Sign in to follow this  
Sonic

8 Years Later and the CNCNZ.com Machine Rolls On | 13/10/05

TiberianSun.Net.NZ, TSNNZ, Command & Conquer NZ, CNCNZ and now CNCNZ.com, whatever you want to call it. About eight years ago I started a small web site with no idea on what I was doing, eight years later and I still have no clue... I think I'm starting to get the hang of the Webmaster thing now. Seriously though, this month CNCNZ.com celebrates it's 8th year online. We have seen so much happen over the years, sites the have come and gone and then come back only to disappear once again, the demise of the once great Westwood Studios, we have seen the C&C franchise evolve and move to 3D only to grind to screaming halt today. And through it all the one thing that has never really changed is CNCNZ.com, yes we've had different names, different layouts and many staff changes, but its still the same attitude and professionalism that we have always used since day one. I invite you to share your memories of CNCNZ.com's early days, the community or just what C&C means to you as a fan in this WebWire forum thread.

CNCNZ.com The Eight Year C&C Community Veteran!

And a month from now, November 12th 1997... I popped on the scene as Area101, visiting Sonic's web-site constantly from that day. Although it was actually another year or so before I made myself known.. I was there.

I must admit, these were great times to be in the community. We had updates and news flying out of our ears **sighs** I truly miss it. :cry:

8 years is truly something we can be proud of here... No site apart from the Den can boast such endurance in the community. I will say, that over the last 8 years, we still rock!! :D

wow

8 years. Ive been goin here for 2 years now, been ana active member for almost 1

i love this place. Keep on going !!!!! :D:D

I haven't even been here a year and I feel like I've been here a long time.

Here's hoping that CNCNZ.com will stick around for another 8 years. Keep it up Sonic!

Congrats Sonic and crew both past and present I suppose.

Since we seem to be comparing time spent here for whatever reason.. I joined up on the cncnz forums back in 2002. :P

If anyone hasn't read it before, all 8 years of the site's history is recapped here http://www.cncnz.com/site/history.shtml

I have updated that page and fixed a few errors, add some colour to make it easier to read as well.

Nice :P

(though I dont see anything about previously hosted sites, like that Emperor thingy)

oh...

...and interviewed former many of the Westwood staff who are now based at...

Typo alert!

I decided not include details about hosted/network sites in the history. I do mention our original ones but not our more recent sites. I should probably work them all in there I guess.

Fixed the typo.

:clap: Very nice job.

This one's on me.

drink.gif

nice smiley

Sonic-put that in the smiler database. and the Returning to Zee topic one too

you should make a specialf CNCNZ smiley.

Congrats, guys! Eight years is a great achievement and I hope it will last much, much more :). Keep up the great job! I hope to see CNCNZ celebrating the C&C 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th Anniversary :P...

Gracious Congratulations to the Community Veterans. Keep up the good work with the site and I'm sure everyones going to try their best to keep your site and forums the most interesting in the Community.

Guest Rabbit

Well... here it is... The 8th year...

I wish we could party somehow... :oops:

I've already done my fair share of partying...I don't need to party anymore...lol...

Let's make it a big Tenth Anniversary when the time comes, shall we?

Well Im celebrating. 4 day weekend and I just got ZH !!!!!!!

:crazyguy: :bouncer:

Well Im celebrating. 4 day weekend and I just got ZH !!!!!!!

:crazyguy: :bouncer:

He looks happy

well yeah. I've had Generals for 1.5 years, ZH is even older than that, and I finally got it. Now I can be unleft out i nthe ZH discussions. Not htat I was in the first place :wink: but ya know how that goes.

Generals released Feb 2003

Zero Hour released Sep 2003

Generals is older than Zero Hour since Zero Hour is the expansion and requires Generals to run :wink:

I was saying that Zh has been out longer than I have owned Generals

scuse my grammar :wink: