Sign in to follow this  
Guest SU182

Red Alert 2: Remix, A mod for C&C Generals: Zero Hour.

Guest SU182

Hey, I am starting a total remake of Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge with some improvments and new twists, Introducing.

RED ALERT 2: REMIX

Red Alert 2: Remix is a remake of Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge with some new twists. An improvment we added to the game is that now you can use for upgrades and many capabilities, and Don't worry, The old C&C Building technicue is still there, The bottom interface is there, Here's what were doing to make it accesable, We are adding a expand button to build stuff on the right, and I'm not sure if were going to have walls, But there will be a diffrent interface for Yuri, To enhance the red alert experience, We are remastering the cutscenes and remaking them in CGI style, Now to circimvate the waiting, We are having the video play while it loads, And what were doing to Naval Combat is improving it, We are getting Heavy Coders to make the Naval Combat part a reality to this mod, But in my opinion, Naval Combat is useless, I never used it in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2, but I am glad they left it out in Command & Conquer: Generals, but that's another story, In this mod, Engineers don't have to be sacriifced, But now can capture buildings, fix buildings, and fix bridges without being sacrificed, The fix buildings and fix bridges work the same way with Generals, But to fix briges, you have to get into an outpost and wait until the bridge is fixed. There are more, But I don't want to rant on, I registered on modDBB, The link is below

http://mods.moddb.com/5344/

And the link to the original thread is below you.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...=333713&hl=

Thank's I hope you enjoy this mod when It's out.

P.S. We are now hiring people to start this mod and bring it up, and also, we need you to create a logo, Somthing like the Generals Logo, the Red Alert 2 Style of logo and Rap Style mixed together, We need you to create a logo that fit's this mod, Here's the link to the Generals Logo.

http://cncgeneralsworld.easycgi.com/downloads/CCLogo.psd

You must have photoshop to download this file.

BTW. We are now hiring people to lift this project from the ground, The following positions are available.

Modeler

UV Mapper

Skinner

AI coder

INI coder

2D graphics

3D graphics

Video production

Concept artist

Building modeler

Infantry animator

Voice Actor

Tutorial Writer

Website & Flash Designer

So post your username and the positions you want to aquire, Remember, We need people to get this mod off the ground.

Guest SU182

Hello???

Not the best place to post it, I'll move it to community announcements, might get more coverage there :wink:

for C&C: Generals is BANNED from the Mod Database for not abiding by our rules.

That's nice.

Do not support this mod. If you get banned off modDB, you must really f**k up.

Guest SU182

Hey, If you want to work with my mod, You'll need to show me what you got. Post your username, Position Name and your work on .JPG format

One, I don't mod Generals. Two, you got banned on modDB for not obeying their rules (that's hard to do). Three, I don't want to help you. I have enough going on as it is.

Guest SU182

I just need a website, Here's a PM about the ban.

You need a full mod related website up, wether its packed with media shots or not has nothing to do with it, forum boards are not counted as a website, they are a part of a website. After doing this winthin 1 week, please reply to this pm and your mod will be properly authorised on ModDB.

BigBird

I just need a website and I will be proporly authorised.

So its a Generals mod. Count me out, then.

If you got banned from modDB, then what exactly did you do to get banned? Or will talking about it get you kicked from here as well :wink:

Sounds interesting, IF you can get it up and going

Guest SU182

I'm not banneed

Either way, it doesn't matter. There's already a Generals mod in production with the same idea. They have a team assembled and even have some models done and a couple in game. This is a fruitless effort to be honest.

Guest SU182

Effort, I am trying to bring back the old C&C Building Style and include Naval Combat in the mod and try to put in walls. Is that an effort.

Naval combat and walls have been done already. Classic style building can be done in a way but it looks ugly and isn't worth the hassle.

You should take a look at the long list of Generals mod at MobDB as well, you'll see there are a lot of mods out there with the same idea.

Maybe helping one of them would be much easier then starting on your own with no website.

You should take a look at the long list of Generals mod at MobDB as well, you'll see there are a lot of mods out there with the same idea.

Maybe helping one of them would be much easier then starting on your own with no website.

Quoted for truth.

Guest SU182

Look, The naval combat idea will include the dock actually being in the water.

and the Walls will be revelutionary, Here's how.

Build a wall tower, Click on that wall tower then click on build a wall, Anoter Tower will appear drag it to where you want it and presto, BTW It's $100 a piece.

Naval combat and walls have been done already. Classic style building can be done in a way but it looks ugly and isn't worth the hassle.

i think .. not sure.. but it seems the tftw team has managed to do it in a good way..

Guest SU182

But were planing to do it better.

you dont know that as the new tftw version with it included havent been released

:roll: :roll:

I wouldnt do it. Instead, join Theirry @ World Rebellion. If you can do it, they could use the help.