Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

About Visceroids in RA2...

Guest Rabbit

There are visceroids in the RA2 TibEd file, and I know what you will say, "it's cause RA2 is based on the TS engine," But, If I could create visceroids is there any way I could link them up to this and have them running, er... umm... slithering around?

I don't think the Visceroid logic works in RA2. You can have them in there but I don't think they can merge into one like in TS.

Guest Rabbit

I had the feeling something like that would come out of it... oh well, I'll just stick to Player controlled visceroids then...

But, here's a similar question... I downloaded tiberium files off of that yuri's revenge argentina website, and it gave me a bunch of files with just different types of tiberium ,and I don't know where to put them...

Could you help me out with that? Or... should I just not do that either?

Guest Rabbit

So, I put the files directly into my RA2/Yuri's Revenge folder?

Guest Rabbit

I just shoved it all into the RA2 folder (which might take a while to get rid of, unless YR cleanup works...) And here's what i got... but for some reason images wont post so i will use a link to the image

Tiberium in YR

Guest Rabbit

Well, I have no Idea, but I think it is just, "run around and attack all enemies..."

(I don't think that would fit into the INI files correctly though...)

The logic is tell the computer when two small visceroids combine they turn into a large visceroid. It also reads for infantry and how they transmorgifies into a visceroid.

Other such logic is randomly appearing visceroids going to occur. Though the logic does not work like fenring said. But I can't remember if this had to do with the game needing new art for it to get any effect at all.

They will attack anything within their GuardRange as they are moving around. Since they move pretty fast they will attack often. They are set on aggressive and might be attracted to infantry.

Guest Rabbit

Yeah, well, what I wanted to do, is try to have random units such as tanks or certain soldiers take the role of the visceroid, so, is there any way to make say, a copy of a gi, run around and just attack randomly? Not really transforming into a glob, but turning the enemy into neutral, and to make the atacked unit run around just like the visceroid?

Visceroid is from TS. It was a being mutated from the harmful effects of the Tiberium Ore. Some Visceroids only harmed you if you entered their area. The larger Visceroids went on a rampage

Certain civilians already have this function. The Texan Cowboy being one, using his Pistola. Ever play an on some maps and get attacked by neutral units? If you randomly place units on a map just double click on them and make sure they guard the area and not asleep. Triggers can also be used this way.

ahh... ok.. are they those weird blob thingy in TS? not sure... me don't like them a whole lot..

Guest Rabbit

Yes, they are those "wierd blob thingy's"

Yeah, well, what I wanted to do, is try to have random units such as tanks or certain soldiers take the role of the visceroid, so, is there any way to make say, a copy of a gi, run around and just attack randomly? Not really transforming into a glob, but turning the enemy into neutral, and to make the atacked unit run around just like the visceroid?

Well, it might be possible if you don't mind having the resulting unit become a Brute or something like it. You'd need YR and a new mutation weapon.

Guest Rabbit

I should probably just stick to the visceroids on TS...

Guest Rabbit

Ok, so basically, I just make any unit "run around and attack sh**" without linking it to anything related to visceroids?

guard area... and aggressive... i think that should work... not sure if you need tags