Sign in to follow this  
SSRussian

Well i gues im not so good at this

ok so is Tibedie compatible with final sun and if so can i make my own type of tiberium and how. i tried and my changes did not take effect?

Pleas help me learn

I can see Tibed being compatible with Final Sun to some extent. Knowing you can extract your changes from one program to the other. Then editing it in the other is possible. But editing new items such as voxels, shp's or unused logic may cause problems later on. Though Tibed is a great unit editor, it really shouldn't used for making a real mod.

As for the tiberium, I don't think you can add new ore. I've seen mods alter the two current in the game. But I've never seen others added. If the game's engine allows you to add new ore to the default list it should be easy. Creating a new entry, with new art and value would be pretty simple. Then adding it to the INI.rules...

[Tiberiums]

0=Riparius

1=Cruentus

2=Vinifera

3=Aboreus

4=NewTiberium

Though this is an area I didn't dell in much. I tried to messing with the idea of mining for oil on water for RA2/YR. Only found that the miners would get stuck while they where mining the ore/oil.