Sign in to follow this  
Thorak

Best General for the Generals Challenge

What do you think is the best general for the Generals Challenge and why?

On hard mode I reached the Tigress with the Laser General and the Nuke General, but was not able to beat her yet (With the Nuke general I control all of the map execpt for her base now).

All opinions and tactics are welcome.

Playing against Leang, the best option is a Blitzkrieg style attack on her main defence. By hitting it first with a Nuclear Missile or a particle cannon, then attack their defences with some sort of air attack. follow it up with some sort of heavy tank column whilst still attacking static defences from the air. Use destructive generals powers to hit power plants and supplement yiour main spearhead.

Playing as the Nuke General, the carpet bombing and artillery bombardments are best while moving as many Overlords and ECM tanks up into her base. Then using Nuke Migs and any Nuclear Cannons that can fire, disable as many returning units as possible (If using Nuke Cannons, make them use Neutron Shells) and continue this push. A certified help for this would Black Lotus and some Troop Crawlers to use as cannon fodder. If you can push even the slightest bit into her base, you'llo see it begin to crumble. As always though, brute force is the key. Overlords/Helix with show the enemy the error of her ways.

The Generals Challenge, for me, was best done with Demo Juhziz. His ability to produce terror cycles and bomb trucks cheaply was like having a cheap way to destroy most buildings in a single hit, and his scud storms are the single most devestating weapon in the game, without exception.

with the nuke general just hammer her base with nukes and nuke migs. Then when her critical buildings and defences are down send in some overlords.

I've gotten up to her using the Infantry General...boy, was that hard. I'm still trying to figure out good ways of penetrating her outer defences. :hmm:

The actual hardest Generals Challenge wasn't included in the final cut for ZH - General Mohar Deathstrike was something of an impossibility to fight. when you face the combined might of Dr Thrax, Prince Kassad and Demo Juhziz, you'll know pain :(

Stealthed high explosive units with chemicals, not to mention the devastation the scud storm of juhiz WITH anthrax.

Facing that could cause fear in all who face that guy :shock:

Pro:Gen by Deezire has this monster general as the boss for if you're playing as the GLA - its like facing armageddon in a game.

Laser General - Destroy the three superweapons first, you can use any method you want... Whup ass by using multiple superweapons (Particle Cannons) and after wiping off main defenses rush with a huge army of Laser Crusaders, but make sure they're all prepared already, or you'll waste time building the army while you clean off the defenses, which is sure stupid...

Laser General - Destroy the three superweapons first, you can use any method you want... Whup ass by using multiple superweapons (Particle Cannons) and after wiping off main defenses rush with a huge army of Laser Crusaders, but make sure they're all prepared already, or you'll waste time building the army while you clean off the defenses, which is sure stupid...

Destroying the SW is hard enough withou8t havign to try and finish off the base. The antithesis of your attack should be in securing the points for resetting the SW. Then,. as the count downs get to near zero, capture and reset them.

If you can then build up an attack force strong enough to hold her forces at the bridge, or even better, drive them back, you can begin chipping at her defences with planes and artillery, thus softening them up for a final attack with your tanks.

well i just nuke cannoned her base defence with gattling and BM backups and after that i ambushed her with rebels and then i slowy rushed her with tanks

and rushed her base with terrorist tech's every chinese stuff i have to oblivion :P

PS:i was playing demo and i stole a chinese conyard :twisted:

Playing against Leang, the best option is a Blitzkrieg style attack on her main defence. By hitting it first with a Nuclear Missile or a particle cannon, then attack their defences with some sort of air attack. follow it up with some sort of heavy tank column whilst still attacking static defences from the air. Use destructive generals powers to hit power plants and supplement yiour main spearhead.

Playing as the Nuke General, the carpet bombing and artillery bombardments are best while moving as many Overlords and ECM tanks up into her base. Then using Nuke Migs and any Nuclear Cannons that can fire, disable as many returning units as possible (If using Nuke Cannons, make them use Neutron Shells) and continue this push. A certified help for this would Black Lotus and some Troop Crawlers to use as cannon fodder. If you can push even the slightest bit into her base, you'llo see it begin to crumble. As always though, brute force is the key. Overlords/Helix with show the enemy the error of her ways.

Thats what I do.

I cannot beat the first level with the demo general. SW general owns me. I am used to beating down any superweapons that pose a thread with generals abilities, superweapons, or massive airstrikes without having to bludgeon my way through to them early in the game.

This is why I really like the Air Force general. Once I get my **** together, shock and awe. My airstrikes never stop. The laser general is a pushover.. for how good he is, his base sucked. If he had been played by an intelligent person, I would have trouble. Laser Patriots are bad news for air targets.