Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rabbit

I just played a very good game online.

Guest Rabbit

Ok. Here's how it started. I don't recall the name of the map, because it was an unnoficcial map. This map had lots of mountains, and buildings here and there. What happened Is I played a 1 on 1 game with another person, and we decided to do no-rush. We both played as America, and It was pretty interesting with the tactics we used, because at first, we focused primarily on paratroopers, just for the fun of it.

Without rushing at first, he sent in like 3 rounds of paratroopers to wait for me on top and bottom of my base (three rounds on top, and three on bottom). So, I decided to build seals to sit in front of my base.

There were a few buildings around my base also, so I decided to put GI's in the buildings and then put some two seals behind each one to hide and wait, (we both had the "see hidden objects" button off.

He ended up getting smart though and found a way to bring in some tanks through to the area, so I built a tanya, and thought of the best place to put her, on the top, or on the bottom?

Meanwhile, I built two more seals, and three engineers, and put them into a chopper, and then I built 4 spies and a chrono legionnaire and put them into another.

He really got prepared somewhat cause he just started building rocketeers like everyone else does in online games, so I thought, oh crap, I forgot to build base defences.

I sent the two helicopters to the middle of the map, then I went north and east (i was in the west), and I put the helicopters on the top right, while waiting for my Patriots to build, along with GGI's and IFV's, but I was running out of money... fast.

He decided to move his GI's in to attack, but first he used tanks to get my GI barrikaded buildings into the red section. Then, as they killed my GI's, I moved my hidden Seals closer, and moved tanya to the top, where my GI's had killed less tanks, and needed more aid.

I used my Seal to kill off most of the enemy GI's at the bottom, but then he was killed, so i moved the one in front of my base to help. Since Tanya was busy with tanks up north, the enemy GI's ended up killing her, and then I forgot to move the seal in, so he killed a few before being killed himself. There were also three tanks left up north, and just 1 down south.

I moved my GI's (very few due to budget cuts lol) up north, and decided to sell a few pillboxes to make more for the south.

Bad Idea

The enemy had put a another paradrop down south while the attack was running and the one tank killed my other seal. The southern GI's moved up north and destroyed my two prism towers and war factory.

They then proceded to attack my IFV's while my GGI's were busy up north. Then he noticed I was weak so he moved his rocketeers towards my base.

Remember the helicopters with the spies and engineers? Since the rocketeers left, I managed to get a spy into his power while he was busy watching the western front (lol), and then I got the helicopters to move right into his base.

With production slowed, I had enough time to get an engineer into one of his two barracs and into one of his war factories, and one was ready. I had more spies ready to infiltrate power, so I had the Seals run up and destroy the prism towers that he had, and then I got the Chrono legionairre to attack the construction yard. With this, I got the engineer to take the repair bay so he couldn't build another one.

Now it was a race. His rocketeers managed to destroy my power, but with my IFV's to protect air attacks and my one seal left for GI attacks, I tried fending off my base.

It was a race to destroy each others base.

I ordered my seals do destroy whatever they could, but then I forgot about one thing, the air pad. He was busy building seals of his own. He got two, and they destroyed what I captured, but luckily I killed both and he only killed one of my seals.

I then destroyed his refinery and barracks. And then his air field.

I had a few power plants, a barracks (still building GGI's), and my refinery.

He had one power plant, two patriot missiles, and a war factory.

I quickly got the chrono legionnaire to get rid of one patriot missile, and got the seal to destroy the war factory and power plant.

Then my barracs and refinery were destroyed.

Bad thing was, the chrono legionnaire was taking a while and the two patriots were on opposite sides of his destroyed base. I knocked out one, and he destroyed my last power plant. I huddled all my units around the last one, and realized I had an engineer from my MCV they destroyed.

I put it next to the power plant and waited for them to begin destroying it.

They got it to red, and I put the engineer in, and my chrono legionnaire finished his job.

I won.

Guest Rabbit

Anybody else have games you want to post?

I remember a real good game I played in TS FS. On that little map with the bridge connecting both bases to each other.. Long story short the other guy had a hack or something cause he didn't have to worry about the tech tree and money issues.. Any way 40 minutes in and after a large number of failed attacks I managed to form a counter attack and ended destorying his base.

