Sonic

Desktop / Avatar / Sig Showing Off Thread

I have a real sig now. Someone on another forum made it for me. It's kind of gay, but I don't care. I'm confident enough in my manliness.

Now I need to change my avatar so it matches.

linky please.

(you always find nice planetoid wallies... and strangely it enough this pic best described how I felt this morning when I woke up.)

you always find nice planetoid wallies...

He thinks he's a god, so it fits I suppose... :P

:drool: soooo many sweet images.... a great way to waste time while download renx 0.36 patch.

But my new problem....which one to use.

Hey the macs have a built in random wallie changer - does anybody know of a good free pc one (for vista and xp)???

My Windows 7 desktop.... with a couple of things blanked out ;)

image1ip.jpg

Pr0n censored? XD

btw Sonic, you are aware that you can have multiple desktop backgrounds right?

Multiple backgrounds that change every 3 seconds? Can you get any more pointless? :P

How is Windows 7 going anyway Sonic? I might pick myself up a copy sometime. I'd like to grab a cheap OEM one, but I know I'll be upgrading soon. Its just annoying paying an extra $100 - $150. :(

Multiple backgrounds that change every 3 seconds? Can you get any more pointless? :P

No the duration choices are as follows: 10secs, 30 secs, 1min, 3min, 5 min, 10 min, 15min, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr, 4hr, 6hr, 12hr and 1day.

Pick one that suits you best, if you want a slideshow wallpapers. Oh you can shuffle around if you want. Imagine seeing tons of different Gemma Atkinson wallpapers in various hot poses every min. :thumbsup:

I think a wallpaper switch every time you log in would be more appropriate.

Time intervals would be stupid.

Or everytime you view the desktop.

btw Sonic, you are aware that you can have multiple desktop backgrounds right?

Fully aware. But I don't change the wallpaper all that often, I change it when I find something I like.

How is Windows 7 going anyway Sonic? I might pick myself up a copy sometime. I'd like to grab a cheap OEM one, but I know I'll be upgrading soon. Its just annoying paying an extra $100 - $150. :(

Liking it so far. The changes to the taskbar is something I'm getting used to though.

And OEM copy goes for about $190 - $220.

Good tool here. the Windows 7 Upgrade Adviser. Scan your system to see if you may have any potential issues with the change to Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7...de-advisor.aspx

Update:

desktopx.png

This is XP btw.

Well that certainly looks different. What's that thing in the middle with the CNCNZ.com icon on it?

Ok so:

>Objectdock plus (the main dock at the bottom, and the three tabbed docks at the top)

>Rainmeter (sidebar thingy)

>Launchy (the rectangle in the middle, it's a luancher app. You press Alt+Space and it pops up, you type in what your after (applications, folders, bookmarks) and it opens said thing, it also learns meaning after using for a while you only have to type the first 1 or 2 letter before you tap enter. It also does basic addition and subtraction and if it can't find what your talking about it just searches for it with google.)

So I thought about changing my avatar into an animated one of an underwater nuke (as underwater nukes can only truly be appreciated in an animation). Unfortunately, the gif I made is 7.92 MB, which is slightly larger than avatars are permitted. It's also slightly larger than I would post here lest someone start whining about me slowing down their dial-up connection.

So if you want to see what could have been my avatar (if this was 2059 and everyone had 100 Gbps fiber-optic internet access), view it over this link, but you might want to give it a moment or two to load unless you have a top of the line internet connection. It is 86 frames and plays for 14 seconds.

The nuke's info:

Test: Baker

Date: July 24, 1946

Operation: Crossroads

Site: Bikini Atoll lagoon, Marshall Islands

Detonation: Underwater, depth - 90ft (27.5m)

Yield: 23kt

Type: Fission

Here's a nice still shot of it depicting the water column upended the battleship Arkansas.

380px-Operation_Crossroads_Baker_Edit.jpg

An 8 MB image is not good for an avatar :naughty:

An 8 MB image is not good for an avatar :naughty:

Aw, it's only 16 times over the max, make an exception! :P

Aw, it's only 16 times over the max, make an exception! :P

I agree here. :D