Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Rodney McKay

Eagle Red: Yuri's Revenge?

To tell the truth

Eagle Red MOD has too many Vehicles to build

Which is not good

But i still have it

Sorry to let you find out that the Mod is gone. It's been over two years now since it's death. The main reason is that Eagle wanted to move on and make his own games. Sure there were other reasons. But the interest to mod ER on the unstable game engine just took over. For it's time it was a good mod.

http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/ is one place where some of the forum members have branched off from EagleRed.Net. But with a dying fan base for the game, and other personal stuff going on, even they won't be around for long.

Juz came back from the forum..

Only thing i have to say is

WTF?

The forum is lagging,very dark,lagging and lagging

DeeZire!!!

DeeZire!!!

CannisRules juz suck.

The thing juz adds too little units..

And all the improvements goes to Soviet

Yuri has not been modified at all!

DeeZire Rocks!!!!

Besides DeeZire is going to complete

RA2:YR DeeZire 8.5

Should be next year

But the DeeZire forum is not so good

lately there was an newer version of it is has china and japan in stead of yuri

verry cool those kmikazi planes

and all those buiilding he made

still dont know where i downloaded it :?

to bad yust look at eagle red 2.0 on google it think he wil find something :wink:

Why do people play Eagle Red? It just plain sucks. :|

Yeah it adds too many units which makes you to buy them all which sucks.....

CannisRules suk even more!!

CannisRules is a great mod. While I don't particularly care for the creator, it's still a great mod. It adds just enough spice to YR to make it fun without going overboard on useless junk DeeZire and Eagle Red.

what it doesnt suck

In the beginning ER was never about balance and you should know that Fenring. There were so many mods out there that depended to being balanced or realistic, unlike the early versions of ER. The later versions changed this trend. 1.8 removed and reshaped what the final was going to be. Though some have played the 2.0 beta, which contain the storyline of the Asian Alliance. This simply replaced Yuri with a new army. The main reason I suppose most liked the mod was it was simple and stable. Many mods back then and now have a different outlook. I comes down to the peoples tastes. Some like ER more and some don't. Some go for realism some don't. Every mod is different and has it's own fans.

what it doesnt suck

Face it people it sucked bad.

If I have to post a new topic voting people's favourite MODs I will do it.

I've to agree with fenring.

It was not balanced.

mods that are not balanced are not worth playing... and mods that is so f***ing slow are not worth playing... that's why when i'm trying to make my drone mod, i'm blending it with the ra2 normal units and what they are expected to do... cost, damage, speed, all that... i even made a little system (although i forgot to add a few factors) that quotes the cost of the unit based on what it has... umm... i've been playing the yuri's new terror armageddon mod... it has a pretty good touch to it... the ai sucks... but try it out... i think it's relatively balanced... maybe a few too much units that's all... besides... what's considered too little new units for a mod, and what's considered too much for a mod? i was wondering about that for a while now... maybe slightly off topic...

There's no such thing as too little. The best mods, for me anyway, make relatively few additions but moderate additions are fine too if the additional forces don't overshadow an existing unit.

Too much is generally excessive addition of forces that serve no real purpose other than being superpowered and unbeatable or fulfilling a role that some other unit should perform. If you add the word "advanced" to a unit, it's probably not a good idea to add.

The whole thing about modding is balance. If your mod doesn't have any sort of balance to it, it's not very good. People will like it of course but that's because they're not looking for balance, just stacked games.

lol... i guess mods are all about balance... well... wouldn't it just be called an add-on if you're just tweaking it a little?

Why Eagle Red is the baddest, expert v2.0?

Eagle Red v2.0 is sucks because Yuri has replaced by Asian Alliance!

Mental Omega is baddest because no Blood Bath and Instrudial Rev.

Case File 1405031815

Investigator Nmenth

Patient deceased 4 years, 362 days.

Patient observed living again.

Checked for pulse. None.

Checked for breath. None.

Checked for neural activity. None.

Checked patient's physical condition;

Flesh displaying highly advanced state of decay, bones clearly visible.

Internal organs completely absent, presumably eaten by carrion organisms years ago.

Patient heard moaning for brains.

Lungs and larynx are not present, unsure how this vocalization is possible.

More study is advised. At this juncture, complete resurrection via necroposting only viable explanation.

Suspect "yuri256" is believed to be a necroposter doubling in the black arts.

Close observation over suspect advised.

If event repeated, issue formal Warning against suspect for illegal practice of necropostery.

Patient euthanized.

End report.