But the bastard being a bastard did that stupid DC hack thingey and the game timed out. But I still beat him. And so thats all that mattered. Huh. :P

Map: Country Swing (2-4)

Players: Fenring (Libya) vs R_Seriouz (Yuri's Army)

Position: bottom left (me), top right (RS)

The game began as usual; I built a power plant, then my Barracks, then a pair of dogs for scouting. I easily found his base and he had a Brute, which owned dog #1. I ordered up an Airfield, which put me a little behind schedule; slapped a pair of MiGs down on that. I trained an Engineer, hoping to catch his Con Yard while he wasn't looking. Needless to say, that Engineer never made it. Meanwhile, RS is getting assloads of Brutes to defend his base, which, consequently, ate up his economy. I plopped down another Refinery and then my War Factory. I pumped out a few Flak Tracks to stop a Brute rush; then I laid down my Radar.

And during this, he's STILL getting Brutes, by the truckloads. I order up a Demo Truck to be mean. And he's still getting Brutes. I blindly sent my Demo Truck between his radar and war factory. Then boom, I wiped out his war factory, refinery, a barracks and a power plant with one swift blast. I built a few more Tracks in case of an all out rush, then a pair of Demo Trucks.

The first Demo Truck arrives, which I promptly send to his conglomeration of Brutes. He still has power and a radar so he saw my attack and tried to move his men away, but I followed them and BOOM!, out goes his army. There are a few survivors, and much to my surprise, he starts attacking his own Construction Yard. I can't have that so I use my third Demo Truck to kill the stragglers and obliterate his radar. He still has a few guys left, more specifically 2 Initiates and a Brute. I swiftly killed the Brute and 1 Initiate with my pair of MiGs.

And finally, I used my pile of Flak Tracks to finish the job. All in all in, a very humorous game.

Guest Rabbit

I like that... using a demo truck to destroy his "conglomeration" of brutes...

did anyone ever notice that the rad from the demo truck lasts about 2 sconds then vanishes? Whereas the other rad type stuff lingers for a while

Guest Rabbit

that's cause it's supposedly like a "mini" weapon, but yeah, you are right, it should last longer...

good, now make an official patch that fixes that, along with the weak GGI missiles against buildings, and lower the GGI missile damage against vehicles, fix the Elite Flak weapon bug, and everything else that is wrong with the game :D

@ Cygnus:

YR 1.002 UMP. :roll:

@ Crystal_sword:

When a Flak Trooper becomes elite, its damage per shot goes from 20 to 8.

When a Flak Track/Sea Scorpion become elite, their AA weapons lose range.

Guest Rabbit

I only wonder what was going through the guy's head who made the damage and range do that...

@ Cygnus:

YR 1.002 UMP. :roll:

@ Crystal_sword:

When a Flak Trooper becomes elite, its damage per shot goes from 20 to 8.

When a Flak Track/Sea Scorpion become elite, their AA weapons lose range.

a new patch ?? Must a been sleepin when they released it or something. Thanks for the notice>

EDIT : i hope you people read this as i spent a while typing it up

Game : generals (not really RA2 or YR but still a c&c game)

Starting Time - Yesterday at 3:00 pm

Ending Time - Today 10:00 am

Map - 4 Rich Comp by noobiepie [an AWESOME map for testing your worth on generals :wink: ]

Opponents - a SERIOUS pro an above average player and 2 noobs

Allies - my new buddy WHICH SUCKED our own pro and an average player

Resources : 4 oil each for my allies and 20+ :? for the enemy and 1 refinery

well i me and our pro knew what to do immediately and build right infront of their entrance so they couldnt get out. i took caution and buld a little bit behind the entrance so they wouldnt see me. the average player started to turn his base into a fortress and my new buddy, les call him stupid, saw what i was doing and decided to do the same thing.

