Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

Quick question about weapons

Guest Rabbit

I was wondering... Can you use TibEd to create a flame thrower? I see the units Fenring has created in, "battlefield funness," and I was wondering if you can make flame with TibEd, or if you need another program once again...

You just need to go to the partical section and change the image of the gas from what's being used now. Some minor changes for improvement might be needed there. Such as the maxec and whatnot. The flame weapon, warhead, damage, and such all still funtion normally.

That flame weapon isn't a ParticleSystem. It's a regular weapon with an invisible projectile that has a trailer attached to it.

Guest Rabbit

Oh... The whole time I was trying to use flame particles... That just gives it the initiate effect, doesn't it...

Guest Rabbit

oh... now I get it...

Guest Rabbit

haha, here's another one...

I edited the terror drone to explode when it attacks someone... but, now, it doesn't jump when it explodes, even thought the projectile is still "jump"

Do I need to create an extra animation myself?

Guest Rabbit

Parasite is on the warhead, so I cant do Warhead:terrorbombWH and Parasite at the same time.... so does that mean I should just add them both in the INI part?

Guest Rabbit

(Ignore this post, I typed something here and then wanted to delete it but couldn't)

Yes, totally dismiss what I posted above. I was thinking of partical systems for some reason. I knew the image needed fixed since it's from TS, but forgot it has nothing to do with particles. I might have been messing with the particle logic section at the time of the post.

Since the warhead uses Suicide=yes to make the demo work, it can't attach /jumb onto the unit. If you would take the normal terror drone and add to the deathweapon the demo weapon. That way it will attack as normal and if destroyed it will blow up.

Guest Rabbit

With the flame Thrower, I figured it out and it actually does need particles. See for yourself-

[FlameThrower]

Damage=50

ROF=50

Range=4.25

Projectile=Invisible

Speed=1

Warhead=Fire

Report=Flamer ;done

MinimumRange=1

UseFireParticles=yes

AttachedParticleSystem=FireStreamSys

Burst=1

REPLACE [FireStream] IN PARTICLES SECTION WITH THIS IN RULES.INI (or using TibEd):

[FireStream]

Image=FIRE02

;Image=FLAMEALL

Deacc=0.01

Velocity=28.0

BehavesLike=Fire

MaxEC=500

MaxDC=3

Warhead=Fire

Damage=2

StartStateAI=1

EndStateAI=19

StateAIAdvance=6

Translucent50State=15

Translucent25State=10

DeleteOnStateLimit=yes

Normalized=yes

FinalDamageState=14

Report=FLAMTNK1

Guest Rabbit

Uhh... I am trying to post the screenshot, but it wont work... instead of posting a picture, it only posts the url... Is it cause I am using photo bucket, or do i need to insert tags or something?

The screenshot