Cygnus X-1

Pic of the Day

IDK if this was posted before, great C&C parody btw.

Gun Safety with Kane: A silly comic from years ago

Edited by PurpleGaga27
  • Upvote 1

I don't know a lot about the reward mechanics in this specific game, and I am also not familiar with the details of the gambling laws in all countries that might sell this game.

That said, I am familiar with some gambling laws and how some games implement legal random reward generators that are played with real money.

The simplest way to tell if a mechanic is legally gambling or not is if there is a possible loser state in the random chance. A loser state is where you win absolutely nothing; things like a free retry or a super low-value reward are not loser states.

If you always win something, it is not gambling (legally).

I highly doubt this game has loser states, that would be a really stupid oversight.

There are a few other things that are important to keep a game legal, such as direct payments with real money or indirect payments through virtual currency (this is why games pretty much always have some stupid made up currency), but the no-lose game is really the most important indicator here.

Addendum:
I suppose I should have actually read the article before commenting. They do sort of mention what I wrote above, but do a lot of beating around the bush and if you don't pay close attention, you could easily miss it entirely.

Hmmm......

4025e1513622339o7602.jpeg

And in a galaxy from a long time ago based from this: https://imgur.com/gallery/THk2s

ksm91kB.jpg

SsPSdhK.jpg

tZgL5mA.jpg

Last but not least, this is one pricey discontinued Lego starship (even still in stock in Amazon!):

MBnbm2L.png

Edited by PurpleGaga27

I was listening to some music when I noticed these tracks won't be made for another 33779 years.

0raqXGF.png

I'm a bit disappointed in the quality of music they're making. I mean, it isn't unpleasant, I just expected something more after thirty thousand years of technological advancements. I suppose my primitive headphones can't handle it to its full potential.

That makes you the biggest hipster in the world. :P

work-happens-34-photos-191.jpg

weekend-morning-awesomeness-33-photos-22

Either this is a look-alike of Jeff Goldblum or Gordon Freeman:

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-197

Never played S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and after briefly reading its plot on Wikipedia, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with nuclear weapons.

I see at least one person on their Facebook was offended by this obvious joke though, apparently another victim of the same media fear mongering that lead to the  unnecessary levels of panic presented in PurpleGaga27's post above.

I immediately thought of you as a nuke fan, which is why I mentioned you.

Nuke fan? NUKE FAN? :furious:

That's "Nuclear weapons enthusiast" to you, peasant. :nuke::king: :nuke:

By the way, that is Upshot-Knothole: Badger in the background.

It'd be better with a Fallout reference.

Those traffic lights in the Ukraine (probably photoshopped):

OINyphR.jpg

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Anyone could bet that Trump and his admin are part of the dumb 60%, the smart 30%, but where's the other 10% go to.... equally dumb and smart?

a9688296f0b16196706b6d24eccf8ba7_width-6

And this, WTH was that?
Dv6n2mv.jpg

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Battlefield Vegas, I thought that would have been a perfect future game title by EA/DICE..... but it's a real shooting range in Sin City. Activists tried to change this billboard into this. The original message was "shoot a .50 caliber only $29".

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/02/shoot-a-school-kid-only-29-activists-altered-a-las-vegas-billboard-to-urge-gun-reform

56848ccb-7226-46f3-a423-31944de6bc9c-lar

Edited by PurpleGaga27

Ah yes, of course one should point out the frequent use of anti-materiel rifles in school shootings, where a massive ~14.5kg Barrett sniper rifle can easily be concealed in a backpack and the ease at which one can walk off a gun range carrying one they only paid $29 to shoot - less than the value of a full 10-round magazine.

Putin, barely seen on the left... no reaction. But the French President's reaction....

xxd907ut95a11.jpg

Edited by PurpleGaga27

8 minutes ago, PurpleGaga27 said:

Putin, barely seen on the left... no reaction

Why would he?

Ooh, I am so loving this:

Dim4FpiXUAA6pA7.jpg

IDK how many Donald Trump(s) play YugiOh Duel Links:

AZ826fU.jpg