TOO LATE! :P

they were on to us and decided to go for the weaker person. so after 5 miutes of his base getting raped my buddy quit and left me his oil derricks and money and USA base(the enemy had about 15 and a refinery each and we had 4 each no refinery)

they tehey moved down in formation as to not go in a line [acerz 8) ]and attacked the average player head on. not 1 tank made it through. well the enemy soon realized they had more rom since they annihilated my buddys space and started to build air fields 10s of em.

average took note of this and artillery barrage their @$$ as to prevent this and secure the space with overlords. the enemy USA already made tons of auroras and put them on his allys airfields so he could make more.

they attacked his command center and all his dozers. took out his power and sent in more tanks and nuk cannons to finish the job. whereas he saw opportunity for the remaining forces to win and surrenderd. giving us all his money.

meanwhile i was finishing up with my noob and captured his GLA base. now seeing as i had all 3 sides i started making 3 lines of 2 war factories of each side going down and started mass producing the MBTsd [NOTE : i was smart enough to make a nuk asap and spend money on the upgrades instead of overlords] i had an attacking army of 180 tanks ready, put them in formation and sent em in to secure my noobs space only.

the pro had his hand full with the abv player and noob. then he started complaining that he had no money and spent it all on overlords to fortify his line of defense and quit :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

we woulda won if he hadnt quit. but i guess i wouldnt if he hadnt either :P

right after that my nuk was 5 seconds form being ready for launch and 4 auroras come out of the blue and destroy it 8) :shock: :shock: wha? wha happened?

so i was really pissed and ordered the construction of 2 of each supew weapon and millions of tanks and quads. i sent in my original 180 steel batalion to rape their noobs base where they were confronted with screen fulls of crusaders and battlemasters :shock:

it was the coolest thing i have ever seen.

seeing this threat i made more factories to send reenforcments to my dying force when the abv player saw what i had with his detention camp and started saying how they were gonna win. dumass i immediately sent in all my helis to get rid of one opponent.

they had not made their own SW seeing as how i destroyed their oils with my auroras. 2 of them :lol: and it was about 11 hours since we started playing so i had a farely large ammount of helis and distraction helis (transports filed with 1 ranger each to capture all i could) to barely get rid of 1 opponent.

pro and noobie are left. noobie quit for some reason and was too stupid to surrender. to leave his stuff fighting my tanks. i sent in dozers to start making bunkers and a command center where his base was. when they were greeted by pro's own helis and wiped out before they could finish.

but i did manage to capture a refinery as i was running out of money to make tanks and sw (they kept getting destroyed by auroras and a combination of A-10s and fuel air bombs)i was gathering LARGE force to the north-west when i saw A-10s coming toward them. saw this and put my raptors on stand by. 1 got through and destroyed 3% of my force :lol:

ownage time!!!!...? not really. i saw he was doing the same thing and had tanks comparable to mine bu no helis :lol:

so i proposed we do an armaggedon senario where we gathered our all of our fighting units in the middle and attacked each other on the count of 3. done deal. :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: it was EXTREMELY impressive!!!!!! :wink: :clap: WW3 indeed :wink:

im still drooling thinking about it.

back to the story ..... lesse ... oh yeah. since we used up all our tanks and he was killing me with a small focre he had transported by chinook into my base. i had a few helis left and he had basically no AA so i attacked his power and then his command center. no more radar. then all that remained.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

im shure i took a screen shot of the bigginig stages of this. i will look for it and post it.

Dude, watch the replay, and post some screenies of the tank battle.

Man, I can hardly build 40 tanks B4 my comp starts to lag real bad.

Guest Rabbit

Now, I haven't played that game, but as a person stuck on RA2 and TS, I think that that is a long ass game! I don't know if that is supposed to be short, but, well, for me that is a long game... 17 hours?!?

yeah, my Generals useually freezes by 6 hours (if I even play that long)

Now, I haven't played that game, but as a person stuck on RA2 and TS, I think that that is a long ass game! I don't know if that is supposed to be short, but, well, for me that is a long game... 17 hours?!?

it was an estimate :wink:

i know that because my favorite shows are on at those times.

and we all had good PCs

looking back at it.

i took some bad screenshots yet again

they didnt capture the intensity of the fight

Guest Rabbit

Still sounds like it was good though... my mom wouldn't allow me to stay on the computer for 6 hours...

I dont htink I would want to play Generals for 17 hours. ZH maybe (if I had it)