Sign in to follow this  
Masked Shah

Generals 2

*sneak attack opens a hole in ground, Masked Shah steps out*

The Generals world should always cover the likely modern terrorist wars....

Just as Red Alert covers the war with the soviets....

So I think Generals 2 should have North Korea or any other future enemies we actually go to war with as a playable army....

that's if they do a Generals 2

We shall push them from our land!!

AYEiiiii!!!!

*dives back into sneak attack hole, head first*

Heres hoping they shoot the guy whos actually contemplating it at EALA sitting in his corner consuming his asbestos.

Generals 2 would be alright... It would just need the following...

1) A storyline, one they didn't get read off the back of a bottle of booze.

2) Music.

3) A more real "C&C" type feel. Instead of a generic get rich type feel.

4) Decent FMV's

5) Decent gameplay.

Part from that Generals was an ok kinda game... It just felt to generic for me to get involved...

SO you know, I'm submitting my first article monday...its going to outline the problem with Generals IMO...

plz dont. I dont like articles criticizing C&C games. Generals might have problems, but its still very fun

Yeah... i admit... Generals is the worst C&C...

I still play Red Alert 2 yuri's revenge....

I wish they could improve the storyline...

The idea is a good one... but poorly executed...

hah! I bet any one of us can make up a better storyline for Gen2

plz dont. I dont like articles criticizing C&C games. Generals might have problems, but its still very fun

Yeah, Generals isn't my favorite (Red Alert is), but at least it was somewhat fun...

Yes, it was fun to play i like most eavery one else hated it because it WASENT C&C, it also had no story line.

Yeah, everything seems to happen out of the blue : a terrorist organisation is formed out of nowhere and disrupts China's military parade. EA does say it takes place 20 years into the future but the technology seems a little outdated . Would steam trains still be running in 20 years? :shock:

Generals just had a different feel it took alot longer to amass a decent offensive force. I think people were used to being able to perform "rushs' and that was one of turn downs for Generals.

Simply put, Generals was a very good RTS, what left people hating it was that it obviously wasn't a C&C in any way at all, conclusion, if it didn't have the cheek to call itself a C&C I would be asking for a sequel and so would alot of others.

Generals also had an annoyingly confusing approach to realism, it didn't have anything funny from RA2, but why on earth was the Avenger laser-based? why did rangers have killer flashbangs? why not krak grens instead? and why the bloody hell did the US have a 'Crusader' tank? do some research EA, the Abram is not planned to be replaced by another MBT (except a much more advanced one which has a multi-barreled rail cannon, definetly not the crusader), and even if it were replaced,

the new MBT would not be called 'Crusader', that's the name of a scrapped artillery tank! Also, why the hell was the advanced tank's name 'Paladin'? That's another bloody artillery!

EA always messes things up..... But their games are fun u have to admit

Waraddict is right they need to reserch there Tanks and weapons a bit there. By 20 years we'll have the "RailTank" as i like to call it which could pirce freaking Battleship armor and shoot down Jets, having a lazer machingun mounted on it's top. so yes EA just didint do there research also they wanted to give GLA a chance to survive for 1 day agienst CHINA and U.S.A. :)

Even though China would lose too, though they would take longer to beat

Guest SU182

Hey, For Generals 2, It could be Generals 2: World War III

It is the year 2035, Fossil Fuels are running out, Gas Prices are going up. and Humanity is falling as we know it, USA is planning their forces to go invade contries to get more reserve oil.

You can play as 9 nations:

USA

Canada

Africa

Japan

China

UK

London

Austrailia

Dennark

In single player, You and your army have to conquer your forces using your stragedy your wits and your sence, as Single Player mode has drasticly changed, You are not playing Mission to Mission, you have a map of the world, You can send armies to invade diffrent countrys and defend your newely captured countrys, Now you can jump into any battle where you can command your units to capture your country, You can make a deployable base where you can construct a doser and make him build barracks, war factorys and stragedy centers, Yeah the free resources are there, But this time, It can take longer to get there, and the AI is much improved using real tactitcs so think fast, Multiplayer has been drasticly Improved with new features and networking code, It's better than ever. and It's using a heavily modified version of the sage engine, That's right, It will be drasticly improved to include bumpmapping, HDR and better graphics than any RTS has ever seen.

Well, That's my Idea.

Niehter is Africa

though if they were to get together as one...thats would be a big army

In single player, You and your army have to conquer your forces using your stragedy your wits and your sence, as Single Player mode has drasticly changed, You are not playing Mission to Mission, you have a map of the world, You can send armies to invade diffrent countrys and defend your newely captured countrys, Now you can jump into any battle where you can command your units to capture your country

no way!!!:?

that sounds like rise of nations, not command and conquer :roll:

how 'bout using the red alert thing where you choose your own campaign by completing missions with multiple outcomes depending on where you go, except you have more choices....still within command and conquer, yet different

Another cracked out plot by SU182.

Canada Vs USA HMMMMMMM I wonder who will win? Any bets on Canada?

You can give everyone in New York City some small arms weapons and train them in boot camp for 30 days, then you can overrun entire Canada.

Lol he said small arms weapons

Now I live in close proximity to and Air Force base and an Army National Guard base, with another AFB not too far...

I would never fight Canada though. RUSH are Canadian.