Sign in to follow this  
phh

How to copy a unit or a building from Tiberium Sun to RA 2

How to copy a unit or a building from Tiberium Sun & Firestorm to Red Alert 2 & Yuris' Revenge???????? Please , HELP !!!!!!!!

YES!

I'm using Tibed from more than a year!

And I have very good rezults! (in some dirrections)

Just tell me how to copy them , pls.

I tried many times , but the program doesn't save the changes!!! :badpc:

So in answer to my question, you haven't learned sh*t. Stop using TibEd and go straight to the files.

INI files, AVI files, Art files, Mix files, and all of the other stuff related to units

Do you mind just telling me where to find them and what to do whit them?

I newer edit enethyng whitout useing TibEd.(exhept some map-editors) :(

For Tiberian Sun or for Red Alert 2? Or for bouth? (If for Red Alert 2 : whitch - there are two pages?)

I'v downloaded : "Red Alert 2 & Yuris Revenge INI Editing Guide" , "Tiberium DeeZire" and "Red Alert 2 DeeZire"

Do I use them or other? What to do whit them? (And back to the question : How to copy a unit or a building from Tiberian Sun & Firestorm to Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge?)

Pleace , tell me what to use , how to use it and how to copy..... :pray: , becouse I don't have unlimitted time.

If it's this difficult to understand now, then you don't have a chance in hell of successfully porting a structure or unit over. It's not that hard if you THINK about it for more than 2 seconds.

What to understand? You give me one adress , told me to get something , didn't even told me did I got the right thing , althould I told you I don't know how to use those INI files and those programs you told me to get and you didn't tell me how to use them!

Stop lauphing at me and tell me what to do , pls.

XCC Utilities and DeeZire's INI Editing Guide; get them. And if you can't figure out what you need based on the names alone, then you may want to stop modding since it's obvious you're not able to think on your own.

I will not tell you how to use them, I will not give you advice, I will not tell you where to look, I will not do anything for you. I used to be that way but it becomes obvious that no one wants to do the work himself. I apologize for sounding like an ass but you need to learn on your own.

You may also want to check DCoder's site and PPM for more editing tools.

I'm simply dumbfounded at what is being asked and pretty much have to agree with Fenring. By now I have very little to recall what to edit from RA2/YR and I won't compare myself with Fenring (and about dozen others) since he's gone far beyond what I've used to do. As I've mention in other threads, Tibed is just a unit editor, that's it... end of story. If your really serious in modding you have to drop that program and expand. XCC, SHP, Voxel's, INI files and other such things needed to create your own mod may sound complex, But they really not. Coding by itself might take 4 to 8 weeks to get used depending how far your testing the limit's of the game's engine. If you or somebody you know has past knowledge of modding TS/FS, this should be an easy concept. Images that need resized, extracted, normals, turrets or whatever takes time to master. So make sure if you really want to mod this game (or any other) it's going to take patience to create your own. This could be harsh for anyone who's starting, but you will get this response for any game out there... Trust me I know. Remember some have moved on to other things such as C@C Generals, Halo2, Doom3 and other games since now RA2 is simply old news. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Actually, in the world of RA2 and YR, new things are coming out and being discovered every day... or week at least. I mean, we even have a fan-made YR patch in development that works!

Whay don't you told me you won't help me in the biginning?Do you know how many time I lose? I will do it , you don't have to do enething.Only to tell me! :evil:

Sure it isn't complex , if you have someone to tell you how to do it!!!!!But I don't know enewone who knows how to edit enething!

What that patch do and can I find it?And where?

Wow. Just wow. You didn't read anything but "I won't help you." I guessed you missed the whole LEARN ON YOUR F*CKING OWN thing. It isn't complex even if you don't know how to do it.

Do you realize how many years I've modding this game? I'm running up on 3 years now and I'm still learning new tricks and new tag combinations. You'll never stop learning or trying. Yeah, I can do the easy stuff and it would be easier to tell you what to do but that would be self-defeating. I don't want to just tell you, you need have some initiative to learn on your own.

Jeez, I have to agree with fenring 100%. Before you learn how to use Tibed, you should first use your editing skills to fix your grammar and spelling mistakes, because in the future, that might also cause you to confuse people and not get the right help.

Secondly, I have been using Tibed for 42 days, and have only asked fenring for help once, because it can also be figured out by just looking at different things and clicking different buttons to see the result! I look at what I know, and it seem's like using my tactic has gotten me farther than you already, so just do it yourself, and stop being so damn lazy! If you really get that frustrated, maybe you should just stop filling up our useless time, and try something else.

Side note to you fenring--- I actually didn't figure out what I wanted, because I knew I'd end up looking like this guy if i kept asking you the same questions, So, Thanks for what you did so far!

I don't mind answering random questions; that doesn't bother me. It's when people ask how to add a new unit or some such thing before trying on their own. I'm not explaining the whole process since it's very simple and only requires 6 steps if you're cloning a unit. >_>

Fenring : So you are doing this for my one good?????

Meat Puppet Rebellion : Don't talk about my Englich , becouse I don't remember telling I am from England or from USA...

And I wouldn't ask only one question , if someone just bothered to help me!!!

Fenring : If answering questions doesn't bother you , whay then you don't answer me?!?

And I know how to add new units , but I want to copy a unit from one game to another!!! :flamer:

Guest Rabbit

Uhh... Well, just so you know, dont listen to anything Meat Puppet Rebellion says, he has lied in other forums, and should stop talking... Either way, Fenring is answering your question, I think somehow there is something that somebody doesn't understand, whether it is you or fenring, but I doubt it is Fenring, cause he is telling you what to do. What he is saying though, is showing you how to do it, not actually doing it for you... so basically you just need to try to wing it on your own. Sorry if it is cause you don't understand what is going on, but Fenring is doing the best he can, in showing you how to do it... Hell, what am I saying? I might be completely wrong, either way, I've tried this with the instructions fenring just gave, and to be perfectly honest, ive actually succeded in doing this, so I put some stuff in, I just don't think you are understanding something...

Fenring: So you are doing this for my one good?????

Yes. If you do it without my assistance this time, you'll be less likely to need help around every corner.

Fenring: If answering questions doesn't bother you , whay then you don't answer me?!?

Believe I've made this clear enough but apparently not. Random questions (tag stuff, quick weapons questions, settings and values, etc) don't bother since they don't require a huge explanation. I gave you links to the tools you need but I will not tell you what to do.

And I know how to add new units , but I want to copy a unit from one game to another!!! :flamer:

You're adding a new unit. The process is the same regardless where it comes from.

And what about the cameos and the looks of the copied objects? I want them.

And some weapons in Red Alert 2 aren't in Tiberian Sun!

For example: Comet (Allied Prizm tank)

Are you slow or mentally deficient in some way? What the **** do I have to say to make you understand that the process of adding something new is the same regardless of source?

Well, no f*cking **** weapons from RA2 don't exist in Tiberian Sun. RA2 IS BUILT ON THE TS ENGINE!