... Be EVIL :twisted:

depends but on the early game there shouldnt be many patriots

mere tanks from china would do it nicely, its not a biggie, patriots dont take much fire. Mix with a few rockets.NEVER USE MIGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEVER;NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!its a bad idea to use few migs against a building, but is the worst idea in the planet to use it against a AA defense.It will even be expensive and a total loss.Its also much more expensive than a small ground force!

China infantry:use your OVERWHELMING infantry of course! early.

USA:laser tanks PWNS SO BADLY those little patriots..is sad.early too

USA normal:thawks.requires strategy center though.a bunch of crusaders mixed with some infantry does it again earlier.

AIr force:Even a pair of upgraded kings do the trick, no loss.UNLIKE THE CRAPPY PAPER PLANES CALLED MIGS.or a pair of f117s :).early too.

Gla:scud launchers.Few suicides :) send a pair of rebels to distract defenses if you dont want to use bikes.early.

Really, patriots are wimpy defenses, too easy to destroy any time, and quite uneffective against infantry.

Unless you meant SW general patriots.Now those require a bit more of care.

All I need to destroy patriots are artilerries or infantries. Using artilerry is the easiest way I think. But, using infantries can preserve our money. Just use rpg troopers or other rocket launcher units.

+-+-+ what's wrong with MiG's? they are good for the cost... i mean... other than their upgrades ($2000 for Black Napalm and $1000 for MiG armour) they are pretty decent for $1200 each.

4 x MiGs = 1200 x 4 = $4800

1 x Black Napalm = $2000

1 x MiG Armour = $1000

Total = $7800

+-+-+ if you position each bombing run with all four of the MiG's (which you should be able to since, you are not concentrating on lots of stuff at the beginnin of the game) you can make a successful run against a group of patriots and suvive with minimal (like one MiG) or no casualties. it's nice to have EMP tanks near the return flight route of the MiG's to bounce away missiles.

+-+-+ i suggest sticking to a mix wave of Infantry Missiles and Tanks (dragon tanks are decently good, with the fire wall thingy...)

LK

couple 'f terrorists do the job. Build 5, send them in. 2 blow it up, and the rest go for the dozers and units that come out to defend the patriot

terrorists are so good against patriots. The patriots always miss and they are cheap and you only need 2 or 3

what are the chances your opponent has only patriots for defence? A missile defender gets killed by ranger, rebel or reduard, pathfinder, guys

Artillery have weak armor so a humvee or technical would take care of them fast.

terrorists, tanks- boom, guys- maybe if alone, patriots- boom

Terrorists are much more effective.

For china I would say get a troop crawler and use it combined with some tanks. This is a good build vs the strat where they build a pat near your supplies. Great early game solution.

Terrorists get shot by pathfinders. Use rocket bugies with infantry as close support. Maybe a few techs too.

For China, MiG 'em.

For USA, stealth in two waves of two (like with in seconds of each other) with tomahawk cover fire will blast'em. just watch money though

in the early game China 2 Dragon Tank

USA hard with out air

GLA 2 terrost cycle

What ever happened to taking out their power? its quite easy, especially if you have carpet bomb/artillery attacks. Just devour their power plants with some heavy ordnance. If you dont have upgrades like that, Rocket infantry and a few rifle bearers (Rebel, Red Guard, Ranger…) is one way (rifles for killing rangers inside). Another way is just getting a side with ground to ground artillery like Nuke Cannons, SCUD launchers or Tomahawk Launchers. The Patriots are out of range and this is good against Fire Bases too.

What ever happened to taking out their power?.

I was about to ask the same question. :roll:

Guest MadBadger

A. this threads ANCENT

B. ur all n00bs

Use 2 avengers in your army as USA and no pats will touch you (add 1 more for each pat involved so a group of 4 pats u should have 5 avengers)

As China use EMP tanks UNLESS there EMP Pats at which point DONT the EMP pats will spread out and stun ALL your units..... not very good.

To kill EMP pats use Inferno Cannons or mass red Guard 1-2 troop transports per Pat.

As GLA Mr. Terrorist can run up to them without dieing 3 of them will do the trick. Also Buggies work well. And run a scorp in with maxed uppgrades (like repair, tox shells, RPG upp, missile) let the missile fly and run away to heal and repeat.

For all MASS inf works well even against EMP pats.

S-planes work well

Also slip a sabatur into the power plantto turn them off.

same if you just kill the power.

Nuke Cannons are crap to be frank. Take too long to set up and are too weak. only good thing is Neutron shells :twisted:

also VS all Pats MASS tanks work. even if you have the hottest enemy controling his EMPO pats they will fall to a constant wave of tanks.

A. this threads ANCENT

B. ur all n00bs

You really are irrelevant. Make sense, spell properly or piss off.

Killing patriots can be done with a few MiGs.

You also forgot MiGS can be destroyed with a few Patriots.

The best way is just infantry, especially minigunners. Or a long distance weapon, like an Inferno or a Nuke Cannon.

2 auroras per pat will clear out quite a large group of them if you time your strike and have enough planes. Thats how i beat the SW general, killed the pats with auroras, then comanched her.

this is old and rather pointless..

simple :

artillery> patriots

airplanes> patriots

avenger/ecm + attack force> patriots

how complicated does it have to get??

Paladin tanks can laser missiles too. That's also quite handy against GLA's Stinger sites.

Paladin tanks can laser missiles too. That's also quite handy against GLA's Stinger sites.

Avengers are better suited to the job. :wink:

As China use EMP tanks UNLESS there EMP Pats at which point DONT the EMP pats will spread out and stun ALL your units..... not very good.

It's ECM Tank. ECM! Electronic Counter-Measures! ECM! :P Good point about the EMP Patriots though. :wink:

Dude. >_> Give him a chance, he really is as good as he says he is. Trust me on that. You two should play each other sometime.

How come Im the only one who thinks Auroras can kill EMP pats ?

Or am I the only one who will actually face the SW General ?

:? 8) :?

If anybody is wondering, when you storm a GLA base with loads of tanks (Tank Gen, fully upgraded everything) bring a few ECM tanks with ya. :oops:

I made the mistake of not bringing any a few weeks ago and lost 15 BMs in about 10 seconds to a fully garrisoned palace with heroic rocket troops insde. I was battling Thrax (not in chalenge mode)

Dude. >_> Give him a chance, he really is as good as he says he is. Trust me on that. You two should play each other sometime.

When the first two appear on the thread, my opinion will change. Sharpiro cares not if someone wants to waste their life infront of a computer game.

Patriot batteries are killed by a single bomb truck. Simple.