Sign in to follow this  
phh

How to copy a unit or a building from Tiberium Sun to RA 2

RA2 IS BUILT ON THE TS ENGINE!

So , WHAT???

Guest Rabbit

RA2 is based on TS. So RA2 get's its files from TS. TS does not get anything from RA2- So, RA2's weapons do not exist in TS... Get it?

(that is what you mean, right Fenring?)

Guest Rabbit

As surprizing as it may seem, I am actually getting something out of this...

I came back to download the xcc mixer after I accidentally deleted it...

OK.

What about the other way?

Does all weapons from TS exist in RA2?

Guest Rabbit

The weapon formats and styles are in RA2, but the individual settings to build a weapon are not in it. For instance, let's say there is a disk thrower. In RA2, there is no disk to be thrown, but you could easily build one and have some guy throw it. But, you would need an animation, and you would need to format the weapon to actually bounce.

To show that Tiberian sun stuff is in RA2, notice that in the rules.ini, the rocketeer, and basically every other floating unit run on the Jumpjet rules, which is a unit from Tiberian Sun.

Also, it mainly talks about tiberium in the rules.ini, not actual ore.

To be completely honest, you can actually bring stuff like tiberium into the RA2 and Yuri's Revenge game.

OK.

What about the other way?

Does all weapons from TS exist in RA2?

Yes but that's misleading in a few ways. Some logic doesn't work anymore like the EMP cannon. Anything conventional exists though and so do *most* weapons images.

@ Hypnotist:

The Disc grenade exists in RA2. ;)

Guest Rabbit

What? What is the name?

OK.

Toes that means copying a unit from TS to Ra2 is esier than the other way?(Becose I didn't get it all.) :confused:

Guest Rabbit

wait, Isn't that what you've been trying to do the whole time?

Well, either way, copying a unit should be the same either way, cause as you said, there is no prism tank in TS,but there are no individual units such as the ORCA, or Mammoth MK in RA2... So as easy as it may be to do weapons, you still need to copy an entire unit...

The Grenade name is "Image=DISCUS" in the projectile section. [Lobbed] was the projectile used in TS I think.

Taking just about anything from TS will work. Though some editing is needed.

[AP]

Spread=3 ;Tag no longer used. CellSpread=.3 could be used in it's place.

Wall=yes

Wood=yes

Verses=25%,65%,75%,100%,60%; Not enough info for RA2

Verses=25%,25%,15%,75%,100%,100%,75%,65%,50%,80%,100%

Conventional=yes

InfDeath=3

AnimList=S_CLSN16,S_CLSN22,S_CLSN30,S_CLSN42,S_CLSN58

ProneDamage=50%

; Attack Cycle

[bIKE]

Name=Attack Cycle

UIName= This tag needs added and unit needs to be string in the CSF section

Prerequisite=NAWEAP ;or whatever you want

Primary=BikeMissile ;Would need to fix some parts of this weapon but it's still listed in the weapons section of the ini.

Category=Recon ;most RA2 units dont follow this because of WW/EA sucking at programing. Helps to change current units in RA2, this effects the AI in what it want's to build. Some AI scripting would be needed as well.

Strength=150

Armor=wood ;would need to be changed to light, medium, or heavy

Turret=no

IsTilter=yes

TechLevel=5

Sight=5

Speed=12

CrateGoodie=yes

Owner=Nod ;change owner

Cost=600

Points=25

ROT=8

Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60

VoiceSelect=25-I000,25-I002,25-I004,25-I006 ;new voice needed

VoiceMove=25-I012,25-I014,25-I016,25-I018,25-I022 ;new voice needed

VoiceAttack=25-I014,25-I022,25-I024,25-I026 ;new voice needed

VoiceFeedback=

MaxDebris=2

DebrisTypes=TIRE

DebrisMaximums=2

Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}

MovementZone=Destroyer

ThreatPosed=20 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons

DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys

Elite=HoverMissile ;Would need to fix some parts of this weapon

EliteAbilities=VEIN_PROOF ;change abilities to those of other normal RA2 units.

Then the bike's image would need to be added to the art section. so it would show up in the game. The bike's image is still there, but you won't be lucky with all the vehicles and they show up small and looking like crap. Other ways over transfering SHP's and Voxel's are needed to resize, shape, color and so on to look right in RA2

Units like the mammoth mkII and Orca ships are still in the game. You just need to activate them.

Most vehicles and buildings need their armor checked and changed among some other tags in their listing.

Guest Rabbit

I found out with tibed, you can just type the name of the weapon from another game, and it instantly copies all info onto your game, (but you still need to copy the projectile and particles... sometimes

Why Tibed doesn't save the canges?

I copy the manual list of some unit and paste it in a new , blank unit.

I press save , I go to another unit or even to another menu and then , when I go back , the manual list is empty!

Guest Rabbit

It empties it out, because there is no other information in other slots concerning the new unit you made, so it stops the unit from having blank information and screwing your game up, so you basically have to copy a unit and then cut and paste, or, as fenring said, go straight to the INI files...

Chances are, you should probably go with Fenring's Idea cause he is more experienced, and part of me is still confused with this process...

What tools?

XCC Utilities , DeeZire's INI Editing Guide , DCoder's site , PPM???

I'v dawnloaded : XCC Mod Creator , XCC Mod Launcher , XCC MIX Editor , tdeez45f , ra2deez80 , ratrul1 , Red Alert 2 DeeZire!

Do I need them?If yes , what to do?

All you really need is the XCC Mixer, nothing else is necessary unless you plan on releasing your mod.

Also:

I TOLD YOU TO GET DEEZIRE'S INI EDITING GUIDE; THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MODS!

DCoder's site is useful since he has an INI Checker and an AI writing program.

btw... tibed only reads none parced materials sometimes... that's why you can't read apache through the normal way...

Well , I gues the only thing to do is to wait for Red Alert 3 and for Empire at war! :?

All you really need is the XCC Mixer, nothing else is necessary unless you plan on releasing your mod.

Also:

I TOLD YOU TO GET DEEZIRE'S INI EDITING GUIDE; THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE MODS!

DCoder's site is useful since he has an INI Checker and an AI writing program.

lol

To show that Tiberian sun stuff is in RA2, notice that in the rules.ini, the rocketeer, and basically every other floating unit run on the Jumpjet rules, which is a unit from Tiberian Sun.

Also, it mainly talks about tiberium in the rules.ini, not actual ore.

To be completely honest, you can actually bring stuff like tiberium into the RA2 and Yuri's Revenge game.

and to add to that, ts is built on ra1 engine, so it might be possible to get a ra1 unit and import it in to ra2 as well. 8)

Guest Rabbit

The hell it is!