Cygnus X-1

Pic of the Day

motivator7020917.jpg

lol I just got my internet back, did anyone notice that the guns aren't loaded?

I hope they make a starship Voyager as well as that pictured Enterprise. ^_^

I always found the soucer section idea a little quirky...

I can see Battlestar Galactica more than Enterprise...

im off to buy some of whatever that is

Lego.

What is wrong with the world USA? :P

Fix

Apparently you need bacon to be 'manly'

Edited by BlyTwo

did anyone notice that the guns aren't loaded?

Yes, I wondered what they were holding empty guns for.

Apparently you need bacon to be 'manly'

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is about manliness.

Bacon isn't about being manly, its about tasting ****ing awesome..

Oh and yeah a BSG style ship seems more likely, but voyager was cool with the flip up warp drive thing. ^_^

I like the base stars, the new ones of course. But they seem so damned fragile. I'd much rather prefer a nice Romulan Warbird like hte one out of Star Trek Insurrection, those two were pr0. :)

You want a BSG ship? lol maybe you should choose a cylon basestar.

It is more realistic. The three most realistic Sci-Fi ideas ever made are Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and EVE Online.

Star Trek has the right ideas, but they aren't doing it quite right...

One thing that Firefly got, was the concept of there being very little physical matter to cary sound vibrations. In dead-space you can't hear a thing, nebulae or dust clouds are acceptions though.

In dead-space you can't hear a thing, nebulae or dust clouds are acceptions though.

No they aren't, they would not transmit sound any more than dead space due to the lack of pressure within the cloud. Sound requires two components of pressure to operate, the sound source, which can function virtually anywhere, even outer space which isn't a complete vacuum, and the pressure of the medium. It would basically take an explosion within a dust cloud to create enough pressure to form a half wave, which would only sound like dust particles slamming into your helmet/spaceship. The lack of the secondary pressure means there could not be more than a half of a wave, hence, no sound.

Sound in space is never realistic, not in empty blackness, not in a dust cloud, probably not a nebula (if it was dense enough and generated a significant gravitational pull, it could). TV shows, movies, or games that have sound do so because silence is boring. Firefly managed to have enough alternate sounds such as the crew talking to fill the gap.

Edited by Nmenth

Lol that would scare chicks off

Time to get motivated people!

baroness.jpg

ss500x400.jpg

2003f.jpg

1217482938760.jpg

1217730991235.jpg

1213496638269.jpg

thelulzfamily.jpg

1214360458158.jpg

1205681520827.jpg

trix.jpg

americakillyouinyoursle.jpg

300xerxestheyseemerolli.jpg

lesbianbeachbabesdemoti.jpg

shtbricks.jpg

53643366.jpg

batsvssups.jpg

Damn how do you find so many good ones that fast? :D

I find these little caches all the time in my travels, when I have a bunch I post them all...

Some good pics there - good enough to illicit some embarrassing laugh-out-loud moments!

I was kinda expecting a progression of ninja photos though...

No they aren't, they would not transmit sound any more than dead space due to the lack of pressure within the cloud. Sound requires two components of pressure to operate, the sound source, which can function virtually anywhere, even outer space which isn't a complete vacuum, and the pressure of the medium. It would basically take an explosion within a dust cloud to create enough pressure to form a half wave, which would only sound like dust particles slamming into your helmet/spaceship. The lack of the secondary pressure means there could not be more than a half of a wave, hence, no sound.

Sound in space is never realistic, not in empty blackness, not in a dust cloud, probably not a nebula (if it was dense enough and generated a significant gravitational pull, it could). TV shows, movies, or games that have sound do so because silence is boring. Firefly managed to have enough alternate sounds such as the crew talking to fill the gap.

The idea in like Star Trek for example is not the objects making sounds, but some sort of sound system within the ship making the sounds. And sounds aren't only created by vibrations, they are simply the most basic, as you said vibration based sounds can only travel through denser materials. Telephasic sounds travel on the spectrum and are interpreted by your mind in other ways.

I find these little caches all the time in my travels, when I have a bunch I post them all...

Or you just get them from a site that updates them daily...