Sign in to follow this  
Niroth

some questions on tibed 2 (zero hour) ANSWER THIS QUIK!

1. how do i create a new team, if not possible just tell me how to rename a current team

2. how do i create generals for that team (i want 5 generals for this team)

3. how do i transfer units/keep this teams unit page empty (no current units just new 1s

4. how do i create a new color?

5. how do i select music for this team?

6. ( if possible) make it so that on the internet your opponent doesnt need this mod for me to play as this team?

now answer these FAST im getting frusterated! (u dont need to answer all of them)

Guest Rabbit

Woah... slow down...

You can't create new teams with TibEd. At least with TibEd 1.6... but isn't it the same for TibEd 2?

1. how do i create a new team, if not possible just tell me how to rename a current team

It is GeneralsData.ini... but I cannot remember if TibEd 2 edits this. Do not do a new team, see question 3.

3. how do i transfer units/keep this teams unit page empty (no current units just new 1s

Best not make a new side just yet. Try changing an existing side first. Making a new side can literally take days, and you can't do it with TibEd.

4. how do i create a new color?

Don't know

6. ( if possible) make it so that on the internet your opponent doesnt need this mod for me to play as this team?

Not with TibEd. There's some map.ini stuff but nobody uses it because you cannot add new units then.

can't create/rename teams?! that's obsurd! ive seen mods create new teams all the time! and how come u dont know how to creae colors?! you made it!

Guest Rabbit

Hey, don't start ragging on Koen. He may have made TibEd, but it can't change everything.

For one, Changing team names can require more than just Ini files, which is what tibed mainly edits. You may have seen team changes on downloaded mods, but that requires a lot more than TibEd.

For colours:

TibEd changes Units, Art.ini, buildings, rules, ... basically a lot. Koen can forget things, and still, colours of each individual thing is hard to edit. Don't go complaining to Koen if you don't like what he has done, because you probably couldn't do half as good as that. You should be thanking him for trying to help.

It isn't obsurd. You are. You need a whole lot more than TibEd, and it is pretty buggy to do sometimes.

Guest Rabbit

Oh, and admins/modderators... sorry if I went too far with that flame...

ah, i understand its just, why not make tibed 2 as easy as tibed 1? ( im not asking for a flame) i made great mods with tibed but i can barely understand tibed 2!

Guest Rabbit

Well, what can you expect? Different engine, different settings. :roll:

Well, to settle the problem:

1. To rename the current name of the side, just edit the Generals.csf strings. And you can modify the string with TibEd 2, jsut take a look at the string folder. While to add new sides, it requires more skill, and you can't do it using TibEd2 as far as I know, you will need to edit it manually via notepad.

2. Same with number 1, you will need to edit manually. And I think editing ZH manually is far easier than using TibEd.

3. Copy the unit you want, and then change the copied one with new settings. Like new Side, Prerequisites, etc to make it work with the other faction.

4. You can't do it via TibEd, you will need to change the value of the color in GameSetting.ini or something I forgot, it use the RGB value, change it to whatever you want, you can only modify the existing one, afaik.

5. This one is surely can't be done with TibEd2. you will need to change the script of SkirmishScript via WorldBuilder. In the script, go to "neutral" folder and create or modify the existing one. Pick the track list, and set for whose side the new script is.

6. You can't, if you are playing player vs player in the net, both player must have the same game setting. Your opponent must have your mod too.

If you still have question just ask, I might still can help you some eventough since WR down I don't do any ZH coding anymore.