Sonic

Against Rushes

Guest Rabbit

Bah! I wish my articles were longer-looking!

Anyway, there is a little asterisk next to the work multiplay.

*Note I only play Yuri's Revenge on multiplay

Very very well written though, Hypnotist. :D

I agree wholeheartedly. It's especially frustrating, now that Grand Cannon Crawling has gone out of phase, Seige Chopper Crawling has replaced it. I remember one game where myself, Cygnus, Z and some other guy were playing. The "Other Guy" (I who I shall now refer to as "Retard") never did anything -but- build Seige Choppers. :roll: While it isn't exactly a rush, trying to add strategy to yet another "Whoever has the most, wins" game was met with a wall of artillery fire.

Although, his Anti-Air Defences, as always, were lacking. So a swift air assault of Black Eagles did his ConYard in. I think he left after that. :haha: Cygnus or Z can vouche for that.

i see air rushes, particularly rocketeer rushes a LOT less lately.

usually one player on the team is iraq so there is plenty of flak.

also, flak bfs are really good. load one up with 5 flak troops and use in your mix of tanks that you are rushing with.

air rushes shouldnt surprise you because you can hear large groups of rocketeers/girovs/choppers gathering. just hover over the map various places.

Guest Rabbit
also, flak bfs are really good. load one up with 5 flak troops and use in your mix of tanks that you are rushing with.

The point is not to rush.

True, though a single Battle Fortress loaded with Flak Troopers would make a great Anti-Air defence.

But yes, you're right, Hypno. Did you even read the article, Mudcrutch? The point here is -not- to rush at all. :roll:

Rock

Paper

Scissors

Are we going to go down this path again?

Guest Rabbit
Rock

Paper

Scissors

Are we going to go down this path again?

Oh god. You're right! :lol:

i understand the article, but you still need to know how to defend against various rushes and attacks. they are going to happen whether or not there is an article against them. ! lol..

this is why i may do a guide to YR online:

http://forums.cncnz.com/viewtopic.php?t=4216

people are still confused about what a rush is, courtesy rules, etc.

Hypno, what you described is not a rush. What you described is overloaded n00bness. A true rush is very difficult to execute and one misstep throws everything off, which is why it is so devastating... to both sides.

It takes huge amounts of time and resources to build these big armies of which you speak. A REAL rush comes before the 5 minute mark and usually consists of about 7 to 10 tanks. My best record comes with 4 Rhinos in under 4 minutes. If a rush fails, the rusher is dead. His economy will be seriously drained from the early resource consumption...

Hard to do... when you talk anti-rush, define it more specifically, instead of being so vague about it.

What you described is overloaded n00bness.

Unfourtunatly mate, that's what YR is about these days. :( People do not know how to plan and execute rushes at all, they just assume that saying "NO RUSHES 15 MIN!!!!111" while building up a mass amount of Prism Tanks is a rush.

A true rush is very difficult to execute and one misstep throws everything off, which is why it is so devastating... to both sides.

Yes, most definatly.

Guest Rabbit

Haha, that's a good way to play it.

And, yes, I can agree with it being n00by. I have seen some pretty well thought out small task force rushes. But, When I say rush in this context, I don't mean rush as in, earlier start to the battle, I meant it as an overpowerment of force. Unreasonable force.

An anti-rush, as I understand it Fen, is someone constructing just as many tanks to possibly rush you or counter you so you can't perform the rush on them. It acts as a deterrant as much as a defence.

You can counter by being just as fast but it all depends on the skills of the players, map and starting location. There are some maps that lend themselves to the fast attack and some that don't... All depends on the situation.

But yes, you could certainly counter a rush with the same amount of tanks.

Rush = Skill

If you cannot defend against a rush, well, too bad eh?

I like rushing, it ends it quick, I hate playing 2-3 hour games on Zero Hour.

If you really cannot defend against rushes with tanks, build defences like hell.(This was easier to do in Red Alert 1 :P)

When I rush, I don't destroy their whole base, I like to stretch it out, first I attack their money source, then leave them to have to sell alot of things(mostly defences alot of the time) then once they sell their defences I rush them again, if that fails, I have been taking all the other resources on the map so I am rich, they are poor. :)

Rush = Skill

If you cannot defend against a rush, well, too bad eh?

What do you mean by rush???

do you mean it as Fenring described it or just building a lot of rocketeers/infantry, etc...at the very beginning

'cause if you're thinking of rushing as the second way you=n00b :roll:

I mean building a large tank division.(I rush on ZH always)

I never rush with inf.

I am not a noob, I say, if you can't defend, too bad.

Guest Rabbit

Guys, we saw what happened on Acerz article thread, don't turn this into another flame war please.

Flaming wars are not something I think we need in here.

Rushing is something of a skill, as Soviet said. If you can manage your resources well enough to be able to rush an enemy, then you deserve to inflict some damage. If you can manage your resources to defend just aswell against a rush, that makes the game more interesting. The most interesting games of ZH I have had, have been ones where the fighting is almost constant from the onset.

If you want flaming, take it to MSN or something. :roll: Not here, kthanx.