Sign in to follow this  
phh

How to copy a unit or a building from Tiberium Sun to RA 2

ok... to phh... if your english isn't too good, you might want to go to some site and learn how to read english better... it is for your own good because most of us mainly (if not only) speak/write english, and all of the stuff in Deezire and XCC (not sure about XCC) are in english.

If you try something or has an idea but it doesn't work, that's when you try and post on this site... because fenring basically only do that... you might want to play yr a lot more and get ideas from it. i mean if some effect you like, search for that effect.

your best friend is Copy/Paste. if you don't know that, please, like what fenring pointed out, stop modding. it is an embarrassment to us for even knowing you.

and although this site was set up by the creater of TibEd, my best suggestion is to delete it. there is bugs in it, and koen is still trying to perfect it, but if a new version comes out, you might lose your old files. also, tibed like stringer said, is purely a unit, projectille, weapon, and warhead maker. even that, there are some tags that aren't added in. this is when you want to open your ratrul1 file, get out rulemd section number 3 for the buildings, units, infantries, airplanes etc. and rulemd number 4 for the weapons, partical system, particles, warhead, projectile tags. i suggest you start there. play around with it. and if you have an idea but it doesn't seem to work, check this forum for old posts. a lot of the topics becomes repeated and such.

one tip in thinking up ideas is read stuff about military weapons (weapons as in tanks, hand held, airplanes, ships). those are where most ideas came from.

if you become very good at making new buildings, weapons, etc. and want to continue to improve your modding skills, i suggest you start on editing other parts of rulesmd.ini. it should be the biggest text file in your whole game. there is many things to try, many things to discover.

and if you ever get the message of internal error in your game, don't be discouraged. it might just mean that your idea or your way doesn't work. if you discover that, try a different way. if that still doesnt' work, come to this site and ask us out. internal errors are good lessons to learn from.

so i've told you to do a lot of things fenring didn't say. this should keep you busy for about a year or two if you're fast learner. it might be longer. good luck and have fun. one thing i should suggest you is not to over due something.. it ruins your skills a lot. i suffered from that.

one last suggestion. play other's mod. if you like an idea, try to clone it. BUT what ever you do, don't copy others as in literally, copy/paste what they typed/worked up. you will be hated a lot. at least ask them or credit them. there is no such thing as original ideas in this world really, but never take other's work and make it yours. if you do, please be ready for a very bad life. plagerism (sp?) is not tolerated in schools and the real world. stealing in most countries is illegal. don't start off stealing in modding. it will again, be an embarrassment for us that you started learning how to steal from modding.

long enough for you to read. you better read this... i'm not wasting my life just that you don't read anything

That's about what I've said this entire thread. Some people don't understand the concept of "learning on their own." I didn't get this far by asking questions every 10 minutes; I figured a lot out on my own. And if you can't do that, stop trying now. It's a waste of your time and mine if you won't help yourself.

Hell, this is a good skill for adult life too.

lol... well... you said yours in short sentences... so i decided to give him reading materials... see if he actually gets it or not..

That's about what I've said this entire thread. Some people don't understand the concept of "learning on their own." I didn't get this far by asking questions every 10 minutes; I figured a lot out on my own. And if you can't do that, stop trying now. It's a waste of your time and mine if you won't help yourself.

Hell, this is a good skill for adult life too.

Listen!

I know you tried to help me , but I'm not that good whit the English (as you may discover!) , so I don't understand everithing you say!!! :(

I still ceep what I have downloaded , so if you try to expleane again... I'll be very thanksefull! :) pls