MAMMOTH MKII WANTED

Damn but i want to swap the mammy for the mammoth mkII

just the thought of marching it accross the bridge on city flying

missiles into the apache's railgun at the stanks

Wow... that was hardly coherent.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, and you might want to check out the CnC Reborn mod for Renegade.

how big is the polycount on that one ?

looks pretty heavy

yeah but it doesn't have the gun that always destroys things in oen hit i think it is the particle gun the gun taht the ghost stalker has

Thats probably the best model ever created....but as for you, archer...unless you can get the Reborn guys to give you that model, I doubt that you will get it till the mod comes out.

Wow... that was hardly coherent.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, and you might want to check out the CnC Reborn mod for Renegade.

*Snicker**Snicker* (Shoots self for snickering at community newbie, because some may consider me one even though im a C&C Vet.) BANNG! (Shoots self again for making post too long) BANNG!

yeah but it doesn't have the gun that always destroys things in oen hit i think it is the particle gun the gun taht the ghost stalker has

could u possibly be talking about the rail gun?

Guest MadBadger

if GDI get the MKII i wana BANSHEE :twisted::drool: ....... straffin that big slow bugger n dodgin its crummy AA missiles :P

...theeee rail gun that is under the main cabins you mean? on the mounted turret? oO;

and the fact that particle cannons and rail guns are completely different lolol...

a particle cannon basically accelerates all the air particles to lightspeed, giving them immense heat and power...

a rail gun is basically like a normal rifle that has three lines of magnets along the barrel in a triangle shape. a metal charge is fired, then the magnets make it go faster and faster (depending on the barrel length) which gives it a hypervelocity speed. last time i checked rail guns being researched at military labs, and particle cannons already exist (but more on the scales of powering things and being used as tiny surgical lasers, not in the C&C: generals form) on a side note we know the rail gun theory works because we already use the magnet lines on many roller coasters and trains in asia and some european countries. the idea is if there are magnets on all sides of the bar, it will hold the bar in place in the air... for example

// ||

|| [ ] ||

___// From a front position anyway. middle bit being the train connection, the outside part being the magnets. Gotta love science ^^

Guest MadBadger

now i know i ned a girl..... for some reason thats so hot.....

...theeee rail gun that is under the main cabins you mean? on the mounted turret? oO;

and the fact that particle cannons and rail guns are completely different lolol...

a particle cannon basically accelerates all the air particles to lightspeed, giving them immense heat and power...

a rail gun is basically like a normal rifle that has three lines of magnets along the barrel in a triangle shape. a metal charge is fired, then the magnets make it go faster and faster (depending on the barrel length) which gives it a hypervelocity speed. last time i checked rail guns being researched at military labs, and particle cannons already exist (but more on the scales of powering things and being used as tiny surgical lasers, not in the C&C: generals form) on a side note we know the rail gun theory works because we already use the magnet lines on many roller coasters and trains in asia and some european countries. the idea is if there are magnets on all sides of the bar, it will hold the bar in place in the air... for example

// ||

|| [ ] ||

___// From a front position anyway. middle bit being the train connection, the outside part being the magnets. Gotta love science ^^

Depleated Uranium is used for shells in a Rail Gun if not another metal. Me loves Science too.

btw dude....look at the pic....the rail gun (particle gun as u say) is rite below the "head" of the giant :wink:

Lemme explain my profession opinion.

Here you see the Mammoth Mark 2.

On it's sides, in a saddle-bag setup, are two RAILGUNS. They both appear double barelled, but I assume that's an over-under (barrel & magazine tube) like on a shotgun.

I don't know why in the cutscenes it shoots kind've an energy blob, as real railguns look like what you see in actual gameplay. An instanteanous shot with particle trail behind it.

On top, you see two back-mounted SAM sites. Surface to Air only.

While it's not apparent in actual gamplay, it appears that a ball-turret mounted 50-cal is under the "head" of the Mammoth Mark 2.

Mmkay?

Lemme explain my professional opinion.

Here you see the Mammoth Mark 2.

On it's sides, in a saddle-bag setup, are two RAILGUNS. They both appear double barelled, but I assume that's an over-under (barrel & magazine tube) like on a shotgun.

I don't know why in the cutscenes it shoots kind've an energy blob, as real railguns look like what you see in actual gameplay. An instanteanous shot with particle trail behind it.

On top, you see two back-mounted SAM sites. Surface to Air only.

While it's not apparent in actual gamplay, it appears that a ball-turret mounted 50-cal is under the "head" of the Mammoth Mark 2.

Mmkay?

YES! Exactly! My God...I thought that this was plain obvious?

The TS engine can't do Dual Railguns, a chain gun and SAM sites like the Mammy is supposed to have. So they just made a SAM Site and a single Railgun.

It's still bloody effective. :P If only it's armour was as strong as depicted in the 'Unstoppable' movie...

yeah probably alot??? duh as each raildriver use's enough memory ram/graphic as is double would use more than the stock game itself (well almost nyways)

just coz you can't beat me doesn't mean you suck, just means i win!!!!