Sign in to follow this  
Saracen

Look at what I found EA Haters!!

Here's a lyrical change to Green Day's - Boulevard of Broken Dreams... I find it some what amusing, but it's probably because I was bored ;)

We walk a lonely road

The only one that We have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to us and we walk alone

We walk this empty street

On Lincoln Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where Command & Conquer sleeps

and we’re the only one’s and we walk alone

We walk alone

We walk alone

We walk alone

We walk a...

Westwood’s shadow's the only one that walks beside us

The shallow community the only thing that's beating

Sometimes We wish Petroglyph will find us

'Til then we walk alone

Ah-ah, EA, Ah-ah, EA,

Ah-ah, EA, Ah-ah

We are walking down the line

That divides me somewhere in my mind

On the EA line

Of the edge and where we walk alone

Read between the lines

EA’s ****ed up and everything's alright

Check our vital signs

To know the community’s still alive and we walk alone

We walk alone

We walk alone

We walk alone

We walk a...

Sometimes we wish Petroglyph will find us

'Til then we walk alone

Ah-ah, EA, Ah-ah, EA

Ah-ah, EA

We walk alone

We walk a...

We walk this empty street

On Lincoln Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Where C&C sleeps

And we’re the only ones and we walk a...

Sometimes we wish Petroglyph will find us

'Til then we walk alone

To those not in the know, Lincoln Boulevard is the road where EALA is..

Whoever made that up had a lot of time on their hands :lol: but sadly, it's true in more than one way :(

Jeez King... :haha: You must've been bored if you did that. :wink:

Guest MadBadger

I despise people who Dispise People who Dispise people who Dispise EA :lol:

and as for king...... betta not.... ill just start ranting on about HOW FOOKIN DUMB MY IPOD IS AND WHY THE FOOK ITS KILLED ITSSEFLF THE PICE OF METALIC CRAP......

With people who hate EA, what games do they play? Do they play RA2? Generals? Do they play Sims or Sim City? These are all EA games. What about waiting expentently for the next C&C? That will be an EA game. If you enjoy sports then EA has that well and truely covered as well, with the exception of the ESPN series and the odd sports title they have that market well and truely cornered. Medal of Honor? James Bond? They are EA. In fact I think the number of games that are EA has jumped from one in four to one in three, and that is probably why people hate them so much, they get infected with what is known as tall poppy syndrome.

Lyrics are slightly amusing. But it doesn't fit the melody of the song in some parts :?

General Leang, just because we like games made by people we bought out doesn't mean we have to like EA :wink:

It seems a little silly though, to hate the company that makes all the games you love. In fact it reminds me of a very patriotic comment from The Simpsons.

"So burn the flag if you must! But before you do, you better burn a few other things: You better burn your shirt and your pants! Be sure to burn your TV and car. Oh yes, and don't forget to burn your house, because none of those things could exist without six red stripes, seven white stripes, and a hell of a lotta stars!"

With people who hate EA, what games do they play? Do they play RA2? Generals? Do they play Sims or Sim City? These are all EA games. What about waiting expentently for the next C&C? That will be an EA game. If you enjoy sports then EA has that well and truely covered as well, with the exception of the ESPN series and the odd sports title they have that market well and truely cornered. Medal of Honor? James Bond? They are EA. In fact I think the number of games that are EA has jumped from one in four to one in three, and that is probably why people hate them so much, they get infected with what is known as tall poppy syndrome.

I only EA games I have are the C&C games. Because I have to own all the C&C's, I love C&C, but not the company. I despise you too non-EA haters.

All my ps2 games are Smuggler's Run 2(Rock Star), Star Wars BattleFront(Lucas Arts), Midnight Club Racing 3 DUB Edition(Rock Star), Ace Combat 4&5(Namco).

My PC games: Yes, I admit, I do follow the Sim Cities, they do that good. But all the rest are either Microsoft games(Pissing off the Microsoft haters now too), Sierra, Infogrames, and Global Star Software. Airport Tycoon rocks my socks. ;) I hate Metal Of Honor and the James Bond games. :wink:

You ever heard of the saying "deed not the breed"? What it means is that, okay, there are Muslim terrorists but that does not mean that all Muslims are bad. Same deal here. Just because you hate some of the games a compant makes does not mean everything they touch turns to rubbish. I would think C&C King would love the wrestling games, yet ten years ago THQ were infamous for making the shoddiest games imagineable.

As for all the blind "EA sUx0rs, EA sUx0rs, EA sUx0rs" stuff, well we know that people who say that love some of the games they make, so why do they believe that the company who makes the games suck? The only reason I can think of is because they are upset over them purchasing Westwood, and that really is the way of the world. If something is successful then it will be bought up and the people behind the idea become more profitable than they ever could have on their own.

THQ made the two Red Faction games..they were awsome.. :wink:

But yes you're right, it annoys me to great ends when people say, "ZMOG TD WAS THE BEST GME BECUASE ALL OTHER CNC WAS MADE BY EA AND THAT MADE THEM SUCK LOLOLZ!"

:roll: Stupid fools. I remember about a month back when I picked up TD from a store, the manager there was one of those people: He only liked the original CnC and Red Alert because it was made by Westwood solely, and because all the other games were somehow directly involved with EA, they sucked.

It's funny how that, being the manager of a gaming store, he failed to realise that when large companies buy into small successful companys, it's better off for both companies in the long run.

Had Westwood still been by itself, I don't think they would've lasted long, mainly because of the competition in the gaming industry these days.

I have a long and detailed memory, and yes while Red Faction had recieved rave reviews, THQ also made a Ren & Stimpy game that scored something like 31 out of 100, and Wayne's World earned a lowly 17. Of course the King of Fighters games have stumbled as well, with the early Fatal Fury game copping one of the lowest scores I can remember, 13.

It's funny how that, being the manager of a gaming store, he failed to realise that when large companies buy into small successful companys, it's better off for both companies in the long run.

Had Westwood still been by itself, I don't think they would've lasted long, mainly because of the competition in the gaming industry these days.

That's debatable, but yes, assuming you're right, I'm very glad EA bought out Westwood, helping to continue the tradition of great games :P

lol.. This is like the first time I've read someone say something nice about EA in ages... :haha: It won't last though...

That's debatable, but yes, assuming you're right, I'm very glad EA bought out Westwood, helping to continue the tradition of great games :P

You're wrong in my opinion, it stopped it dead in it's tracks.... We are almost 3 years without a new C&C game to grace our Hard disk... this is hardly tradition...it's a farce, and I for one am very pi***d off about it! :evil:

lol.. This is like the first time I've read someone say something nice about EA in ages... :haha: It won't last though...

Spoke too soon... :wink:

You're wrong in my opinion, it stopped it dead in it's tracks.... We are almost 3 years without a new C&C game to grace our Hard disk... this is hardly tradition...it's a farce, and I for one am very pi***d off about it! :evil:

Oh lighten up King. :P

At least there's one in the works. I'm quite happy with YR and Zero Hour, and they'll last me a good while yet. Good things take time, and I'm sure EA, even though they're considered 'evil' and such (:roll:), they'll bring out something which we will enjoy. :nod:

Plus, we still have EaW to look forward too. :P

Yea, we might have to start depending much more on Petroglyph soon....

Guest MadBadger

come on who here ISNT going to get EAW? and if you do will it beccome your main online RTS untill this 'in the works' CnC?

lol.. This is like the first time I've read someone say something nice about EA in ages... :haha:

EA deserve big, big old school points for, in the NBA Street games, the announcer will sing the theme to SWAT when you block a shot. How I laughed when I first heard it. :D